Misc DollarRacing.Club - one-click R3E multiplayer server setup

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by LaundroMat, Dec 8, 2020.

1. LaundroMat

LaundroMat Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Running a multiplayer server on the same PC I was playing with did not always work as well as it should.

I started short-time renting a server to run the R3E multiplayer server on and then I automated the manual work of ordering and setting up the server, and the R3E installation.

This week I figured I'd turn this into a minimal service (at minimal cost) for anyone looking to set up and manage their own dedicated R3E server. It's at https://dollarracing.club/

Thanks for sharing any kind of feedback you have, I'm eager to make this as easy as possible for everyone.

2. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Hi. This looks quite interesting. Can the user specify the when the servers starts for a time in the future.....eg Saturday night 8pm.....or does the server spawn as soon as payment bis made?

3. LaundroMat

LaundroMat Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for your suggestion!
    Currently, the server spawns as soon the payment is made. I'll add your suggestion to my to-do list and let you know in this thread when I've added that option.

4. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I think this is a great concept. I've always fancied running a race series but messing around with dedi setup just isn't for me, and I think my pc would struggle to run a dedi and the game anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Cool 1962

Cool 1962 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @ Laundromat
    Bonjour, j'ai loué ce jour une session de 4h sur votre serveur dédié pour Raceroom.
    Le serveur fonctionne parfaitement mais à la fin de la séance d'essais impossible de passer à la séance de qualifications. Le temps reste à 0 mais rien ne se passe. Comment remédier à ce problème ? Merci

6. LaundroMat

LaundroMat Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Salut @Cool 1962,

Tout d'abord merci d'utiliser dollarracing.club - je suis toujours heureux quand quelqu'un voit la valeur de quelque chose que j'ai construit :)

Je suis désolé d'apprendre que vous avez eu un problème et bien que je pense que le problème est plus dû aux paramètres du serveur de jeu qu'à mon service, je serais très heureux de vous rembourser et de vous donner encore 4 heures supplémentaires.

La seule chose que je voudrais demander en retour est que si vous avez toujours accès au serveur, vous m'envoyez les informations de connexion. Je voudrais jeter un oeil aux paramètres du serveur et voir si je peux vous aider pour la prochaine fois.

Envoyez-moi un PM ou un e-mail avec le login et le mot de passe du serveur et un endroit (Paypal ou votre IBAN) où je peux vous rembourser + 2 $ supplémentaires pour une autre session de 4 heures.

-- I translated the English version (below) with Google translate, so if the French is a bit off, it's not my fault :)

Hi @Cool 1962,

First of all thanks for using dollarracing.club -- I'm always happy when someone sees the value in something I built :)

I'm sorry to hear you had a problem and although I think the issue is more due to the game server settings than to my service, I'd be very glad to reimburse you and give you another 4 hours extra too.

The only thing I would like to ask in return is that if you still have access to the server, you send me the login details. I would like to have a look at the server settings and see if I can help you out for next time.

Send me a PM or email with the server login & password and somewhere (Paypal or your IBAN) where I can pay you your money back + an extra $2 for another 4hr session.

7. LaundroMat

LaundroMat Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Update: it seems this was a bug in the game software (see this report). I've updated my servers now too, so this bug won't happen again. I installed a monitor too so that my servers will get updated faster.

8. LaundroMat

LaundroMat Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Update: servers are now available in Europe and South-America (in Sao Paulo, where else? :cool:).

9. LaundroMat

LaundroMat Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Update: servers are now available in North-America too!

10. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Looks nice
    But why not the possibility to pay with Pay-Pal?

11. LaundroMat

LaundroMat Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Thank you :)
    Paypal is a bit harder to integrate with than Stripe, but here you go: now you can pay with PayPal too. Happy racing!

12. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    I try it for an hour and it's simple to handle
    Wil there be some prices for a month, half year, or year in the future?

EDIT, i see the servers (wich i imported from my own dedicated server) but i won't start
    After start server, it keep loading for a while and skip back to the option loading

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  13. LaundroMat

LaundroMat Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Oh, what do you mean? That you can see the server from within the game, but that the game won't start? Can you send me the file that you imported? I'll check then what went wrong.

I'll issue a refund from PayPal.

What do you mean with prices for a month, 6 months, a year? Would you want to have a server that runs all year long? I fear the price will be a bit steep, but I'll look into it and let you know.

Update: I did some testing but nothing out of the ordinary happened. I also didn't get any reports from other players. But I've issued the refund anyway :) Do send me your server config so that I can look into it a bit more.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
  14. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    I write to you tommorow in PM
    Can i write in Dutch?

15. LaundroMat

LaundroMat Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Sure, I was about to propose the same Jos :)

16. LaundroMat

LaundroMat Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
  17. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Great idea, but didn`t work for me. The server wouldn`t go online. I just used all the default server settings as a test.

18. LaundroMat

LaundroMat Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Hi @nickh158 - sorry to hear that! I know what URL your server is at, but I need the login and pw to investigate further. Would you mind sending it to me via a PM?

19. LaundroMat

LaundroMat Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    It should be fixed now :)

20. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0