suggestion: basic FWD hatchbacks for us amateur racers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yossarian, Sep 28, 2020.

1. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Nope, gonna disagree, no road cars and a hold on any new series.
    Tiz about time a few of the series & groups were filled up, so many with just one or two cars and even the likes of GT4, where we have 5, that's still woefully short of the real grid. I may drone on a bit about this but I fear things won't change, as an example group C, @Alex Hodgkinson has history developing these beasts. The 2 in RR presently are fantastic, so there's no lack of technical ability. If the Jaguar, Mazda, Peugeot, Mercedes etc etc, any of them turned up they would be snapped up like toilet rolls in a pandemic, so it's not a financial reasons and with this being a historical series, licencing can't be the issue, so: what is?
    Well the old small team scenario will bear it's head, again, so that brings in priorities and commitments to partners. Well with what looks like the demise of DTM in its present form and WTCR looking to turn to sewing machine motors, maybe, just maybe some time or staff will become available to beef up a few of these empty series. Our @Anthony Monteil must be chomping on his microphone to get to work on some of the missing in action cars in RR or is he busy trying to make a VW sewing machine sound different than a Mercedes sewing machine? :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Wanting a license and being able to get it are two very different things. You think any of the devs wouldn't want Aston Martin, Ferrari, Lamborghini etc in the game?

3. Jota Ele

Jota Ele Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    An cheap utilitary with no racing preparation and without abs/tc/dsc would be amazing in r3e, to fight with these cars can be incredible

Check in this screen from our yesterday race with one of this cars (fwd 115hp 950kg) how close is the laptimes of everyone at the end of the race in a track of more than 2 minutes and 15 curves!

I love racing with low power cars :)

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Any car in raceroom will always be race prepared..we don't do road cars...

• Like Like x 1
  5. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    They're all possible as ACC has them all and they're in other sims, so it's all down to money, these are expensive in real life, so charge more or do as other companies do and take the hit to promote your (S3 not you personally) product.
    It's not hard though, as some pretty atrocious games/sims have included these marques over the years, it's all about the wonga and S3 obviously don't have it or (on with the tin foil hat) none of these manufacturers use K&W so K&W will steer clear of them. :eek: Kinda makes sense to work with partners closer than others.
    Probably down to politics, generally the reason the people lose out, dumb ass politics, spoiler of most things!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    AMS2 added 2x Minis yesterday as it goes. I found the modern versions to be fat 'n' sterile, but the '67 Coopers are a blast when door bangin' through Druids.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I know what you mean about modern minis. I did used to enjoy them on race07 but that was a long way back now. Classic minis would be great, have a look at them racing at Goodwood revival.... brilliant. Would make a good sparring partner for the NSU too

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Money always talks. I don't know how the business side of the game works so I can't really comment on that sort of thing.

9. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    Sorry, I have to disagree, money is important but it's not the only thing that makes some licenses accessible.
    What is possible for some studios or publishers is not necessarly possible for some others, like Sector3 in exemple, and I'm not talking about money here.

The truth is, manufacturers licensing departments have their own policies, they can refuse a license to some studios while they will grant it to others. It's their right to do so and we cannot change that.

So, this is simply one of the reasons why some cars are available in some others games and not in R3E, which doesn't stop us to try again and again ;)

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  10. azaris

azaris Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Check your tyres though, there's an annoying bug where it fits the Mini with rain tyres by default. That will make it drive like a boat.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. anno900

anno900 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Mini ist a british Car, which is ment to be driven on a british track and it is raining in GB by default. So it is not a bug. Just joking...

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. GooseCreature

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    One must always cover ones arse, if it's not money, it's politics, I believe I said. ;)
    Would love to know the defining reasons to why Licences are granted to one publisher over another, do hope it's not as petty as like one person prefers one sim over another but I'd imagine, in this bean counting era that it's solely down to numbers, your crappy EA titles and the console headliners etc. Quantity over quality wins out yet again, what a shitty society we have to navigate through.
    I could sit down and create any brands, top of the range, latest and greatest model I want and drop into any of the moddable sims. o_O Weird, oh so weird.

13. LRK-racer

LRK-racer Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Totally not biased, but I'd love to see a class with small 2,0L Hatchbacks with 170-200hp in the game, maybe even an Opel Astra (again, not biased at all) :)

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  14. Yossarian

Yossarian Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Well yest, the Astra GSi would make a fine addition to that list I suggested in the first post - don't know how could I forget it. I raced one for four years :D

• Like Like x 1
  15. sergeich

sergeich Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    The rFactor2 has many simple road cars..., but at Nordschleife they are not very interesting... they are too easy at NS and slow. Also you can try RR's BMW 320i

And yes, Raceroom can extend FWD cars with BTCC class - it have FWD and RWD cars.

16. Krystian Sulkiewicz

Krystian Sulkiewicz Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    Kia Picanto Cup would be great :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. schwalbach123

schwalbach123 Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Looks like we have a new car wishlist thread.... ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    Alfasud or R5 cup!

19. Aurigarius

Aurigarius Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Most exiting race-series I can ever imagine :sleeping:

Come on...there are /were so many exiting small-car race-series in the world.
    Noone would ever buy a virtual Kia Piccanto :joycat:

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Muca

Muca Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Tried ranked Audi TT at Suzuka once. First corner was fun with tail breaking, the rest was boring as hell.
    Tried WTCR Slovakia ring. Same, just boring. Imo they are too slow. WTCC was more fun and sounded amazing.

For sim racing if fwd I think they need some serious power to be exciting. Or I just dislike them... :(