rFactor 2

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mihai, Sep 16, 2016.

1. Travis P

Travis P Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    New rF2 build notes here: https://www.studio-397.com/2021/05/released-new-rfactor-2-build-update-available/

If your on the Release Candidate in Steam, you already have the new additions.

Acquisition is complete too: https://motorsportgames.com/motorsp...ysics-to-forthcoming-nascar-game-on-consoles/

If like me, you wonder why it's taking years to fix legacy issues such as FCY causing AI havoc, AI cars that won't slipstream or use the correct tyres in changing conditions etc, here are some quotes from what S397 have been doing:

Marcel from S397 stated:

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    To be honest, I temporarily gave up on rFactor 2, in terms of more serious participation/racing at least. I felt that the progress has become too slow even before the Motorsport Games news came out, and don't get me wrong, I'm pretty excited for what's coming (especially the BTCC game), but I feel that if S397 has to share their attention and resources between rF2 and the new titles now, it's pretty uncertain how far rF2 will get until they decide to abandon it completely. And also, one of my biggest issues is the laziest VR implementation on the market. At least, I found some SimHub overlays to replace the almost useless in-game HUD (it's way too big on the Index and unadjustable), but the lack of proper lock to horizon is also pretty heavy on my eyes, so I only do some testing here and there with the newer stuff.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Marcel wrote yesterday on discord that other software by Motorsport Games they'll be working won't steal any focus and resources from rF2...

4. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    But how? The only possible way of achieving that is recruiting new people, but that alone steals focus and resources from rF2.

5. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Marcel.jpg

6. Travis P

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    I hope you're correct @Rui Santos - I've been an avid supporter of rF2 including beta testing the Reiza DLC and I own all of the DLC S397 have released.

It's all well and good for Marcel to post in the Discord user group that MSG don't dictate rF2 development however can anyone state they are happy with the current development speed and fixes? The time taken to release the UI became a meme and we have FCY issues, AI issues, rain tyres that don't work properly and a slew of legacy issues to be fixed. We also have issues with the GTE class cars (remember the engine stalling in the pits?), BoP with the GT3 cars and so on.

Marcel told MarcG no AI/offline fixes for some time on the official forums; S397 have other things to do for MSG with NASCAR and BTCC and by the time the single player is looked at, let alone the bug fixes, we will likely have AMS 2 at a fully released state (the beta updates are released at an amazing rate), IRacing continues to improve, AC rolls on as does ACC, 505 Games have stated Assetto Corsa 2 is being worked on and who knows, R3E using UE4/5 may have released.

7. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Agree with you Travis, except in the part of AMS2, i think it has a very fake behaviour, not natural, AMS1 was great, AMS2 is not...

iRacing is good but i hate their financial business...

Raceroom is great, it's the sim with the best sounds, physics are good too but like i said, dynamic racing line, or grippier racing line should place it on another level. After racing with that in rF2, not having it makes no sense to me...

Also, do you have that 505 Games post where they say AC2 is being worked on? That's good news!

Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Travis P

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    It was posted on the Kunos forum and may have been reposted on Bsimracing. I'll see if I can find the details. Please don't crucify me if I take some time..

I agree AMS 2 is a little hit and miss however I'm sure the people at Reiza will overcome the jank SMS added to the Madness Engine. The FFB isn't as good as AMS and I doubt it will ever be. It's nice to be a financial backer and get something that has promise and is worked on so fast.

I'm not an iRacing person either but it's got some good features.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Travis P

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    Hi @Rui Santos - I found it!

https://www.digitalbros.com/wp-cont...Report-at-December-31st-2020-def-criptato.pdf

10. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
  11. Travis P

Ratings:
    +65 / 0 / -0
    Let's hope ACC is supported for a while as AC 2 is being created.

The question is Lord Kunos coming back to assist with AC 2 or is his sailing sim all he's interested in?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    I think the base is done with ACC, anyway i think it might be improved, both performance and physics, if they do this successfully probably AC2 is half done by now...

13. memoNo1

memoNo1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Let's get it on!

• Like Like x 1
  14. memoNo1

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0

• Like Like x 1
  15. memoNo1

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Today I'm going to show you an absolutely mercilessly ingenious kart track.
    Kartodrom de Popayan from Colombia!
    For me, definitely an absolute top track and one of the best tracks currently available!
    But have a look for yourself.

16. Tomas Machan

Tomas Machan Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Evening ride, wet and a flash of the sun (Porsche 911 RSR GTE, LeMans)

• Like Like x 2
  17. memoNo1

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    A small fan trailer for the latest update of KartSim.
    Finally a shifter kart in rF2 & and working Icons for the current UI from rF2 & the latest PBR shader!
    If you don't have it yet but like karts, what are you waiting for!!? :)

18. memoNo1

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0

Hello dear SimRacing community.
    Today I present you another masterpiece from our Andrea aka Andrea1968.
    This time he gives us the track Mexico E-Prix for free.
    This one includes the latest PBR skids, RTD mapping, an AIW for the singleplayer mode of Atomed and digital flags.

A beautifully detailed track that Andrea has recreated as authentically as possible in the virtual world of rF2.

As always, Andrea's work is a safe bet for driving fun and quality.

• Like Like x 1
  19. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Game is on Sales on Steam with a whopping 75% off

20. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    Maybe i will take another look at it when S397 fixed the issues the sim has... Until then no $$$ from me...

rF2 @19min 30sec and i could not agree more...

• Agree Agree x 3