English TouringProSeries: TCOne 2015 Championship

Discussion in 'Leagues & Communities' started by Ryan Callan, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Ryan Callan

Ryan Callan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    TouringProSeries is the pinnacle of virtual touring car racing, and has been now for almost six years. We have ranged from RACE07 and WTCC cars to Game Stock Car and Minis, from rFactor and V8 Supercars to Clios over the years, including some famous drivers: Stoffel Vandoorne, Jesper Taulborg, Jack Keithley, Jeffrey Rietveld, Robert Wiesenmueller, Toby Davis, Peter Duivelaar and many more.

To be at TPS is to test yourself with the best, and enjoy the most professional administration online right now.

We already have huge interest in our TCOne championship, the spiritual successor to our inaugural league back in 2009, the ATCC, but there is always room for more! www.touringproseries.com/forum also includes a starter guide in the TCOne sub-forum for those new to our community.

Prequalifying begins on 9 July and runs until 13 July, with the championship itself starting 25 July. Feel free to ask any questions in this thread if need be!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  2. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    If you become over subscribed, do you have divisions or is it just the top 24 that race?

3. Flavourlicious

Flavourlicious Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    There is an interesting division system where the front field of Division 2 earns more points than the back field of Division 1. Every week drivers will promote to division 1 based on overall standings. :)

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. machwebb

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    But there is one overall standings..?

5. Flavourlicious

Flavourlicious Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Yeah both divisions will be merged points wise. Both divisions have slightly different point-orders (in division 2 you can earn less points) So the #1 of division 1 earns more points than #1 of division 2. But #1 of division 2 earns more points than the #14 and lower in division 1. So after each race the points of both divisions will be merged and then used to create the new divisions for the next race. Take a look at this post: http://www.isrtv.com/forums/topic/18429-tcone-2015-essential-information/?p=174595

Ooh @Ryan Callan take a look at this: https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/mp-spectator-web-overlay.2264/

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
  6. Ryan Callan

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Like previously posted, more than one division runs, and simultaneously. It sounds more complicated than it is, but there is one overall standing with division splits after round one based on championship points. Movement between the divisions is made possible by an overlap in each divisions points.

And we are already over subscribed for one division by some margin :)

7. Robert Wiesenmüller

Robert Wiesenmüller Esports / Events

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 0 / -0
    I am famous now? :D

Well I drove lots of rFactor and GSC championships in that community and I can recommend it.
    The top of the field is very competitive, in terms of touring car racing it is definately the highest level I have seen. But thanks to the multiple divisions it also is good for "gentleman drivers". You should however be committed to doing a bit of practice for each round, it isn't really aimed at the club racing fans.
    What is quite cool about the league is that they have a ruleset that gets followed consequently, and for each league there are also people producing a bit of media. Like this season preview video for example, but for past leagues there have been articles, pictures and racevideos too.
    The field is also quite international so I am sure you will find a team from your country, or help, if English isn't your main language. They will also have another Raceroom league but I think Ryan will post about it in time.

8. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Can I sign up here or does it have to be on your site?

9. Ryan Callan

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    For formality's sake, you would have to register and post on our forum :)

10. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    @machwebb what do you reckon, shall we go and represent RoninGT?

Thanks Ryan, very interested although I'd be worried about racing at Macau, my system doesn't seem to handle it very well at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    Probably me and @Kevin Rötting will subscribe as well! :DDon't know if he already dropped a word about that on your forum..?

• Like Like x 1
  12. machwebb

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    Does a Cobra oversteer?

• Like Like x 2
  13. Ryan Callan

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    He hasn't done just yet.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Ryan Callan

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    Plenty of time before then! They've improved Shadow Split in this new patch which was already helping when off so maybe it will help even more.

15. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    My system's old and due an upgrade that's all, 4-6 months time it won't be a problem, upgrades in-bound! :)

16. Ryan Callan

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    For a game as good as this, it's well worth it

17. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    OK, I've signed up at ISR, just waiting for @machwebb to get his act together and sign up too before entering a team for this.

Just noticed the start time... that would make it 5pm (BST), don't suppose that can be moved an hour later can it? lol

18. Ryan Callan

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
  19. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
  20. Ryan Callan

Ratings:
    +284 / 0 / -0
    It says in the first light green box box that our timezone is GMT+1. So 1800GMT = 1900BST :). 7pm.