Telemetry SecondMonitor (Timing & status App)

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Winzarten, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Currently not, only the players lap get recorded.
    In there is a plan to be also able to record competitors laps, but only limited set of parameters will be available for those, as detailed information is only available for the player in sims shared data.

2. TinMan

TinMan New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hi, I have found out why SM wasn't registering some of my race sessions for championship progress. ACC tracks have different number of pits, mostly around 30 but Zandvoort and Hungaroring are limited to 25 and 27 pits. Since I chose to run my championship with 27 AI cars, I was over the limit for those 2 tracks and the game lowered the AI count. This causd SM to ignore sessions with less competitors than requested in championship setup. So not a problem of SM but certainly an ACC quirk.
    Regards, Jure

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. TinMan

TinMan New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Hi, Winzarten!
    Since my last post I've been trying to run an ACC custom championship using SM, generally with little luck. SM doesn't pick up the session or register the results reliably, even if event starting window pops up at the start of a race, and when considering the maximum numer of pits per track. Regarding save games, SM doesn't pick up any saved sessions until a session restart, when the session is (most of the times, but not always) picked up as championship valid (event starting window, blank white with no data shown, is that OK?).

Last race I did was resumed from a save game, race restarted for SM to pick it up, event starting window popped up (blank). At the end of the race (which I finished at the front), I did a complete cooldown lap and returned to pits, all AI cars were across the finish line. After that I quit the session, exited ACC and went to SM to check results, but nothing happened. It remained stuck for a couple of minures at event starting window (still blank with no data), so I closed SM completely. When restarted, SM championship status showed that I finished last and asked if I wanted to DNF the race.

Please let me know where to look for the SM logs you mentioned before so I can post them here. I was looking inside My Docs folder but could not find any?

EDIT: went looking into championship.xlm where I found an indicator ChampionshipState="LastSessionCanceled"

Thanks for any help and regards, Jure

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
  4. Dillan Tan

Dillan Tan New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

Could anyone advise how does SM works on ACC?

My SM is not reading any data while i was playing Single player mode.

5. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    @TinMan
    I need to take a closer look on Custom Championships behavior with ACC + save/resume game. It is very high on my list. The complication right now is that I've been sick with covid since before christmas. While I'm getting better, I'm still not good enough to code ;)
    Also I had to prematurely move to a new flat, where I've also planned a new simrig, which is not completed yet, and with the country on lockdown it may take some time untill I'm able to simrace again, thus develop the app again ;)
    But ACC improvements are one of the first things I want to have a look at then ;)

@Dillan Tan
    Assetto Corsa Competizione - Requires that the broadcast server of ACC is enabled. Follow the PRELIMINARY STEPS in the following link https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/accdirector-v1-0-0-broadcast-client.57202/

6. TinMan

TinMan New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    @Winzarten I wish you a good recovery, settling into a new place and a quick return to simracing!
    Regards, Jure

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ludo Vic

Ludo Vic New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hello, can we display the relative times, with the cars in front and behind during a race?
    thank you

Edit : I had not tested the application in race mode ... sorry, in fact it works very well, great job!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
  8. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    I've had a quick look on the saved game resume functionality + championships. I've found one issue when the application would sometimes crash after resume, if a championship was running previously (which I fixed). But other than that, it looks to be working on my machine.

After resume the application will initialize after the pause menu is closed (with "drive"), this is because ACC doesn't send any data in the pause menu.

I will play ACC more, also with custom championships to see if I spot more of the issues you mentioned.
    Also, those logs, you mentioned previously, could be helpfull. So next time something weird happend please upload the log. There is a button in the settings that will open the log directory :)

Last edited: Jan 16, 2021
  9. Amir Meshulam

Amir Meshulam New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Get well! It's a great piece of software!

10. MrWild

MrWild New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hello, dear Matus "Winzarten" Celko!

