Dirty tyres too punishing?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PanVlk, Sep 7, 2020.

?

Do you think current implementation of dirty tyres is too punishing?

1. Yes - should be toned down

42 vote(s)
    68.9%
  2. No - it's perfect

19 vote(s)
    31.1%
  3. No - the effect should be even stronger

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    I watch far too many iRansom clips of accidents, makes me laugh, a lot. Most crashes are caused through someone leaving the track, then losing it again when rejoining, collecting someone else, who then repeats the cycle until 20 cars are piled on top of each other and everyone is throwing abuse at some poor soul, tiz bloody hilarious and addictive. All because iRansom also has too stiffer traction penalty for leaving the track but I'd rather they left it the same, it's RR I'd like to tone it down a bit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Couldnt help but think of this thread while watching george russell get his williams within 1.5s of hamilton on this lap. He definitely wouldnt have managed to do that on r3e ;) :D

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 5
  3. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Yes, exactly the same came to my mind...even outqualified his teammate again and beat his own PB in qualy.

btw. Mugello for R3E when? :D

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Probably only works for germans (non germans can check if theres an f2 sprint race video on the f1 channel thats in their language and then watch lap 18) but at 38:10 shwartzman takes it for a 7 second ride through the gravel, tires completely covered in dirt, yet still manages to defend his position through the following corners.

After seeing that i now feel confident enough to actually vote for too punishing on this poll :D

• Agree Agree x 8
  5. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Even if it's unrealistic, now that I spent a significant time at Imola preparing for an upcoming event, I kinda like how the game punishes you for going off track. Maybe it could be a bit toned down, but I'd keep it close to how it is now, purely for educational purposes.

6. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    The gravel punishment is fine, it should be a chore to escape but touching the grass with 2 wheels being a race ender is far and beyond reality. I had to run across the grass last night, to miss carnage and the car would not go forwards after, just rotate until the tyres glow red, with just the smallest amount of throttle it 180's, bullshit, normal everyday cars don't behave this way so why the hell do race cars? I could pull up countless vids of drivers going off track, getting back on and continuing on their way, in a straight, no wheelspin line, impossible in RR these days. The GT3's are becoming a chore to drive as well and for similar reasons. The Merc I drove last night just kept getting red hot tyres and spinning, was no fun whatsoever, rear right was red for most of the race. Had a go in the GT4's at Laguna and had a totally different problem, half a dozen laps in, all fine then out of the blue at turn 4, I was sent 90 degrees to the left into the wall, now I've been having wheel issues or rather Thrustmaster is and I'm receiving the effects of it, this didn't feel the same as this though, this felt like the fronts let go, bit again, then gave up entirely and threw me off track. Something feels off with some of the tyres on some of the cars, GT3's especially, just not fun to drive at all, honestly felt like there was oil on the track last night, literally had to tiptoe around the track and there's me, thinking I was driving a racing car, felt more like on a skid pan in a double decker bus. Something is not right, not right at all.

7. Munty

Munty New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    The effect should be less, but possibly last for a little longer.

8. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    modifications are being tested

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Don't tell me, snow chains, about the only thing that could possibly help or perhaps a jet wash in the boot, be quicker than trying to drive this magical super slippery gravel dust off the tyres.

10. Muca

Muca Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Raced a few races at Sachsenring. If you touch with 1 mm the gravel on the exit at the penultimate corner, you can basically quit the race. It did not matter how slow I went up the hill, the car spun. It is like there is no rear tire at all, it is the same feeling.
    Gravel is absolute ridiculous. This weekend at ADAC GT MASTERS several cars went through the gravel at this corner. They lost a couple tenths.

• Agree Agree x 1