Released DTM 2020

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Georg Ortner, Aug 21, 2020.

1. carlos de hoz

carlos de hoz Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    In my opinion I do not see anything broken, I have fun driving them. It is a delicate car to drive and you cannot relax, it wants to kill you at each corner exit, once the tire reaches that temperature it becomes calmer, I think in the temperature of the tires, some drivers may have problems, I also think on the other hand, that a little less demanding, there would be more drivers, !!!!! but only a little, where I am having problems is in the sounds and I am looking for the problem, from what I see there are no reports so it will be my problem, but I can't find what it is

2. Muca

Muca Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the suggestion, tried a couple laps leaderboard challenge on Sachsenring. Imo they are as easy as GT3 to drive, there are no super slow corners. They are ~10 seconds faster than GT3 which is really crazy.

3. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Sachsenring is one of the tracks, that actually brings them to strong under- and oversteer, though, even on effective aero speeds. They are way easier to drive, than the GT3 class in R3E, as soon, as you get into the pedalwork, in my opinion.

4. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Do the real cars definitely have launch control? (Aside from Robert Kubicas setting)

5. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    Can you describe your sound issue please? Maybe I can help you to fix it? ;)

6. Hendrick

Hendrick Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    Greetings, I joined RaceRoom over a month ago and enjoy it. When the DTM 2020 announcement was made early in the year I knew I would give this game a try and Im not disappointed. As for the DTM cars, job well done by the studio, many thanks. My only concern is the tire wear. I have been doing lots of practice sessions across tracks and did notice tires do not last much on my end. Just now I did a full race at DEKRA Lausitzring (DTM Grand Prix Course), 55mins, mandatory stop, no additional lap, AI at 97.

Race recap
    - Right front puncture last sector as pit window opened, I pit but still far away from mid race.
    - Right front puncture last sector as pit window is seconds from closing, I pit again and just about make it
    - Right front puncture last sector coming out of the last turn to finish the race.
    - This race was done with driving aids on (TC and ABS)
    - I loose around 9-10% front tire wear alone on my out laps alone just before I start a lap (practice and qualifying)
    - I use the OtterHud to get more info when racing

I am running default setup, nothing but enough fuel to get me to the end. Has anyone been able to do a full 55mins race with a mandatory stop and get to the end on that stop alone? In real life its more than ok, they often pit early for the undercut and do longer stints towards the end. Am I missing something? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

7. Olaf Hülse

Olaf Hülse Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    Seems like you're using fuel and tyre wear multiplicators.
    Greetings

8. Hendrick

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    I only have them "ON" so I assume they are normal
    Did another practice run I loose around 10% wear per lap on my fronts

Last edited: Oct 8, 2020
  9. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Sounds strange but:
    Could you re-test without TC and ABS on some laps?
    The tyres are indeed not on the most long-life side, but 10% per lap is indeed a bit beefy.

10. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Do you use a steering wheel or keyboard/gamepad? Could be you're steering too much due to digital or at least not-so-precise steering input. Just a thought...

11. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    Does anyone have handy the DRS/PTP rules for the 2020 DTM cars, the ones being used by Raceroom?

I was just in the Zolder 15min ranked race - one moment I had lots of DRS in the bank, the next it was all gone; greyed out.

12. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
  13. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    Brilliant, thnx Herve.

edit: OK but I'm not seeing why the DRS I had 'saved' gets wiped out late in the race.

14. Hendrick

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    I now loose around 6% per lap on my fronts. I do not know how realistic that is but still fear I will not be able to do a full 55min race + additional lap without having to pit twice. I made adjustments to the steering rotation on my wheel to help reduce the tire wear.

15. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Did you take the lead?

16. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    After watching FP1 right now...very likely no. They clutchdropped and building up revs by themselves manually. (practice starts)
    Is it different(more) when driving with TC and ABS?

17. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    If only!

18. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    Couple of minor cosmetic things - the Audi's windscreen wiper doesn't rattle around like the BMW's. Also the BMW's windscreen has subtle dirt and grime that helps the illusion you're looking through something, especially during morning/evening races. By contrast the Audi's windscreen seems to be spotlessly clean, doesn't seem like there's any glass there at all.

And a quick suggestion - the ability to toggle between dark/light LCD schemes.

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. T3AMGEIST

T3AMGEIST Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I slowly start to get a feeling for these cars, and they are really a lot of fun to drive .

20. Hendrick

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    I have all assists off now and much faster but yes I still loose that 6% per lap on the fronts. I will just have to settle for 30min races with a mandatory stop since 55mins is still a long shot. Has anybody been able to do a full race 55mins on that single stop? Or is it just a problem on my side.....:(
    I love this DTM 2020 DLC but it still needs to polish up on a few things listed below:
    - Please give us DTM 2020 rules to pick from the menu
    - Driver portraits are a must have and will make the grid menus a lot cleaner ;)
    - Please give us true driver like performances. I have no idea what Rene Rast is doing 2nd last the entire weekend and cannot get into the points. I see drivers that have no business whatsoever dominate races. There is too much randomization and this kills the single player experience and championship.