HUD OtterHud - A custom WebHud - With additional features

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by OtterNas3, May 7, 2019.

1. CliffordYuma

CliffordYuma New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Incredible work! The 1.2 is amazing, thanks mate. It´s just what the game needed

I am going to donate you, thank you Otter

2. OtterNas3

OtterNas3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Glad you like it and thanks for the tip into the Coffee-Fund ;)

Moo,
    Otter

3. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Installed the font.....all good now. Thanks!

4. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    OtterHud version 1.21 is now LIVE

Changelog:

GENERAL
    • Fixed Code for restoring Layout Settings, which caused the HUD to go blank when Layout2 was selected
    • Fixed wrong Font showing for Motec Gear and Race Info messages
    • Implemented a first "BASIC" HUD to show on Replays from Race-Sessions
      (No-Way 'yet' for Practice/Qualy Sessions sry)
    • Adjusted Displaying of Information for Leaderboard/Competitions
    --------------------------------------------------- CHANGELOG END ---------------------------------------------------

From now on the full Changelog will be shown in the Game.
    It will automatically open first time you get into the Game, once i pushed the update.

As always if you encounter any sort of problems, feel free to post here.
    Also for suggestions about new/missing stuff, keep posting.
    If i dont Answer here, be sure that i always read the posts, but sometimes just can't answer due to Real life and Work!

Hope you like the update, enjoy!

Moo,
    Otter

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    Last edited: May 4, 2021
  5. J Gainey

J Gainey New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @OtterNas3 awesome thankyou, i was using the older version through crewchief and it worked great, but the update keeps asking to download the dash, which ive done but it still wont work can you please help me

Attached Files:

• b.PNG
      b.PNG
      File size:
      65 KB
      Views:
    • a.PNG
      a.PNG
      File size:
      28.7 KB
      Views:
  6. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Dont run both the same time!
    Crew Chief is on latest version?

Works as intended here:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 4, 2021
  7. J Gainey

J Gainey New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    yep that was it thankyou very much

8. PanVlk

PanVlk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Lol, you're sad. You didn't read or didn't understand basic instructions, then you started with these ridiculous rants when people wanted to explain where you were making mistake and help you get it working. You ignored all the explanations and just followed up with more of these pathetic, entitled rants what glorious experience from NORAD you have and how many children you raised as if it was relevant to anything. Spend less time boasting about your life, you're not the only person with kids or career, and perhaps spend more of your time improving your reading comprehension.

It's clear you're just one of those hopeless entitled know-it-alls who just can't be helped.

Sorry to everyone else for this, but these sorts of twats kind of wind me up a bit.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. inthebagbud

inthebagbud Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    not sure if you picked up this issue ?

10. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    You fail to understand that this page is not a GitHub repository. The repositories are hosted on github.com, while there's a thing called GitHub pages which are hosted on github.io. You're literally looking at a website that is showing the ingame HUD. It could also be hosted somewhere else, it's not a project or a repository.

• Like Like x 1
  11. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    EDIT: Deleted cause of missing Context, caused by removed Messages from Moderators

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: May 7, 2021
  12. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Sorry seems i missed that one.
    The Estimated Position in the Delta?
    It should not even show in Race o_O

13. alejandroid80

alejandroid80 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I've reported both messages from him, totally nonsense...

• Love it! Love it! x 2
  14. h-jmaechler

h-jmaechler New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Otter for this great update!
    I have a question: How can I display the position bar vertically. I think that could be set in the previous version.

15. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    There is no option to make the Position Bar vertical, i guess you meant the TV Tower
    Goto the settings page by clicking the Gear Icon and then, ust disable the Position Bar in General and enable the TV Tower
    You can do so by clicking on the Title of each of the Widgets

16. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Thanks so much for this wonderful HUD. Having the TV Tower on replays is just amazing. I've been watching old replays all morning!!!!

I wonder if there could be an option to make the lap times linger a little longer on the TV tower? I have some other suggestions too but I'll save them for a single post (bet you can't wait!).

PS Being a noob I just sent you a request for money via PayPal (oops!! :eek::D). I have managed to cancel that and send you a thank you which I hope will cover a coffee or similar treat.:)

17. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    Suggestions are always Welcome!
    Adjusting that time would be okay, but for some, and i already got that report too, the time should be shown shorter.
    Right now it is shown for 10 seconds.
    But some want 5, some want 30, it's painful :D
    I make so many stuff adjustable, it seems never enough, and even just some small value boxes, sliders and such are not that easy for me to do. I'm gettn better but still not a programmer at all!
    Even that volume slider for the beeping sound combined with a way to figure out how to implement the code for the adjustment, took me 5-6 hours :rolleyes:

Regarding that PayPal thingy, that was hillarious! :D :D
    I thought: "This Guy... says thanks and want Money from me! pfft!" made me Smile immediately
    Was quite sure it was a mistake, but made me grin ^^
    Thanks for the Coffe btw!

18. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    Really nice update to the HUD. I've been using it since release and am liking the tweaked look and new functionality. Great job! :cool:

Just one question though. Is it possible that anything you've changed or added could cause a drop in overall game performance at all? RaceRoom usually runs very smoothly on my rig with no issues even with large grids. I hadn't raced for a few weeks, and when I tried to do a few laps yesterday I was getting major stutter with a 30 car grid. The only thing that has changed between the last time I raced and now is the new version of OtterHUD.

Note that I'm asking, not blaming. ;) There could be another cause, so I'm trying to eliminate the things it's definitely not.

19. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    I guess it could, but it shouldn't. It would probably been cought in testing.
    I noticed a drop in performance connnected probably to windows update, after the update R3E started taking 60-70% of processor power while idle, in the menus. Acutally yesterday with the new hud it went back to normal.

20. OtterNas3

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    I can only say, that from my testing while updating the Hud, i was even able to improove the performance of the Hud.
    Processor cycle, memory usage went down a bit.
    Even on my Laptop i was able to test with a 35 AI grid without any major issues, while programming and running the needed software in the background.
    Can you test with/without enabled hud?
    Did you decouple the RRREWebBrowser.exe from the main game process with affinity?
    I had a good performance increase doing so, even without running the Hud.
    Noticed that the browser process has sometimes a kick in cpu usage which caused the game to hick-and-huck sometimes

Recent Windows updates did not impact my performance that much, as it was more updates for higher directx levels, mainly dx12 - Which cause alot of trouble on many Games i tested.
    They f'd up big time i think.
    Games crashing all over the place, specially when you have overlays enabled from Afterburner/Discord and whatever not.
    But did not notice that on R3E

• Like Like x 1