WTCR Invalid laps

Discussion in 'Esports WTCR' started by Wayne Whitmore, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Wayne Whitmore

Wayne Whitmore New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I have just tried the online WTCR challenge, still 4 days to run at the time of writing, and although I was only position 162 I used some of the faster laps as a ghost challenge and most of the ones I tried all showed the car well outside of the track boundary. When ever I exceed track limits I get invalid lap message. How is it that these faster times are allowed invalid laps?

2. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    On these types of tracks, part of the challenge is to find out where exactly the lap gets invalidated. The fastest times will run exactly up to this point.

3. geoffers

geoffers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    The devs know more about this than me, but it appears to me that ghost cars position on the track is not exact. Try against your own ghost car & it often appears further off track than is legitimate.

4. Wayne Whitmore

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Robert you may have missed my point that these laps far exceed track limits not "run exactly up to this point".
    Maybe @geoffers is on the reason I will try as he suggested my own ghost position to see what it looks like.
    Thank you for the replies.

5. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    Which ghosts are that?
    I just followed the leader and I can do the same lines as him without invalidation, but he's right on the edge.

6. Wayne Whitmore

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Here's one to start with upload_2020-10-27_21-48-44.png

7. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    The guy has improved his time in the meantime, but I checked his current time and it's perfectly legal. The track limits in Aragon are pretty awful, especially at the corner entries.

8. Wayne Whitmore

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    @majuh thank you for the reply. With the ghost at the time his cars was all four wheels outside track limit (by a long way)at the chicane before the back straight turns 8 and 9. I tried to take a picture but the ghost car does not show up. I will monitor and send others as I find them.