Telemetry SecondMonitor (Timing & status App)

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Winzarten, Oct 26, 2017.

1. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    @Winzarten just so you know, Motec is free to download and use. Back in the days of race07 and gtr2 those games used to spit out a report that was compatible with motec out of the box.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dorian Bart

Dorian Bart New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Ah okay yea fair enough :) Is exporting in csv an option or maybe an option for the future?

3. Dorian Bart

Dorian Bart New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  4. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Heh, didn't know that :D I will have a look then :)

5. L3g0

L3g0 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    hi, i updated second monitor to latest version but it seems that its not working for me anymore within ACC. i noticed that the broadcast server application did not recognizes ACC to be running. It quickly toggles from none to ACC on start but only for a second that it toggles back to None. The Timing UI goes to ACC but when i close the game it deos not toggle back.
    I changed the port from 9000 to 9010 to exclude that sth. else is running there but same behaviour. i reverted back to 9000.
    I knew that i had been using Second monitor previously with success.

i checked on the udp traffic but there is not much more then -> see udp.jpg
    downloaded race director, it can connect with the same datas, pws and port.

maybe someone can help me to get this back working again. Within RRE its working fine.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
  6. Glovepup

Glovepup New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    A recent update made it work with ACC in spectator mode? I cannot get it to work, is there a setting which I need to change?

7. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    In should work, in theory. The app requires the broadcast server to be enabled in ACC.
    https://gitlab.com/winzarten/SecondMonitor/-/wikis/Manual-Plugin-Installation
    If it doesn't work, then please upload the log, and I will have look.

That's really weird. Nothing changes in the ACC connector. The socked exception means that either there isn't the other endpoint (this is normal when you're not in session), or that something outside of SM closed the connection. Maybe something changed in firewall settings?

But in log_2 it looked like it eventually connected but you have pooling rate / refresh interval set at 0, this will not work. 200 is the default value.

8. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Also, one confusing thing is that if you load into a saved game, the application will not initialize until you start driving. That is becaues ACC doesn't send any data while in pause menu ;)

On another topic, 7.8. containing the possibility to log telemetry from no-player cars is out ;)

9. Glovepup

Glovepup New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    It's working in single player mode, in spectator mode am getting track, temp and track temp info but no live timing. Log attached for you

Attached Files:

• log.txt
      File size:
      4.6 MB
      Views:
  10. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for the log. I have found one defect that was affecting MP and that should now be fixed. Hopefully it is what was preventing the spectating to work properly. :)

If not, well, then it would be great if someone could send me in private message connection info and spectating password for their group password, so I could directly debug what the application is doing. Without that, I'm kinda lost ;)

11. L3g0

L3g0 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

??!!! so my firewall was disabled to exclude some blocking. As i said the official ACC server director did connect and showed everything. Anyways, i updated a few mins ago to the latest version and its working again. I will test the new feature to receive data as spectator. Is this also working if i am in a multi driver acc event? so may see then the data as well even if i am not the active driver?

12. Lars Mars

Lars Mars New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    @Winzarten In the XY plot chart there is a chart called Longitudinal accellaration Speed. could there be a filter for the throttle input. ie only show results above 90%

Edit: Just found out that is the case in the wiki, so you can neglect this msg

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2021
  13. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    I wish I had the answer why it didn't worked. The only thing I can say is that the way ACC does things is very unique and not very suited to app like mine. ;)
    But yes, once it is is properly fixed it should also work for multidriver events (the app already support driver swap in SP). And if ACC reports all drivers for the car all the time, then also lap history should be preserved. :)

14. Glovepup

Glovepup New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately joined a server last night as a spectator and it still doesn't show any data, I'll send you a PM for testing.

15. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Clicking on a drivers lap shows me his six last laps. Any chance to see all or the fastest of him?
    Trying this now out to get an information which sector I don't have to learn anymore.

16. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Double clicking on a driver should show all the laps in the current session (there is a scrollbar if they don't fit into the window). If it looks like that there only last-X, then most likely the application thought the session reset (bug). I know that this currently happens in RF2 in longer races, should be fixed next update.

Thanks to you, and other who provided the connection info for their servers :) I got it sorted now, and in next update it should finally work in spectator mode in ACC.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Wilson Oliveira

Wilson Oliveira New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @Winzarten the map generation isn't working on Nordschleife (Tourist). I also opened an issue on gitlab before noticing this thread.

The app is awesome. Thank you very much.

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  18. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    [url = https: //postimg.cc/p9WqsbCX] [​IMG]

19. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    As far as I remember, it is because to complete a lap on the Tourist layout you have to go through section that is designated as "pits".
    Maps are only created from completed laps where you didn't go into pits (for obvious reasons). This you cannot do on the Tourist layout. I could create a whitelist of tracks where this rule wouldn't apply, but that has very little priority, so don't expect it anytime soon ;)

@Hervé45
    Because it is completed laps ;)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Airwreck

Airwreck New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    hey, it doesnt work for me anymore in ACC, it used to work just fine but for a few days it just doesnt
    my Ue4 crashed a few days ago, maybe thats the reason, but i´m not sure

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021