Released DTM 2020

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Georg Ortner, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Yes, definitely.

Here's an example of a race start from 2019:

The critical give away:
    Screenshot 2020-10-12 125059.png

@Hendrick
    Drive a few laps and then look at the tyre temperature display in the garage menu. You should adjust the tyre pressures to equalise the temperature spread. For example if you had a split of (80/82/88) on a tyre you would want to slightly increase the tyre pressure until the middle temperature is equal to the average of the inside and outside temperatures (84 here).
    You'll have happier tyres which will last a bit longer.

• Informative Informative x 2
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
  2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    So 2020 technical regulations haven't changed in this regard for sure?

At Zolder, there were onboards for the practice starts this year. I can't remember seeing an "LC off" in the onboards and drivers were using the clutch in FP1, revs weren't stable at all over the whole procedure.

3. schwalbach123

schwalbach123 Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    At the race start i see also a LC OFF on the Dashboard so they have Launch control

4. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    2020? (Wasn't able to see the Zolder race itself, saw the FP start practice)

5. Muca

Muca Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    It isn't a constant 6% per lap, is it? The degrade first quite fast percentage wise. 1 hour on a set is almost impossible I think but 30 minutes is easily possible, did it several times. It is called tire management. You cannot drive 1 hour long qualifying laps.

6. schwalbach123

schwalbach123 Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Yes, at a replay at the saturday race in Zolder

• Like Like x 1
  7. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the heads up!

8. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    In-game, what's the equivalent of the 'Boost' (knob at the center that the driver rotated)?

9. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    I also experience 6% tyre wear at Sachsenring per lap, when targeting low 1:12 to high 1:11 times in practice. :eek:
    Has something changed?

EDIT: I can bring it down to 4,8-5,2% pL on the right front, when managing heat and driving a softer setup, but it feels, like it has become worse with wear for some reason.:confused:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
  10. Hendrick

Hendrick Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    I might be new to R3E but I have been playing sim games for a very long time. @Muca going back to my first post about my struggles, I did lots of tire management, going 2/3/4sec per lap slower desperate to finish the race without a forced third stop. Hence I also mention its on default setup, not at hotlap setup. To answer you question, yes its a consistent drop across all tires per lap. I took advice given by Alex about temps and that run got worse, I would slide all over. I will try and upload a screenshot of my outlap, yes just my outlap alone right before I start a lap just so you can see how much wear I get. Temps even out just fine on my 2nd & 3rd laps, its on default setup. Hope its useful.

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    I had similar experiences (Sachsenring). Like mentioned, even made the car more conservative and softer, drove it less hard (which actually makes it sliding more).

I didn't struggle that much at car release. (did races on Nürburgring, Hockenheim and Spa and wear was high, but okay-ish:confused:)

12. Hendrick

Hendrick Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately, on DTM 2020 release I was still new to R3E. I was using the default hud and had no detailed info on my tires. I was doing 15min races across many tracks and enjoying myself. Its only after a few weeks I saw the Otterhud on youtube and set it up. My attempt at a 55mins race at DEKRA Lausitzring was painful. Today I did a practice run at Zolder. Was able to improve on my PB by just over 2sec on default setup but P14. I am getting the hang of these cars all assist off. Tire wear is a lil better but still not enough to even attempt a 55min race. As long as doing 55min + one lap with the mandatory pitstop is possible, then all will be great :)

13. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    I've done a few 30min races at Zolder, Nurburgring and Hockenheim (thanks Raido server!) and I've found that of the three Zolder is the easiest on tires; you can do 30mins without worrying about tire conservation. Nurburgring & Hockenheim are brutal on the left-front and quite a few times I've resorted to cruising a few laps just to stay safe.

14. CrimsonEminence

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    Maybe i will do a full race distance today or tomorrow on Sachsenring or Hockenheim, to have some fun with the tires... :->

15. VeryStef

VeryStef New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hi, why are asymmetrical setups not possible with these cars ? DTM regulation ?

16. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Or any car for that matter... I noticed in setup screen of various cars.

17. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    They are. Use the right mouse button to change one side only.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. MattYKee

MattYKee Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Im still able to set asymetrical setups so yea..
    Havent seen any car that has them disabled.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. VeryStef

VeryStef New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Awesome ... these amazing cars just got even better (for me ... ;-). Thx..

• Like Like x 1
  20. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for your statement.
    On yesterdays Zolder race, ran.de moderator Matthias Killing talked with Rene Rast and Ferdinand Habsburg about their starts and they both say, that they are good starters (as we could see on TV)
    A few years ago, they used a system where they could preload while starting. This isn't allowed anymore, so it's on the drivres side (they said)

So I'm a bit confused why there are good starters and bad starters, even when everyone should use the LC there. It's not that I don't trust you. I've seen the LC off in last weeks Saturday Zolder TV, too.

So, well.... I think you have the official info from ITR that they use LC in DTM20 but it seems a bit strange.

• Like Like x 1