Released December 2020 update!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Dec 22, 2020.

1. Popo28

Popo28 New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    After this Update I cannot leave any race in VR. I had to restart Windows.
    Another bug is: Yesterday we drove on Bilsterberg with Scirocco, and every time we enter the box stop for tires, we got a tempo penalty, altough using the pit limiter at the right places.

2. BlueG6o

BlueG6o Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Update is great, but i can´t get heat in my 2016 TT Tyres. Since the Update the car is uncontrollable. Tried it in Zandvoort and on the Nürburgring a couple of rounds, but the only Tyre which is getting near the 80° is the front left. All other tyres are between 40 an 60° wich is so cold that my back is breaking out in every faster curve.

After trying Leaderboard Challenge where the tyres are fixed to 85, the car is the same as before updating.
    I´ve tried so many settings, from lowering pressure over changing angles...nothing helped me. And it is only the TT, other cars i´ve tested like GT3, Scirocco, GTO everything works fine.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2020
  3. Seik

Seik New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Same here, esp. the rear tyres of the TT are extremly cold and never get out of the blue index. Even beside the TT I find it really hard to bring all 4 tyres into the correct temperaure window.

4. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Rear tyres on those cars will never heat up, they don't do anything apart from hold the back of the car up. I'll test the front heating when I can but the car drove fine last time I was in it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. BlueG6o

BlueG6o Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I totally agree and know that the rear tyres won't heat up as the front ones, but this instability and complete blue tyres are not normal. Try it and tell us what u think, maybe your last ride was before the update.

6. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    No I did a ranked (unranked) race the other day at zandvoort. It was fine. The rear got loose in the high speed right hand bend but only the expected lift off oversteer effect. Generally speaking car was good.

7. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    With that car it's quite important to have TC off, as when the rear does start to move you need to go full gas to pull it straight, typical FWD. If you have TC taking your control away you can't do that.

8. BlueG6o

BlueG6o Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Exactly this corner is the Problem, before the update I could go 6th. gear up the hill inside the little right, and then brake hard to get in the hard right. Now if I´m not driving in 5th gear the rear slides away and I´m turning around. And I think this must be the reason that the rear tires are only 40 degrees "warm".

9. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Forget before the update. The tyres were far too grippy and the car was on old physics. Now it's at the same level of development as the TCR cars and it behaves as it should. Change your driving style to match the car. It's the same for everyone. As I said the rear tyres are not expected to heat up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. BlueG6o

BlueG6o Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    After a hint from someone on Facebook I´ve just tried to start the game wie "-webmenu" and the car goes like before, the tires in Boxmenu are still the same temperatures as before, but the grip is the same as before the update.

I can't tell you what the one thing has to do with the other, but it is real. I´ll try another round later without -webmenu

P.S. Sorry, but changing my "style to drive" is here no solution, there are other people around there with the same problem. Sorry, I´m no Pro Racer, but I´m driving the TT for such a long time that I can say THIS is not normal and not the way it should be.

11. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Just tested at Zandvoort with default setup, after 3 laps LF was at 81 and RF at 70. So no issues with tyre heating there. Make sure you are not using an old setup or it could be way off, always start from default after a major physics change.

12. BlueG6o

BlueG6o Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Like i‘ve said a post above. After starting with -webmenu it works and the cars behavior is like expected and like it should. Btw. The TCR Cars are similar to the TT now.

The Temps. in Front are nearly the same as yours. To reset all settings was the first thing i‘ve tried yesterday but didn’t help.

I can‘t explain it but it is like i‘ve told.

13. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Starting with webmenu makes no difference to the physics or the setups, its just a menu. Enjoy the car.

14. BlueG6o

BlueG6o Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Like i told before... I KNOW THIS and i know that this makes no sense, but there are some more with the same Problem on Facebook and maybe it will help them. I‘ll give it a try without the -webmenu.

15. David Slute

David Slute Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    Placebo is a hell of a drug :)

I've done several races In the Audi TT, one of my favorite cars in the service.
    I've tried with and without the -webmenu and there is no difference for me.
    Alex did say the optimal tire temp is 75c to 90c, he also mentioned that with -webmenu enabled, the colour coding for tire temps in the menus isint fully functioning properly atm.

How are tire temps measured now?
    I believe before they were the tires air temp or rim temp?
    Most sims I believe use the tire carcass surface which would or should make the tire temps higher.

16. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    If there are more than one report of the webmenu influencing car behaviour, it should be a reason, to look into it, no? (not today of course :D)

A new menu will not change physics, but it can influence sliders and ranges. (Even with the situation, that the setup menu is already running on the web-based foundation, which makes the whole deal strange).

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2020
  17. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I'll look into it, but as you say the setup has been in web for a long time now with no issues, so it's unlikely to affect the setup at this stage. The recommended UI is the old UI at the moment, I tested the car on that with the default setup and found it to be fine. The guy seems to want the car to feel like it did before it got its physics update, which it never will, for obvious reasons. The car is basically the same chassis as the golf and Audi TCR with less downforce, less grip from the tyres and less sofisticated suspension and less power. In that respect it should and does feel like a mini TCR car rather than the old version which never really lost grip during cornering, it was fundamentally flawed, hence the need for an update.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. bigkevracer

bigkevracer Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    They do go round and round which causes friction ,which causes heat.

19. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Not really, load and slip is what causes heat, for then to heat up significantly they have to be actually doing something, which really they aren't.

20. BlueG6o

BlueG6o Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Good morning, after restarting the game without the -webmenu today the car ran fine as always. Did a short race on Zandvoort right now and everything's fine. I can´t explain what's wrong the last 2 days, but it was not normal.

So have a nice day and a happy new year. :)

• Informative Informative x 1