News (beta) Multiplayer Rankings

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Those are the time attack ranks that have nothing to do with ranked multiplayer races. For more info you can read the first post in this thread: https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/time-attack-ranking.12130/

• Like Like x 1
  2. CaptainCoffee

CaptainCoffee Esports Manager Beta tester

Ratings:
    +196 / 0 / -0
    What @le_poilu said is correct.

The leaderboard ranks are based on your position in competitions and multiplayer rankings are based on ranked races

-- oops, probably should've refreshed before i hit post after a long time, didn't see @Nico Kunze responded already

• Like Like x 1
  3. vrjo

vrjo New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Thanks to all three of you! I learned something new :).

4. NicoCL68

NicoCL68 Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Time to add some variety to ranked races. RR needs to introduce some medium lenght races (about 45 min) more off the current supersprint 15 minutes races. And would be very interesting to have minichamps as RF2 is doing.

In my opinion RR is the best in car feeling sim but is far away from others in competition organization.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. fauster

fauster Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Yes, you are right. It will be great to have more variety on lenght races and champs. I think that Sector 3 is working hard to create them for us ;).

6. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Starting to wonder how the gains/losses of reputation are calculated. How come two players with near enough identical reputation can both go and drive a 15 minute 0 incident race and the more experienced driver (the one whos done more ranked races) gains more reputation afterwards? Thought itd get harder to gain/lose a lot the more races youve done so im wondering what other factors there are. Does the number of players in a race play a role, is the rating based on something like corners or laps per incident and hence driving 15 minutes on say knutstorp or bh indy will count more than 15 minutes at monza, is it something even more complicated or am i starting to get too creative and the answer is much simpler? :D
    Ps: the final sentence makes me feel like walter koster :D :D

7. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    The number of players plays a roll for sure. More players and you get much more point of a good race. Proof? If you race all alone on a server (what i did) you gain nothing.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, good to know :)
    (Although of course being alone is a special case that could still work differently than "normal" races)
    Edit: actually after looking at some more results i wouldnt really think the number of players has any effect (other than when racing alone of course)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2021
  9. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    number of players has no bearing on reputation, only rating. Racing alone is indeed a special case. There you cant gain or lose anything at all. Reputation is concerned with incidents per corner/lap (i'm not privy to the actual formula used, that's dev knowledge only) so you can have a 4x on the first lap for example but if you drive the rest of the race clean you will likely see a rep rise.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for confirming :)
    Well personally i cant but for many players it is possible :D

11. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Well yes it depends on your current reputation. If its very high that shows a long term average of low inc points so even collecting a few will result in a small drop. I'm at about 95 myself so I know what you mean. Don't get too bothered about the actual number. Above 90 is exceptionally good anyway so a point here or there doesn't matter.

12. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Technically true but i still wanna get it as high as i can :D

13. NicoCL68

NicoCL68 Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    More of medium lenght races as I asked for before, we need open, shared, practice sessions. This is one of the key sucesss factor in iRacing. The fact of having the possibility to compare your times, racelines, everything with your presumed rivals is much more satisfiying and informative than training by yourself.

Even training with your league mates on a private server is less interesting because you lack information about who will be your rivals in the competition.

Organizing practice-only sessions on ranked servers, with the same race combinations would be very easy for Sector3 and would increase interest.

I think that RaceRoom has better feelings than iRacing, but the competition organization fails. There is a big chance to improve.

14. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Next question :D
    Should it ever be possible to lose rating when winning a race?

15. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    I doubt it , as far as i understand the formula calculates your finishing posistion based on the drivers around you ..... before the race starts
    But the higher up the food chain you are effects the points gained ...

So if you were number 1 in the rankings and you raced against a field of rookies let say 7000-8000 place in the rankings , your gain would be minimalist if any , im not sure if its possible to get negative points for a win ...

Andi

16. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I don't think so. But if you have evidence of that happening please let us know.

17. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    As if you read my mind ;) :D
    Taken from the current no 1 ranked player

Attached Files:

18. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    Like i said , i guess the field here gave a negative coef , they just werent good enough , or the game calculated he needed to lap the field

Andi

19. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    Definitely a possibility but still seems odd to me. So far i assumed that positions are the only thing that goes into the rating rather than margins to other people around. And if only positions count then all the game couldve expected him to do is win which is exactly what he did but then why would he lose rating..

20. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    As i understand the higher up the food chain you get , you gain less and lose more , ill ask but im ptetty sure thats the cause

But as always the possibility that i am wrong is always high due to many factors

Andi

• Funny Funny x 1