Released Tatuus F.4

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Mar 1, 2016.

1. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I don`t like it at all. I preferred the handling and the sound of the old version. :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Psychotik

Psychotik Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I like it. Didn' drive it that much before, so any comparision attempt would be more fictional than factual. That said, I find it more responsive, more living. I like also the amount of torque for such a low powered openwheel. I just changed the brake bias a bit to front but other than that I find base setup very good.

The sound is even better than before as I like to upshift "from ear" when I have to keep both eyes on opponents in traffic.

It is a good choice to learn the basics of racing while having fun at the same time. So for me a very good work has been done here.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    I´d swap it for the FRJ as a F2P car since it is a lot easier to master than that car.

4. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    It just takes a little getting used to. In the beginning I thought "What the hell have they done to this car?!"
    But after a few laps, I started to thoroughly enjoy myself.
    I will say that it is very easy to over-drive, especially if you try driving it like you did the old version.
    (More than a few MP races can attest to that. :D )
    With the default set-up, once the tires start squealing, you're pretty close to losing the rear.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    I've tried a handful of ranked races post update, so other than being a bit of a slideshow due to my fps woes, I find it to be an improvement over the previous rendition, defo in the motor department, far more torque now, always thought the previous VW variant was a tad peaky. A lot friendlier now, only thing I'm struggling with is finding the limit of grip, have swapped ends 3 out of 5 races but can report, it is still driveable with destroyed suspension, need to take it out in SP so I can tinker with setup, try lessen the snap loss of traction. Fun to drive though!

6. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Took me all of one lap to start enjoying this car with it's physics tweaks. :) Feels much more fun to drive now, compared to the race I had in them last week. A quick test turned into an hour, and that's saying something coming from a guy who doesn't really enjoy hotlapping alone. Great car! :cool:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
  7. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    I can only second that, I can't wait for an updated Dallar... I mean Formula RR3.:cool:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. kosletten

kosletten New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    They do seem to be more stable now than what I recall them being like the last time I drove them in January.
    With that being said, is anybody able to duplicate their Leaderboard times that were set with the previous physics?

KO

9. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    The volume of the Tatuus engine didn't change, although it's a complete new sound, and the tone is different for sure. Maybe this is why it feels "quieter" for you. I'd suggest you to increase the engine volume a bit through the audio options, it should help ;

10. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Have all my engine volume settings to 10, we need a Spinal Tap 11 in this department, as a necessity! ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    Sorry that you don't like the new sound :confused:
    We replaced the previous Audi engine sound (used in ADAC F4) with a Formula Abarth sound (Fiat engine), and I think most will agree that it's a bit more exciting than the Audi, although it's always a matter of taste ;)

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Mid Ohio and Zolder are quite good tracks to drive it on but the lift off oversteer is still present even with the new engine braking setting up to 20.

13. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Btw how come the default steering angle is such a particular odd number instead of 360? Is there any specific reason for it?

14. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Simply because it matches the real car spec.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    So turn everything else down a bit while leaving engine at maximum, then raise the overall volume slightly using Windows volume control or your speakers own volume knob, if they have one.

16. kosletten

kosletten New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    On second thought, they are not as docile as they previously were. They seem to me to be more on a knife edge from understeer to oversteer, and I'm bleeding from a lot of cuts.:grin:

@Alex Hodgkinson should the Leaderboards have been reset after this update, or is it just me that can't get within 1.5 seconds of my previous times?
    KO

17. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    On a related note, I'm going max lock (15 degrees which is also the default) and increased steering angle to 500 and I'm still struggling to get round the Macau hairpin. (I'm getting across to the left so I'm 'inside' the bus stop sign on the road and turning just a meter or so before it... I know its tight but I could do with some more lock from my engineers...). So is that all the lock we can have on this car sir? [UPDATE: having mucked about a bit more I can report that 15 degree default/max lock IS in fact sufficient - the mistake I was making was turning to full lock as the turn progressed rather than going to full lock as quickly as possible from the turning point. This meant that the first part of my turn was not as sharp as it needed to be. It's still a bugger though and ruins, for me, a wonderful track - I know its realistic/correct though.]

And a second question - is the new F4 slower than the old one? I'm slower by 9 seconds :eek: at Macau (but can possibly find 3-4 of those as I get used to the car / track again). Running the same AI setting (104) as in Nov 2019 the AI is much slower... [UPDATE: 8 seconds slower at AI = 104 in fact.]

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
  18. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    The update to this car was long overdue. :) Handling is challenging but is fun to drive and the sound is finally awesome. I took it for a spin at Knutstorp and had a blast there. Had to adjust the setup a bit to counteract the oversteer in turn 6 and 7 though. The AI works really well too; we were driving 2-wide through the last section of the track including that hell hole before the start finish straight without any contact. Great job sector3!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  19. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    I think you answered that yourself!

I only drove the old version once, then wiped it and started afresh. I can't really pass comment other than there's nothing carried over from how it was before.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Perhaps I did :D but it is really helpful to know that it is a completely different car and probably much slower (which is not a criticism at all) than the old one - thank you.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2021