Telemetry SecondMonitor (Timing & status App)

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Winzarten, Oct 26, 2017.

1. TRACKKS

TRACKKS New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hope taht can help.

Many thanks for your support winzarten

Attached Files:

• log.txt
      File size:
      1.5 MB
      Views:
  2. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Could also upload those files from the server computer? So far it looks like the application is trying to connect, but it cannot reach the other side. So it looks like a firewall/routing problem so far. Maybe the server side will tell more.

3. TRACKKS

TRACKKS New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

here we go

Just for your informtion i have tryd it without firewall and nothing happends.

Attached Files:

• log.txt
      File size:
      956.6 KB
      Views:
  4. TRACKKS

TRACKKS New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I delete all.
    now we have two new data

1.SIm PC /
    2. 2nd Monitor PC

Attached Files:

• log.txt
      File size:
      1.1 MB
      Views:
    • log.txt
      File size:
      1.6 MB
      Views:
  5. mitchwright58

mitchwright58 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    AVG and Norton. I put the app on safe List when it was blocked but you have to redo it with every update.

6. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, I've written AVG, they require these two things of me

Could you please provide these please?
    Could also please provide me similar screenshot (threat name), from Norton? I require those just to contact them. Thanks :)

@TRACKKS
    From the logs, it looks like the PC running the sims to be the one causing the issue. The application is unable to create a listening server on that port. It looks like that the remote connector is also enabled there. On that pc ony "Data Broadcast Server" needs to be enabled. The "Enable Remote Connector" needs to be disabled. This might be causing that.

7. Cologne Racer

Cologne Racer New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hi Winzarten,

is it possible to add the setup used to the individual reports or telemetry evaluations? Just as information about which setup file was set for the session?

Cologne Racer

8. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    You mean like ingame setups?

9. Cologne Racer

Cologne Racer New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hello Winzarten,

do not fully understand what you mean now. I mean the setup, what is set in the RR. So either the basic setup or the self-selected / created one. Your own setup is saved in a file. If you now run a session with it and a report is created in SM, it would be good if the name of the file of the setup used is displayed / saved in the report.
    So you can later see in the report which of your own setup files this report was run with.

Cologne Racer

10. Glovepup

Glovepup New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi @Winzarten,

Firstly I'm so pleased that I found your app, tested it for the first time the other night during a practice test and loved it. Then I tried to use it as a spectator and the only data which appeared to work is the track and weather. Are you aware of this?

Thanks

11. TRACKKS

TRACKKS New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Hey Winzarten ,
    its work!! :)
    I have tried your app with raceroom, asetto corsa and it works perfect.
    I really happy now.
    Many thanks for your help.

I would like to donate for this great app and your awesome support about my issue,winzarten, but i have no idea how much is ok...
    can someone tell my how much is fair and ok for that asweome work from winzarten.

many thanks and now i wiill go on track again... :)

12. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    @Cologne Racer
    Sadly I don't have access to setup files via the shared memory, so there is no way for me to automatically

@Glovepup
    Hi. Yes, I'm aware, but as more poeple are reporting it, I'm moving it up my priorities, so hopefully it should work in the next patch. My assumption is that some part of code doesn't properly check if a driver-player to be present and assumes it is. Thanks for the report ;)

@TRACKKS
    Glad it got sorted :) As much or little you want. Any (really any) sum is appreciated ;) also no donation is absolutely ok, this is a fun hobby project for me, which I'm glad people find usefull :)

13. Cologne Racer

Cologne Racer New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hi Winzarten,
    okay, thats a pity. Thanks!

Cologne Racer

14. Cologne Racer

Cologne Racer New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hello Winzarten,

sorry, but I have another question about SM. Especially for the "Suspension Velocity Histogram". If I understand this correctly, the setting of the dampers is reflected here (i.e. rebound and bump).
    I have now tried to test this. It struck me that despite a big change in the damper settings in Raceroom (sometimes more than 10 clicks), there was hardly any change in the histogram. Only a few percent (1 to 2 maybe) for the individual tires. And as I said before, although I have massively changed the settings in the setup.
    Can this be? Do you have to adjust something in SM in order to achieve a corresponding histogram display?
    Or have I thought incorrectly about that?
    This setting can also be made in Motec Suspension Histogram (with ACC), but there already a few clicks have an effect in the histogram. Unfortunately not in SM. Is it because of SM or RR? I would be very grateful for any help!

Cologne Racer

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  15. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    You don't need to adjust anything in SM.
    I'm taking suspension velocity straight from sim, and I've double checked the way histograms are calculated and there doesn't seem anything obvious wrong (it's pretty simple time the suspension velocity values fall into the band vs time of all data point).

One thing, maybe, is that I'm computing average between two datapointsm as the value, which I then consider to be constant for the whole time between those two data points. But this shouldn't affect effect softening/stiffening of dampers have on the general shape of the histogram (imho). Maybe someone better educated can tell me why that is wrong :)

16. the_greeze

the_greeze Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Same for me unfortunately :(
    Report publishing in ACC is not consistant. I sometimes get practice reports, sometimes qualifying reports but I always seem to get a race report (at least so far anyway).

Not sure if this is related to the ACC v1.5.9 update? Everything was working great...

17. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    When it happens, please upload a log file. I cannot do much without having a log to see if something went wrong ;)

18. the_greeze

the_greeze Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Whoops, sorry! My bad... :rolleyes:
    I've attached a .zip containing the contents of the SM log folder and included the two reports generated for reference (if needed).

I ran a short session in ACC with the following:
    Practice 1: 10 Mins
    Practice 2: 10 mins
    Qualifying: 10 mins
    Race: 20 mins (with 10 min pit window)

SM generated a report for the first practice session and for the race itself but not for Practice 2 or Qualifying. As I said earlier, SM always seems to produce a race report, others seem hit-and-miss.

As always, thank you for your work on this app; it really is fantastic. :)

Attached Files:

19. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Thank you, I will have a look at the logs :)

20. the_greeze

the_greeze Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Thank you. :)

A little bit of extra info: I did a career race (15m Practice x1, 15m Qualifying x2 and 1hr Race x2) over the course of the day yesterday and SM produced a report for each session as expected. The short session I ran in my previous post was a Single Player, custom race. Not sure if that's any help..?