Released Daytona International Speedway & Porsche 911 RSR (2019)

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Georg Ortner, Jan 23, 2020.

1. RampageRacing

RampageRacing Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    I will have to just log in to see and apparently eat a large helping of crow.

EDIT: I am not observant. I guess I was confused by the starting position of the car when doing practice laps and never watched a replay of an AI race on the track so I never saw the grass. From where I was pitted all I saw was concrete. Now that I have taken the time to really LOOK, the track looks great and very close to the real thing which is just a few miles away from my home. I humbly apologize for my previous post. :oops:

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2020
  2. BRC19

BRC19 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    U.S. RaceRoom club is hosting two more Daytona races in August - Wednesday at 0100 UTC. (Tuesday at 2100 EDT for US folks.)
    See the schedule on Race Department.

3. krimmler

krimmler Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Porsche is ready for "one last dance" in IMSA next weekend. It´s a bit sad, but it will be nice if we can get this liveries;

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
  4. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    I assume the red one is claiming victory already?.. ;)

• Funny Funny x 7
  5. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    This made my day.

6. Lachaussette

Lachaussette Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Hello, in game can the Porsche RSR GTE race with GT3?
    Where is the index performance updated file to compare each of one please?

Thank you

7. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Add GT3 and GTE to a multiclass race.....in my experience, GTE beats GT3's at Daytona, but I haven't tried elsewhere.....maybe Bathurst would be interesting.

8. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    No. RSR is faster by quite a bit.

9. Lachaussette

Lachaussette Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Ok thank you guys

10. Rene van Oostenbrugge

Rene van Oostenbrugge New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
  11. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the in depth review, guess it's a must buy!

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. rubenbatista

rubenbatista Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Since a while ago, the Porsche 911 RSR has a weird behaviour. In fast corners the car has so much understeer even if you use very low wing and a soft front/stiff rear setup. For example, in Eau Rouge and Blanchimont I have to lift a lot doing a perfect line just to make the corner (with any compound of tyre, even the soft compound). Watching real life onboards they go through this corners full throttle without difficulty.

13. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    The engine braking reduction setting we recently added to the driveline setup page increases stability in to turns. Reducing this value will improve sharpness of turn-in but at the cost of rear end stability. You can find that setting here:

Screenshot 2021-05-03 113406.jpg

I'm not sure where you got the impression that the RSR can take Blanchimont & Eau Rouge without lifting, because there are some quite sizable lifts at those corners in this video from this weekend:

Perhaps you were watching onboards of the GT3 which approaches the corners with less speed?

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. rubenbatista

rubenbatista Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Yes, I already have lots of engine braking and the car does turn in well off throttle, it´s the on throttle understeer that is driving me crazy. Also I´m using stiffer dampers on the rear, higher values of preload and rear ARB and some other stuff including gearing. Maybe I´m just trying too hard because the lap times are actually quite competitive.

In this onboard from last year I can´t hear any lifting in Eau Rouge or Blanchimont for example and this year too in some phases of the race, maybe just optimal track temperatures and tyres in the right window or something

15. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    I remember that in the competition that was before the car was launched officially, I could go flat through Eau Rouge and Blanchimont. Eau Rouge was close and I didn't manage it every time, but it surely was essential for a quick lap.

But I must admit that I haven't driven this combination in a long time now. So I can't rule out that something might have changed.

16. rubenbatista

rubenbatista Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    That´s the strange thing. I also remember that I could go flat and had a great time with that car in Spa and other circuits when it was released, but now I find it frustrating to drive. Not sure if something actually changed a lot or I´m just trying too hard like I said.

17. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    We can't discount the engine mode effect either. A car using the lowest engine map is of course approaching corners slower, so Blanchiment etc are more likely to be taken flat. In fact, our car in the highest engine setting is in qualifying mode whereas that video is presumably showing a car being driven in one of the lower settings.

Hard to draw a comparison with so many variables and no actual numbers or speed overlays.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1