HUD OtterHud - A custom WebHud - With additional features

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by OtterNas3, May 7, 2019.

1. KoenigseggRS

KoenigseggRS New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Ah, I see. Thanks for the info!

2. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    That isn't new. That was the first webHUD ever released for R3E, an example version made by S3. It pales in comparison to OtterHUD as it's been expanded and improved on in nearly every way. To be honest, I don't think there are any other webHUDs that are worth using... OtterHUD does everything and looks great, so not many other people have bothered trying to create one! There were a couple of others initially, but they haven't been supported by the authors for a long time.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ROBERTO GIL

ROBERTO GIL New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    For a while now, when entering the warm-up time, the whole hud starts flashing and does not let me do anything. Do I have to change or configure something? Thanks.

4. Monkee

Monkee New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I'm really glad I discovered Otterhud, what a better hud than the limited vanilla one! :)
    Sorry if it was asked before but I couldn't find an answer: is there a way to display cockpit operated actions like brake bias and traction control changes in-race? Thanks a lot!

5. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Yes, but not through OtterHUD. You need to enable the in-game messages, which will show TC/ABS changes, invalid lap messages, penalty warnings, etc. If memory serves, it's "In Game Overlays: Essential Only", under HUD settings.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Monkee

Monkee New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Alright I will do that, thanks!

7. Smiley

Smiley New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Apologies if this has been asked in this thread already, but I am encountering the attached error when I try to launch the dash.exe file to run the otterHUD. It was up and running fine for the past few days and tonight, but then it disappeared. When I relaunched the dash.exe, I received the attached error and continue to receive it upon launching dash.exe. I am launching it from the same location that I have been, so it doesn't seem to be a file location problem. I am running the dash.exe from the unsipped dash.zip folder (https://otterhud.github.io/dash.zip) on my desktop and I have the steam launch options for race room set to use "-webdev -webHudUrl=https://otterhud.github.io/". I also tried the CrewChief option where I "Enable Web-Hud integration (R3E only) (boolean)" in the properties, but I have never seen the custom otterHUD using this method (only the dash.exe file method).

Has anyone else encountered this issue? If so, what workarounds have you found?

Attached Files:

8. ROBERTO GIL

ROBERTO GIL New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Nobody is taking care of these Hud. For a while now, when entering the warm-up time, the whole hud starts flashing and does not let me do anything. Do I have to change or configure something? Thanks.

9. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    It seems to be working fine for 99% of people, so the problem is more likely your end and not the HUD itself.

10. ROBERTO GIL

ROBERTO GIL New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Ok, at least with these answer I can try to find a solution by myself. Thanks a lot

11. ROBERTO GIL

ROBERTO GIL New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Is there a suggestion box or something similar to transfer any improvement idea

12. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    The guy who built the app is no longer developing it unfortunately so it is what it is for now.

13. Smiley

Smiley New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    *UPDATE* Figured out what it was. I had forgotten that I had selected "enable chart telemetry in race session (boolean)" in crew chief. Turns out, that breaks the otterHUD if it is enabled. Simply unchecking the option and relaunching dash.exe worked with no issues.

Loving this HUD guys, it is by far my favorite of any sim. Excellent work!

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Good stuff. Thanks for coming back to post the fix! So many people asking for help these days never bother to when they find a solution. :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  15. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    so the "new" webhud is dead?

16. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Nope. It works just fine and has more features than you can shake a stick at. It offers more than the average racer will ever really need and is far superior to the HUD included in the base game. OtterNas did a fantastic job, for free, in his own time.

If you'd like a HUD which does even more, then feel free to start developing your own version in your free time instead. Then you can deal with the constant requests to add this and that from every man and his dog. :)

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
  17. Ricardo Soares

Ricardo Soares Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I think it's not too. Works well.

In time: I sent Mr. Otternas a sample of Brazilian Portuguese translation. Hope he considers the PT-BR too.

Attachment follows.

. Webhud sample.png

Regards.

18. Ricardo Soares

Ricardo Soares Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Didn't know that. :(

19. Brandaopj

Brandaopj New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    does this works with VR?

20. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Absolutely, I've been using it for 1.5 years now.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1