Simagic M10

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gazza, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Gazza

Gazza Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I received my Simagic M10 today, Base only, it was easy to setup for Iracing (there are a couple of YouTube video to watch for this), Racerooms is proving more difficult:) firstly the Base does not change wheel rotation to match the car, I set it up to 900 and have a custom rotation set in the menu which helped.
    The main problem I am having initially is that the cars I use I had setup with custom wheel force per car and this used to give me a fairly even feel with each car without changing the force feedback using a Thrustmaster TS-PC, now there appears to be quite a difference in force from car to car?
    What does not help is as soon as you change any setting for the forcefeedback you lose some feedback settings including kerb effects.
    Anyone using this wheel Base and have good wheel settings?
    I am at the moment using the same Base settings as Iracing, unsure if thus is the best way forward.

2. actarusss

actarusss New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I use Simagic M10 and no the wheel doesn't change the rotation in game.
    You need to have multiples settings in race manager, I use all the same ffb (70) and speed (15) and all the others sliders at zero with different rotation (360, 450, 486, 540 and 720)
    so when I'm in the car setup page in game I saw what rotation the car use, the I choose the good one in race manager.
    A Little anoying at first but its the only way I found.
    For the difference of ffb in game I use 4 base settings, one for traction cars, one for DTM, one for old cars and one for GTs cars.
    P.s Excuse my poor english

3. Gazza

Gazza Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the reply, your English is good:)
    Yes I have set up a setup for each game, not too much of a problem, I will try your settings tomorrow, Racerooms seems a little different from the other games, it’s all trial and error to get to the settings that suit each individual:)

4. actarusss

actarusss New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    It is really painfull settings a new wheel on all Games and some game like Raceroom needs a lot of time of settings, but when you reach the perfect setting for you, the game ffb is great.
    I wasn't clear I think, you'll need a setup for each game yes, but you will need many setup (différent rotations) just for Raceroom.
    Tell me if you want my in game settings.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Gazza

Gazza Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Yes I would be interested in your game settings.

6. actarusss

actarusss New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    What kind of cars did you drive the most, I will gave you the settings.

7. Gazza

Gazza Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I use all types of cars:) GT3, LMP, 90s open wheel and especially the Group C.
    I will use most but not front wheel drive.

8. actarusss

actarusss New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Ok try this for starting point for the group C and the old cars (DTM 92)
    My UI is on french so I will just tell you the numbers on the force feedback tab
    First one is force feedback intensity
    NEW UI ORDER
    3 (minimum)
    65 (vertical)
    60 (lateral ffb)
    The Effects ( as you like)

For GTs car :
    Effects

Maybe you will not love them like this but I think it is a good starting point to find your own.

9. Gazza

Gazza Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Hi thanks I have tried your Base settings, the wheel speed adds to the weight, I keep going back and forth.
    I have not tried your in game settings yet.
    I still don't get much detail, yes if I go over a kerb or a rumble strip I do but I don't get much detail from the road surface, which I thought I would from the direct drive?
    It stopped working yesterday, I have no idea why, I raced in RR3 and was going to race in RF2, no force feedback, all the Base settings worked other than total force, you can't uninstall Race manager and reinstall it, in fact I could not find Simagic on my system, in the end I redownloaded Race manager and uninstalled the USB game controller device, and game profiles, it started working again, strange.

10. actarusss

actarusss New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    It is strange, I've got mine since almost 3 months and I never had any problems with the wheel or Race manager. Works flawless.

For the road surface Raceroom is a Little weak I tough, compare to AMS 2, where you feel every thing from the surface of the road.

But try my in game settings you will feel more road surface and a better general feeling of the cars.

11. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Road feel isn't really there in the game on any wheel as the track surface isn't detailed enough (and most other games vastly exaggerate this anyway, or even add it as a fake effect, racetracks are typically very very smooth). Nords and Bathurst are the bumpiest tracks in RR.

What I have been doing on a lower end wheel is adding some canned vibration effect. I know @Hervé45 has done the same on his simucube wheel. You have to manually edit some lines in the control file to enable this and it's very much trial and error to find something that works for you.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  12. Gazza

Gazza Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Yes, my pc is very stable, so just some kinda glitch I hope.
    I will try your settings:)
    Thanks for your help.

13. Gazza

Gazza Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for your reply, I don’t mind canned effects personally, they can give more immersion, I am never going to be the fastest with or without effects so may as well enjoy it:)
    Yes RF2 with a Group C car at Sebring is epic, really enjoy it.
    I will have a look at that thread.

14. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Road feel For my simucube 1
    FFB steer vibe freq mult="0.7" // Controls frequency of steering vibration. Recommended: 0.5 to 1.0, 0.0 disables steering vibration.
    FFB steer vibe zero magnitude="0.005" // Magnitude of steering vibration at 0mph (reference point).
    FFB steer vibe slope="0.2" // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB steer vibe zero magnitude).
    FFB steer vibe wave type="0" // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. actarusss

actarusss New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Thank you , I will try it.

16. Zhenya

Zhenya New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    The same story is with me for accuforc. the default profile is not playable at all and has to be edited as described by the person above. I took a long time to do this but now I am very pleased with the result.

17. Gazza

Gazza Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    I have played with the settings, it has not really improved the feel for this wheel, the zero magnitude if increased does add extra texture but it appears to be just a repetitive vibration with this wheel base, I will have another go at some point,
    If I increase the vertical force I do get some road texture and bumps, but not a lot, unless I ramp it up but then the wheel just gets heavy.
    Strangely I found that if increase the overall filter on the wheel base I get a small amount from texture, I get the same perceived amount with 10% and 100 percent so left it at 10.
    I don’t know why they don’t just add a canned effect, use it if you want don’t if you don’t like it, I have struggled since the FFB was changed a year or so ago, it always has felt a bit numb to me since then but put it down to the old wheel base:(
    It would be easy to put it down to the base but other Sims feel great and the kerbs in RR3 are also very good.

18. actarusss

actarusss New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I also try the road feel change un the Simagic file, a little change subtil.

I will try 10% overall Filter on race manager.

Yes the road texture is weak but the physics and the rest of the FFB are great , and the general immersion of the game is perfect.

19. Gazza

Gazza Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    It turns out I just had the vertical and lateral settings too high, I guess I was just over saturating the ffb with these settings, both around 40, still tinkering:)

20. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    The steer vibe is the canned effect. It used to be available via the game menu but was removed a long time ago now. Road texture isn't really a thing that is felt in the wheel, it's an effect that's added on other games too. My personal recommendation is to get yourself some bass shakers. I have one under the seat and one under the wheelbase. Brings all the road vibrations through from the suspension telemetry output. Feels fantastic.