First of all. I`d like to thank you for your hard work. Your app is wonderful! I use it with Raceroom to develop some setup improvements and realtime monitoring. It reminded me sweet moment of wondering when I opened MoTeC for the first time to see GTR 2 telemetry about 10 years ago. And of course realtime MoTeC HUD plug-ins )

I use both Second monitor and Telemetry viewer apps. Second monitor seems to be really debugged already thanks to community and your efforts)
    Found couple of minor and major issues in Telemetry viewer. I`d like to inform and help to improve quality even more:
    1. Aggregated chart "Suspension Velocity Hystogram" (Minor)
    Refresh and Reset buttons don`t do anything. If I need to change parameter (range or transition velocity) I have to re-open the chart

2. Aggregated chart label (Minor)
    "Camper / Lateral Acceleration" instead of "Camber / Lateral Acceleration"

3. Charts workspace area (Critical)
    If to change "X Axis Quantity" in Telemetry Settings window to "LapTime" instead of "LapDistance". The carret doesn`t work properly. It`s impossible to place it anywhere on chart with left click

4. Chart workspace area (Major)
    After some continuous manipulations with charts (zooming, paning, caret moving) I noticed it`s becoming impossible to reset the chart view. None with "Home" button or double middle mouse click. Scenario is:
    - Zooming any chart in Charts Workspace Area
    - Paning or zooming another chart inside the same worksheet
    After this you can`t reset charts view to initial state

5. Map area (Major)
    "Shift Points" doesn`t show on the track map when checked

Functonality features request
    1. Ability to check/uncheck colored legend elements on scatterplots. Sometimes it`s really hard to interprete points clouds due to its colored data overload. For example sometimes I need to see only 1G front/rear roll angle or only rear suspension travel and ability to enable/disable another data points would be very useful
    2. Ability to show only selected on track map datapoints area instead of making them bigger on scatterplots. Would be very useful with Traction Circle chart for example. Removing informational noise from points cloud.

I wish you the best ) App is already very functional and effective. It`s fantastic. I`am shure that your collaboration with Sector3 developers and their help will soon push it even further. I think It should become official Raceroom telemetry app in time as "Atlas" in iRacing not without reasonable profit for developer I shoud mention )

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
  11. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Thank you very much for the throughout report, I will definitely have a look on these ;)
    Also the features looks to be fairly straightforward to implement

12. MrWild

MrWild New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Great ) Also I`d like to ask. Maybe you need some help with your Wiki?

13. Glovepup

Glovepup New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Any idea if this is a false positive? @Winzarten

2ndmon.png

14. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    100% it is a safe positive. The best you can do is to report it to malware bytes. I've would have done it myself, but they usually require both application and virus signatures version ;)

Sure, if you have correction to some pages, or would have ideas for missing pages, I would be more than glad for the help ;)

15. MrWild

MrWild New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Wrote you in conversations

• Like Like x 1
  16. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Hi Winzarten,

I just discovered your fantastic tool, good job it works really great o_O

Little questions after using it :
    Can it be possible to have a time display (the actual hour) ?
    Is there a way to tweak the timing grid ? mostly the columns order ? I'd like to have a different column order .I use a right mounted second monitor and everything close to the right edge of the second monitor is harder to read during a race .. and that's were the Gap column is, for example. I'd like to have it more on the left side :)

Thanks for your great work :)

17. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    I'm glad you're liking it.
    Time is already there, little bit small though, at the very bottom right of the toolbar.

It is currently not possible to reorder the collumns, but it is on the todo list ;)

18. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    :rolleyes: oh, ok didn't saw the time at the bottom, my bad :oops:

Well now I hope the todolist it not too long :p

19. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    New version is out, the focus is still mainly on fixing ACC. It also contains fixes for the previously reported telemetry viewer bugs. The feature request in telemetry viewer is something I plan to work on now :)

Main Application:

• ACC: In Race, cars stopped in pits for more than 2 minutes will be considered DNF, until they start moving again. This is a workaround of ACCs lack of cars DNF information in provided data.
    • Fix: Futher stability improvement when application used in spectator mode.
    • Fix ACC: Sector 3 not being sometimes timed correctly fixed.
    Telemetry Viewer:
    • Shift Points: Reworked shift points on map to show the gear shifting to.
    • Fix: Refreshing stand-alone aggregated chart should (again) work.
    • Fix: When chart use Time as X-Axis, selection not working is fixed.
    • Fix: Reset of line charts when more charts are panned not working properly fixed.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Michael L

Michael L Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I just tried SM and it's truly awesome! I'm a software engineer by trade (in a different discipline) and SM is truly a beautiful piece of work! Thank you @Winzarten ! However, I read the wiki and I know we have to enter the correct car settings for SM to compute correctly. I have no clue how to enter them as the car setup parameters for each car in raceroom are mostly in clicks.
    Does anyone already have the car settings for SM want to share?

Thank you!

• Love it! Love it! x 1