Telemetry SecondMonitor (Timing & status App)

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Winzarten, Oct 26, 2017.

1. El Condor Arai

El Condor Arai New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I saw this App and thought this was a good idea, so I installed it on assetto corsa, but it wouldn't start and ai pitted in one lap and I couldn't get out of there.......
    Is there any way to get it back on track? Thanks, I think wix_generate.cmd is suspicious...

2. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    This app doesn't control the AI, and cannot affect what AI does ingame.
    Also wix_generate.cmd is not part of the isntalled app, but only part of the repository (it was used to generate initial guid for installation files, for installation script).

Are you sure you installed the app (by the downloading an installation .msi file), and not just downloaded the repository? Also it shouldn't be installed on a sim, but in its own directory ;)

3. El Condor Arai

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    At first, I tried to unzip and install it from the master file via Content Manager, but it caused some error (it didn't affect Content Manager), and then I tried to play it after hitting the cmd file to see if something was wrong, and it caused a pit-in bug...
    Then I got the msi file with the correct procedure and telemetry was installed, but the bug remains unfixable and telemetry doesn't show up...
    By the way, I tried it for comparison in rfactor2 after the correct installation and it's correct and bug-free.

4. El Condor Arai

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I just turned on the Second Monitor's Python app and played it just now, and it showed up correctly. However, considering that the pit-in bug of ai has not been fixed, it is likely to be caused by the error of decompressing the master file in Content Manager...
    I'll try backing up the content once I've backed up the content and then re-installing the assetto corsa after I've turned everything back white.

5. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I'm just getting blank boxes where the MP rating should be? Any ideas how to fix?

6. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    MP rating for r3e is still not implemented ;)

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Dillan Tan

Dillan Tan New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    How do I update to the newer version manually?

8. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Daeburon

Daeburon New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm having an issue. reports are not being written except for Practice.

in SM settings window, under Report Options, I have 20 max reports, 1 minute minimum session. All boxes are checked for export and auto open for all the modes: (practice, quali, warm up, race). If I do a practice session, then once its over the report is saved and opens as it should. I can see all the data there. so at least this is partly working.

However, If I do qualifying and/or a race, nothing is written, and nothing is opened.

I'm not sure if I'm missing some setting, but idk what it could be since practice is working, and everything is checked. Maybe a manual export button could be added in case this happens?

Edit: I did some testing, uninstalled the current version and tried some older ones from Gitlab. had the same issue with one or two, but using 6.7 reports seem to be working for races.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
  10. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    The next time it happens, could you please upload the log file? I will have a look, most likely something got broken between those versions.
    There is a open log folder in the settings.

11. ouuzi

ouuzi New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi to all,
    The tool is very very nice. I having a problem though I have it running in my laptop as a client. I have checked the documentation and in telemetry window it shows how to enter car properties to make the data more useful. This button is not in my version which is the latest one from the repository. Can anybody help with this?

12. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Hi, the reason is that I try to write the wiki as I develop new features, sadly there is no "working version" of wiki, only "live" so sometimes you can find stuff in wiki that is not yet on the main SW branch, but rather on the "soon to be released". This is one such thing ;)

Sorry for the confusion. :)

13. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    @Winzarten regarding the track map, is there any way I can make the driver tags go around more smoothly? they sort of jump and stutter along for me.....

14. ouuzi

ouuzi New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So is there a way to check this version in advance?

15. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    There is "Animate Driver Pos." in the options. This may smooth things, at the cost of additional cpu usage.

Nope, there are reasons why it is ins't on the main branch. It's either not fininshed or too buggy, anyway, not a pleasant experience ;)

16. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I already have that checked. Perhaps it's because my CPU is already running pretty high. Anyway, it's not a huge concern. Any progress on getting multiplayer rating/reputation into the table?

17. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    It's on the todo list, next after the comming update.
    Development had been little slower the past few weeks, because I'm in the middle of my hay fever season, and sneezing uncontrollably and simracing doesn't match well :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
  19. Carlos quintao

Carlos quintao New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi everyone
    i would like to know how to use the
    Car Settings (Telemetry) dont know if i have to change the values and what to do
    Car Settings Window also dont know if i have to change the numbers
    will values change while driving
    im trying to use with the pcars2 my setups and i see values are diferent
    have read the manuall on wiki but doesnt explain too much how to use it.
    i want to see telemetry but with my in game car setup
    Any help is welcome
    regard
    Carlos

Last edited: Sep 22, 2020
  20. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Heya
    For Car Settings (Telemetry), in general:
    • Ideal Camber - Most tyres have a camber value where they produce most grip. Your aim for setup is that in fast corners, as the suspension compress, and camber changes, that it will change to roughly this ideal value. If you want the camber histogram to be centered on this value, then you enter this value here. The thing is that sims don't provide what this value actually is, so unless you do some analysis, comparing different camber values to lateral acceleration, you do not know this value.
    • Bump/rebound transition: The suspension velocity histogram is split between fast and slow bump/rebound (one part is red, other part is green). This number define what the boundary speed is. It is usefull if you want to have precise statistics for bump and rebound, but basic dampers tuning can be done without changing these values. These values are most of the time in the setup screen of the sim, but I'm not sure PCars2 usess speed.
    • Spring Stiffnes / Neutral Susp. travel : These are used if you want to have proper aerodynamic load values, as sims often don't provide those. The idea behind them is simple, i.e. if a stationary car has its springs compressed by 5mm, and a moving one at 200kph by 15mm, then aerodynamic load is equal to the difference of the travel (because that's what is compressing the spring) * how much force it takes to compress the by 1mm. These can be found in the car setup screen in sim. (ps, I know there is also the 3rd spring, but the app doesn't know about that yet).
    Car Settings Window, this affect mainly the color of the temperatures/pressures in the main app. For Pcars 2 they should be pretty much correct for pressures, as I used this http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?57541-Project-CARS-2-Tyre-Temps as source. For temperatures, they all assume ideal temperature 85, which will most likely not be correct for road tyres. You can change them based on the coloring of the ingame Pcars2 hud. :)

• Like Like x 1