Released December 2020 update!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Oscar_GT

Oscar_GT Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    ok thanks! yes you can't buy anymore I noticed. Thanks for clear reply.

2. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    sorry but which exe are you referring to?
    upload_2020-12-25_0-35-53.png

3. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Any will do. You could also delete any other of the files in the RaceRoom install folders under steamapps. It's just to make Steam aware that your install needs to be updated. If you do an integrity check Steam will at first see the missing file and in the process SHOULD see that a lot is out of date and SHOULD begin the update process. This worked every time for me back then.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Joel Willstein

Joel Willstein Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I keep on checking my Steam Downloads and the update still isn't there. Am I looking for it in the correct place?
    I've also noticed quite a few posts regarding all sorts of issues with the update which does have me concerned.

I've bought Watkins Glen, Brands Hatch, and two cars which all loaded perfectly, and have no issues with either track or either of the cars.
    Joel

5. Carlos Barros

Carlos Barros Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    Love this game and this update, but please update the chat. I can't read it in yellow, it's too quick to vanish, and we can't recover previous messages. Some of us are in vr, which is not practical to write messages and while we're typing sometimes other messages comes in and soon disapear, which sometimes makes our messages useless.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Rob-olley

Rob-olley Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    For me this remains the best sim of all! Go on like this!! :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. benoityip

benoityip Active Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0
    The new replay does not show the lap time of hotlap. Hope you can improve it.

Also it does not allow multiple delete. I only want to keep hotlap replay.

They are minor things, but it will make the experience better. Thanks

Last edited: Dec 25, 2020
  8. nolive721

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    hello

see my post above, I also have the same problem. I deleted the Exe files as recommended and did an integrity check but the Steam download section showed only a small download size so only the exe were put back. now the weird thing maybe is that I can drive the new tracks and cars so does that mean that the latest update installed without me knowing it??? ala Windows 10 sneaky way?

I never bothered doing so before this update but how do we check what Game build is running on our PC? I cant find this in Steam at all.

maybe I am thinking too much and the update installed and all is fine but its confusing.

also I am playing on Triples with AMD Eyefinity active but since the update, it doesn't work anymore.I am getting 3 single duplicated screen and no Option in Video settings to change from 1920x1080 to 5760x1080 resolution as it used to be.

Edit fixed the triple screen issue looking at another thread showing why it was happening

Last edited: Dec 25, 2020
  9. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the great update
    I'm sure the little problems wil fixed fast
    Is it an idea (if possible Of course) to rejoin during the race and warm up time as an option in the dedicated server.
    And Maybe to set fixed setup to car classes apart ifor example in multiclass events, to make the BOP pro classes more interresting if one class May tune an another not

10. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Take a look here.

The "Client version" should show up on the bottom left of the start screen:

20201225075604_1.jpg

If you have the same number there everything should be up to date. Maybe you let your PC running unattended and Steam downloaded the update during this time?

• Like Like x 1
  11. nolive721

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    thanks. that's what happened, the update installed without me knowing because the Client version on my machine is matching the one form this update. Really 1st time this occurred, I had always to confirm the download in Steam before it physically installs. strange but anyway, up for trying then the new tyre model etc over the weekend
    thanks again for clarifying this for me

12. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    Ok, so the clutch and the turbo cars and the tyres all feel even better now. Always a chance that some of it is placebo, when we can't compare it side-by-side with the old version, but everything feels so much more responsive and real. Very nice.

13. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    It's not placebo, no worries. I was driving the pre-update GT3-R at Bathurst in Default Setup and then later the same car with default, when the update happened. Before the update, i lost it at Skyline...several times.
    After the update. I survived several laps, without even spinning, when it was sliding in a dangerous angle at T3 :D

And the Zakspeed Capri now goes sideways at Druids at Brands with cold tyres, without initiating the big ded.

What ever exactly the reason is behind all that, it's definetly there.^^

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Yes, some cars seem to be better than others with tyre model 4.1. The Greenwood is still a motorised coffin and the other group 5s are still a handful but on throttle there is a bigger window in which to catch slides.

The DTM 92s are awesome again and it is really possible to throw them into corners and do some nice slides.

The Gt3s are also better on corner entry and that unpredictable handling seems to have gone, at least on the ones I have tried.

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  15. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    uecx0uuxkud51.png

• Funny Funny x 2
  16. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    High default preload+sensitive throttle in early stages is a killer :D

17. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    The greenwood (and all older cars) should have an S shaped throttle curve baked in now. But f*** me, I still can't drive that thing, tbh getting out of pit lane in a struggle. Huge kudos to anyone who can lap with that car

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Defender

Defender New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I bought the premium pack on December 1st and an still having a problem with not owning 16 different liveries for cars when I should own every single bit of content up until that time. Kitsune is telling me he's looking into it, but the last e-mail I got from him was on 14 December. Because of this, and until this gets resolved, I WILL NOT be purchasing any further content. This is not how these types of transactions should work at all. Here it is 27 days later from when I made a purchase and I STILL am missing pieces of content that I purchased.

Not happy thus far, Defender

P.S. It's a fantastic racing sim, I'm just really starting to get upset with this customer service thus far.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Hi, and sorry to hear that you're among those affected by that bug.

As far as I know this is a different issue from what I was talking about up in the quoted post.
    I've forwarded all reports similar to yours (i.e. some liveries missing after purchasing a pack in November or early December) to the programmer in charge and my latest status on it is that he identified the cause of the issue and is deploying a global fix for it, so no other user will run into the same problem later on. However, that means the fix has to be applied to all user accounts, which takes quite a bit of time.

Sadly I cannot give you an ETA of when that process will be finished. I understand that this is a bit disappointing but I want to reassure you that we're aware of the problem and that it will be resolved and everyone receives the content they've paid for.

(If you want to make extra sure and in case you haven't already, dm me your account link here or on discord.)

Best regards
    Christian

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
  20. Ron Rupik

Ron Rupik New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I agree. And moreover, I can't find my comments, which I added to the couple of my replays + missing info, which race was offline and which was a multiplayer race. To be honest, from my point of view, there is a lot fewer information in this new replay menu then in the previous version. Could you please return at least the option to add comments to replays back?? Or am I missing something, is this option still there?

• Like Like x 1