Q regarding "Engine maps, throttle maps, turbo updates and more"

Discussion in 'Car Information and physics updates' started by pierredietze, Dec 17, 2020.

1. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    - Will we be able to change the engine maps while driving? Or just in the setup menue?
    - Will we be able to change turbo pressure while driving in the cars had this feauture in real life?

2. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    Some Turbo cars, for instance Porsche 934 or Group 5 cars, are really slow off the line on standing starts. Will this be improved? Or please let me know the proper starting procedure!

3. Nir Tal

Nir Tal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Im so happy for this change, as i was complaining about it a lot in the DTM2020 thread
    "Your throttle inputs also have a much more realistic beating on how much power is being delivered - you have more range to play with as it's no longer only effective in the upper echelons of it's travel."

For the questions, 1- I believe we will have. 2- I dont think so, but anyway I dont see how it would be useful, in which scenario you would lower turbo pressure ?

4. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Engine map .... yes it can be adjusted while driving if it was so in the real car
    On Gr. C, for example, you can't do it while riding

5. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    The reason for that behaviour mainly is, that you have no boost built-up when revving in neutral currently. Since the updated turbo logic now acts in a different way, you'll be able to create some boost when maintaining the engine at reasonable high revs before the lights turn green. However, since an engine under load produces more exhaust gases, it will create more boost under load compared to revving in neutral at the same rpm.
    So yes, you should be able to pull off some slightly better starts due to this change after next week's update.

Oli

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Hold your horses, all will be revealed here just keep watching ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. F1mre

F1mre New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Are these changes going to affect force feedback? Should we reset our wheel settings in-game?

8. Alex Hodgkinson

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    No changes specific to the FFB system, so that's not necessary.

• Like Like x 2
  9. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    This sounds like a fantastic update with a boat load of work by the team. It makes it even worse if the seat tilt for triple users doesn't come with the update.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    I don't know...something gives me the impression, that you really wish for a seat tilt option in tripple screen mode in Race Room Racing Experience. I could be mistaken, but i think, i observed some subtle hints?
    thinking-gif-2018-2.gif
    But i think, it's actually a good idea...

Looking forward to the updates. Especially turbo behaviour and torque response curve (with connection to engine map settings) will probably improve a lot of cars, especially in low speed scenarios and maintained cornering...

• Love it! Love it! x 2
  11. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    I have been subtle haven't I :cool:

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    Of course you've been, in each and every post.:p
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  13. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    That's kind of how I feel after every update since first asking. I've not once wanted to be pushy or annoying, just wanting to remind that it's still needed but in as sudtle as possible way. Frustration may have popped up once or twice but only because R3E was so good on the single and me getting triples ruined it for me because of this.

Back on topic, this update really does sound impressive and I hope it comes out as good as it all sounds on paper.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Hendrick

Hendrick Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    Very good info posted by the team before the update and thank you for the hard work during these difficult times. Now to my question, will these engine maps/throttle maps affect fuel usage?

15. Alex Hodgkinson

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    It does say so here (3x actually :p)

16. Hendrick

Hendrick Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    Just saw the post, thank you.

• Like Like x 1