Adaptive AI & the Tool, How-To

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by CheerfullyInsane, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Ron Watmore

Ron Watmore Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Ah OK. I thought the AI times were winning times. That all makes sense and I do agree racing mid pack is great and makes you a better driver. I have been starting last and see how far I can get up to. Very challenging! Thanks again for the detailed explanation and all the work you did in helping make Raceroom the best sim.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jacob Marshall

Jacob Marshall Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Hi, giving this a try, but something seems amiss. So have run 5 races, at 5 tracks (5 laps each) and now have The DTM 2016 in 'Classes' the 5 tracks in Tracks but no AI Times have been generated.

I have run a single race against the AI, no times generated and a subsequent race against the AI at 97%....still no AI Times generated....am I missed something really obvious?

EDIT: Answered my own question, so it needs two races against fixed AI, with 'race 2' 5 levels higher than race 1

Last edited: Nov 22, 2020
  3. Jacob Marshall

Jacob Marshall Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to ask again, everything seems to be working, except Apply AI level; it resets to 80-84.
    Have tried generating a new aiadap xml but no dice; has something changed recently?

4. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    No, it's still working.
    You're not having Raceroom open simultaneously with the Tool, right?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jacob Marshall

Jacob Marshall Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I had done that previously, so generated a new ai-adap file and a fresh instance of the Tool and Seed file; same issue.

The xmls are confirmed read/write, and have tried to run the Tool as admin but no joy.

The AI is adapting when I run it normally, so each race the AI is improving (unlike me) so the mechanics of AAI is fine, but the Tool is giving me gip.

6. Oscar_GT

Oscar_GT Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Great tool It works!
    Just a question, apply modification create a new AI file with Just One race or can I create a kind of own Championship?
    Thanks

7. Monkee

Monkee New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thank you so much for such a valuable tool!
    Just one question, what do you do with the assets.txt ?

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
  8. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    The assets file is no longer used, that was from older version of the software

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Monkee

Monkee New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thank you pixeljetstream.
    I just did a first 5 lap race with the AAI and the tool added an entry for my combo but I don't have any info on the AI level or time (the green box on the OP is empty) so I can't adjust the difficulty for the next part because I don't know where I stand.

Did I forget anything?
    I unziped the software on my HD and placed the based.xml in the seeds folder, is that it?

10. CheerfullyInsane

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    In the folder where you have the Tool, there's a sub-folder called 'results' containing a database.html file.
    That'll list all the combos you've run and at what difficulty.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Monkee

Monkee New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thank you CheerfullyInsane, it works (I had to relaunch the exe before I could see the results, stupid me)!
    This is so great, I can't thank you enough guys! :)

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
  12. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Always great to learn something new about the software one wrote ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Techno909

Techno909 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    i just stumbled across this! this is amazing :) so am i right in saying i should go with level 105 at monza shown in attached picture?

Attached Files:

14. CheerfullyInsane

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Yes, although it also depends somewhat on how consistent you are. If the 1:51 is significantly faster than your average lap, go down a few levels.
    Not a big issue since the AAI will keep adjusting after each race, just something to keep in mind.

15. Techno909

Techno909 Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    thanks mate. Ive just finished adapting AI for 6 tracks so will be doing a multi-class championship shortly

16. Junkie62

Junkie62 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I ran 7 tracks at 90 and 95 AI settings. started in the middle of the pack. I averaged 95-97 AI. Is it better to use the Adaptive AI or just select 96 AI setting ? Great program by the way it is very useful showing me where to start at for now. If I run qualifying laps do they count toward the laps needed to find my skill level?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
  17. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    I have the impression that since Tuesday´s update, the AAI is a little off - it offers too easy races IMO. Does anyone have the same observation? Could it the that the AI levels are still according to the old GT3 BOP, but the newly bopped GT3s are now slower?

18. Divad Coldhourd

Divad Coldhourd New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hi, this is my first time trying to race with the AI, I tried to fire up the tool but I don't have the aiadaptation.xml file.
    How do I generate it? I just need to run a single race?

19. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, you normally can select it when setting up your single race/practice session, hit tab at first line left side AI strength, scroll up/down (???)

20. Nicolas Brouillard

Nicolas Brouillard New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,
    Do I need to race with AI opponents? No AI times were registered in my race sessions...