Problem Cars rolling Brands hatch

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by David Slute, Jan 9, 2021.

1. David Slute

David Slute Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    Just did a race on the ranked server and watched several cars rollover, including myself....this is the third time I've had a car do a slow roll exiting Druids.

EDIT: I should mention I saw 2 cars roll going through Paddock hill as well

this has only happened to me in fwd cars
    2019 audi RS3
    VW scirroco

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
  2. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    You can pretty much flip every car there, when going over those massive semi-sphere bumps that lurk along the inner curb.

Oli

3. David Slute

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    I just watched the 2020 BTCC race th and those massive semi-spheres are not that massive or are no longer there.
    At least nothing like in the game.

What year is Racerooms track modeled after?
    I also wasnt able to find any cars rolling over in druids while searching the web. Most crashes involved collisions

BTCC 2020, Round 9, Brands Hatch, Race 1 (Round 25) - Bing video
    25:35 & 26:23 has some in car footage going through druids

these photos I believe are from 2019/2020
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
  4. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    To be fair, when you're doing it for real and there's both a health and monetary cost for rolling your car, you're going to be a lot more careful through there than a sim racer with nothing to lose. Also, the rolling risk may be the reason those bumps are no longer present on the real track. ;)

5. David Slute

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    2 out of my 3 rolls have happened doing under 70 km while following several other cars within the first 2 laps of the race.
    To me, the vehicle's center of gravity is off or those curbs modeling are much larger than they appear.
    I've also never rolled a car there until the GP version was released?
    One of my rolls was in the slow VW in our RD race opening lap of race starting near the back where I was going way slower.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
  6. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    It seems as if they didn't remove them @Goffik At least they do look pretty much like in the game, judging by this video from 2020. But like you mentioned: I would definitely avoid contact with those in real life, and I try to do the same in the game.
    @David Slute I really don't think, the center of gravity is off on some cars. I suspect it's more related to how their high speed damping behaves over curbs or sudden bumps.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Oli

• Like Like x 2
  7. David Slute

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    thats a good picture, thank you!.
    it seems when you hit one, the car just lifts off and is completely unstoppable.
    Don't get me wrong, as I wouldn't want to hit one rl but I wouldn't expect that to roll a car either....at most rip off your front wing and damage the suspension.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2021
  8. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    I rolled in the same race at the same corner, end of the second race. The difference between that lap and all those before it was that I turned in a bit too early and took too much curb, putting me square on those bumps. It's a slow corner sure, but it's tight and follows a fast straight so all the weight is on the outside. I would imagine a heavy bump on the inside wheels probably would launch it enough to roll. I wasn't surprised I rolled, but that's just my take on it.

9. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    This thread might also explain why my BMW M4 GT4 suspension has only been lasting 8 laps at BHGP! :D I had no idea the curbs were so lethal.

10. David Slute

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    I am no physics expert by any means and not trying to argue lol :)

Personally, I feel looking at some of the pictures above seeing that the banking rises a bit to the outside of the track the outside suspension would be loaded pushing back to the inside. Being race cars, would already have very stiff suspension and a low center of gravity.
    I just find it odd that I've raced that track a million times in different cars and sims, even rear ended while on that inside curb and have never rolled there until the latest build.

Just my .02