Possibility to make Raceroom more popular!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zackmchack, Apr 25, 2021.

1. Slackest of Pandas

Slackest of Pandas New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Set the AA setting in Raceroom to 2x (don't worry about FXAA)

Then download Nvidia inspector and open the profile app that comes with it and select the raceroom profile from the drop down menu.

Then use these settings and click apply

Untitled.png

It will rape performance but it will give you the absolute cleanest AA possible with barely a jaggie in sight. If you need more performance you can drop the Sparse Grid Supersampling to 2x but you will start to notice shadows flickering if you do that (but it will still look much better than default in game AA )

If you need even more performance you can use 8xQ(8 x multi-sampling) setting instead of the 8xS setting but again the aliasing will get worse.

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: May 14, 2021
  2. ⅀ℕiↅϻΔ

⅀ℕiↅϻΔ Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Yeah i paid for them i bought them cos i liked the HB skin i also had them a long time.But then they just disapeared i guess i bought them early enough.
    I also only have one RUF left to drive..i mean only one liver:(
    I thought if a Skin for a car is USER made the copyrights are different?
    The thing is i don´t think about big Modding its more like little tweak....i compare it to War Thunder again.
    There u can download real good special cammos for Planes or Tanks user made or effects like gunfire or sounds or how a jet exhaust looks.
    You can make a Mig 15 exhaust look like rainbow if you want ;) so only you and people who installed it will see.

Last edited: May 14, 2021
  3. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    If you already owned them you should get them back. They disappeared for me too at some point and I also got them back. I just forgot who I asked for this. Maybe PM J-F your account link and tell him that you owned the Audi liveries and they are gone. The devs can check your purchase history and eventually you should get them back.

4. ⅀ℕiↅϻΔ

⅀ℕiↅϻΔ Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Sorry 4 Language was mad as hell about that!!

Yeah i guess you are right it would open the door for cheaters but there for you could use a good anti cheat.
    As i think any Competitiv game should have!!
    EAC for example hard to work around even for good coders like Helios ;) and R3E is to small and uninteresting for big Cheat sellers
    The conted thiev thing to me thats a bigger one your right...but there will always be people who try to copy/paste and sell it.
    But it stays a copy :p i played all games before GTR Evolution and Race 07 so far never was disapointed.
    I tried other Racing Sims and do not like them or i always come back to R3E.

5. ⅀ℕiↅϻΔ

⅀ℕiↅϻΔ Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Oi sounds sweet who do i have to send my account data?

6. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    He's talking about J-F Chardon.

7. tEWONE

tEWONE New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I'd just like to chip in on the OP..
    I beleive marketing is the biggest fault of RRE (among other hings like poor ranked, but that comes later)

First of all, this sim is pretty underrated and rarely do I hear anyone, specialy youtubers and such, even mention it, lethalone talk about it..

I was never into simracing before, though i was familiar with most of the household titles lile AC, iRacing, rFactor ..
    One day I was bored and decided to scroll through steams free-to-play list of games and somewhere way down the list I came across RRE- naturaly I thought this must be a shit game but decided to give it a go anyway since it is FREE to download and get started with just the free content ..
    I was amazed and confused as to why I had never heard of this game before?!?! It was a full blown RACING SIMULATOR with great physics and graphics and it was free to start with
    Literaly never did I hear it even being mentioned anywhere or anything.....
    So i stuck to the free content for some time, which is PERFECT for newbies who are just getting into simracing or people who just wanna test it out without shelling out big bucks for the whole game they arent sure even if they will like it

Long story short, thats how i found about RRE (and got into simracing for that matter)- by accidentaly discovering it somewhere down on the 10th page of steams free to play games list...

And now after 1500 hours into this game I am still in love with it. I have tried other sims and they are Ok but they all have much steaper learning curves and I really dont have the will to go through it.. Not to mention higher price tags (iRacing im looking at you) Sure this game lacks some featues like weather or night racing but the core SIMULATOR aspect is spot on.. the physics and the sounds. (oh the sounds specialy) also graphics do look a bit outdated when compared to the latest titles but it does have its pros like enabling people with low-mid tier machines to play it flawlesly (speaking from experience, after playing it for around 5 years on my old HP ProBook 4740s)

Even today, I rarely hear about RRE outside of the community or forums.. No one talks about it, no big esport events .. heck even F1 games are hugely more popular (and we all know they are shitty and in my oppinion cant even compare to raceroom)

sorry for the long post and maybe its even irrelevant but i had to share it

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    For me as a SP gamer, R3E is fabulous. By far the best AI you will find. They almost behave human like. Ok they still make silly mistakes but there are a lot of human drivers online who drive a whole lot worse.
    I sadly haven’t the time to participate online races and therefore I’m totally dependent on good AI.
    Yesterday I had a very few very good and exciting races. Due to circumstances I had not much time lately but yesterday I had a smile from ear to ear after this session. So nice to race after a day of hard work.
    I don’t understand why R3E is not that popular amongst Sim Racers.
    any way Thumbs up Team... :D

9. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    I can't say I agree. I mean, yes, it's hard to hear about R3E inn on hardcore sim environment. The problem is R3E is a good sim and a bad game. I'm hearing about R3E on every YouTube channel that is not focused on one superior sim.
    I also can't say R3E has less steep learning curve than the others. It's literally here the car and the track go... Even iRacing starts you with a YouTube driving school. When in rolling start it gives you info where you need to be. In R3E to learn the game you need to dig through forum posts. That's why I think R3E is not widely popular.

10. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    iRacing would go broke if other sim titles had exactly the same online racing system.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Slackest of Pandas

Slackest of Pandas New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    But they don't and none of them come remotely close to iRacing in terms of online functionality, user base and ability to match people with a similar skill level. iRacing is massively popular with a far bigger online user base than any other sim for a reason, they have 12 years experience of building an online infrastructure.

No company is going to come along and offer the same quality that iRacing does without many years of focussed development on online functionality and a willingness to take big financial risks. iRacing is/was bankrolled by a multi billionaire who didn't care if they made a profit, it was simply a passion project for him which allowed them to lose money for the first 8 or so years of their existence allowing them to take risks and make investments in infrastructure that other companies simply cant afford to take.

Iracing also offers multiple types of racing such as oval racing on asphalt and dirt which simply doesn't exist anywhere else. Its oval user base alone is more active than every others sims online community. Are you expecting this huge oval community to just stop caring about oval racing and jump onto something like Raceroom or ACC both of which have zero oval content ?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: May 15, 2021
  12. 16sth

16sth Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    This. 100%. iRacing fans bag out R3E and ACC but don't acknowledge they have had a massive head start with online racing. One thing that would entice players away from iRacing would be to reduce the amount of intentional wreckers.

13. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    I don't agree that 12 years of exp make a difference. R3E has better net code that allows closer racing and car contact that isn't fatal.
    Scalability of software and infrastructure is common knowledge.

The real problem is the costs of infrastructure and maintenance. Without a subscription it might be hard to handle the upkeep of servers if the number of servers is based on the number of players that show up.
    I wonder how RRE will handle that.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ⅀ℕiↅϻΔ

⅀ℕiↅϻΔ Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I finally found the date when i bought them 6 June 2014 i also wrote a pm to J-F

Thx for help

15. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Looks like S3 followed my suggestion about influencers with the weekly ranked guest servers. I wonder how well it is working and who so far has had the biggest influence. According to the graph, RRE is now above Rfactor2 and has the strongest May ever except for pandemic 2020 but is still well behind ACC. We´ll see what happens after the ACC free weekend.

upload_2021-5-28_8-47-35.png

16. ⅀ℕiↅϻΔ

⅀ℕiↅϻΔ Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    It just proofs R3E is awesome :p
    Me just bought Project Cars a few days ago (2,99€) cos i wanted to test another Racing Sim.
    I started it select NOS take 1992 EVO 190 Mercedes the grafic is awesome compared to R3E but thats ALL.
    The FFB is absolute BS the first thing i have to turn of is the Ultra stong center spring they use(OMG)
    I hit Alt+F4 and uninstalled it when i realized that there is NO FFB when you stand still o_O but the faster you go the more FFB you get till clipping of Doom:mad:
    Nope i do not need another Racing SIM i stick to Race R:rolleyes:m

17. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    To be fair for 3 euros you won´t get a more complete game in terms of cars and tracks but y on te graph.

What RRE needs now is a kick up the arse in terms of updated Steam DLC (judging from the comments on the stream videos the majority of casual gamers want to buy directo on Steam and not need to go to two third party webs) and/or a simplification of the shop and convoluted VRP process as these are both factors that prospective new players are discouraged by.

Both of these are even more outdated than the graphics engine yet could easily be fixed to enhance/simplify the shopping experience and capture more customers. Many people have money to burn but are just not willing to jump through hoops to get content.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    You don't need to. You can pay from your Steam wallet. Buying vRP on Raceroomstore is simply a way to get an additional discount, and it's not a game-changer, it's only upto 20% because if you pay from Steam wallet you also get a discount, but a smaller one.

I would say a microtransaction-style shop is a pretty modern thing. Not in simracing, but still.

I agree that it can be confusing.

I'd say the most jumping through hoops happens when you're quite stingy and you want to get the most out of your money. :D If you don't care all that much about every dollar, it's more simple.

Last edited: May 28, 2021
  19. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Well the really stingy ones just create an Argentinian steam account and buy all the usual games for a tenth of the cost in Europe and that is something RRE is up against with its non steam shop system. The shop is not a bad idea but the vRP thing is when you are new to the game and the fact that people have made tutorials on it as if it were CSP or SOL on AC is enough said.
    It´s also not immediately obvious you can pay with steam money so the user friendliness is about that of Rfactor 2 UI!

One final critcism that no one seems to have addressed is the issue that the game loading screens feature cars and liveries no longer available in the shop! Having obtained Porsches and VW since then, one would think these brands would be promoted more than Citroen or the old Bentley.

• Like Like x 1
  20. David tabone

David tabone Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    They should include the new Bentley when the adac2020 pack is available