Released Volkswagen Scirocco Group 2

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Georg Ortner, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Pictures are fine here.

2. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    Weird, I'll upload them somewhere else then ;)

3. geoffers

geoffers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Yes!

Looking forward to getting this car, being an old bugger, its from my era of motorsport. Remember seeing guys like Willi Bergmeister racing these in the TT at Silverstone. Any chance we could get a 70s/80s version of Silverstone one day. :D

• Love it! Love it! x 2
  4. Anthony Monteil

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    Pictures in my posts should be fixed now ;)

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Fantastic! The first car my Dad owned was this generation of Scirocco! I got to shift it and everything. I'll be buying this...

6. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    So is this car the first of the Group 2 and this is a multi-class shot, or is a Porsche going to be re-classified to partner with it?
    [​IMG]

7. Olaf Hülse

Olaf Hülse Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +505 / 0 / -0
    That's the Group 4 Turbo RSR :D They should be able to race around the same laptimes according to the power/weight ratio, but don't hook me up on that :D
    Greetings

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    And while all the Porsche drivers end up dead in the armco a Scirocco takes the victory... :D

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Flintenwilly

Flintenwilly Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    Top Speed 200 for Scirocco and 280 for 934. Don't know but on döttinger, Fuchsröhre, Klostertal (the uphill section) and after Flugplatz the 934 will definitely fly away.

On the small swedish tracks or bilster berg I can imagine the Scirocco can be as fast as the porsche

10. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    Bloody 'ell fellas, you've been saving all the fun for December. :)

More fantastic news.

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  11. Anthony Monteil

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, in DRM, both cars have raced together, but each in their own category (Div.I and Div.II) ;)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Flintenwilly

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    Yes, Div II Up to 1600ccm, Div I all above. And as you mention DRM - DRM experience package, is calling;). Tune the NSU up to TTS Gr. 2 and we have at least 4 of an endless list of awesome cars. I mean adding those classes is playing with our feelings and memories of GT legends, nostalgia hitting hard with these cars:oops:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  13. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Yeah I'm pretty sure NSU gonna get update to Group 2 specs. So hyyyyyyype

• Like Like x 4
  14. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    It is indeed an extremely fun car and I was absolutely thrilled when I heard that it was going to be released in raceroom. Like @S. FREDRIKSSON I had one too back in the day. A '79 1.6 GT not less than 75 breathtaking horsepower and I think around 120Nm torque (As much as you tighten your wheel nuts...) But it was pretty lightweight and acceleration wasn't too bad. I remember reaching 80km/h in 2nd and it topped out at around 160 in 4th. You could only estimate that speed, cause the speedometer needle bounced up and down with every bump... The doors rusted faster than it could drive, that's for sure. But I was extremely proud of this car, because it looked exactly like it came off the assembly line until the end (Replacing the original gear knob with the mandatory Kamei golf ball does not count) That was a rare thing with that car, since at that time it was a typical tuning car and there were extremely few that did not have embarrassing widebody wheel arches, huge spoilers or bad lowered suspension with sawn off springs.
    I bet the Scirocco will find many enthusiastic fans in Raceroom.

Oli

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
  15. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    +1 here!:triumph:

• Like Like x 2
  16. geoffers

geoffers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    It seems, from the number of replies, that there is more interest in the Scirocco than the Audi R8 GT2!!!!

• Like Like x 5
  17. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    That's because, as we say where I come from: Everything was best before.:D

18. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    I actually find both pretty interesting, because it's not the "usual" stuff, we see too often. But yes, the Scirocco is something really special, IMO. :)

19. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    The game may be lacking some of the historic tracks of AC or AMS2 but certainly can't fault the car choices and the quality in them - really looking forward to giving this a go, and to hearing it of course, but really hope it's not going to be a single class car long-term.

Thanks for the tale @Anthony Monteil - always nice to hear the passion behind the project (which we know is not in short supply!) - is the skin from your 1:43 version going to be available?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Flintenwilly

Ratings:
    +115 / 0 / -0
    This is the thrid R8 (with the old one) we have, but the first Scirocco and as far as i remember the first Gr. 2 car in modern sims. Ok, we had, Vintage classes in PC 2 but now we can have it in a mostly bugfree enviroment:D