App Offical release of Crew chief version 4 - auto updating and shiny

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by mr_belowski, Jul 29, 2015.

1. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    It checks the database for multiplayer ranking. So you can ask what the rating of the driver in front is, for example.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Miles Keaton

Miles Keaton New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    AWESOME stuff man I absolutely love this addon. I will definitely be donating soon, this changed my sim racing experience entirely

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    Does this also work if you don´t have a microphone to give commands, can it be configured to tell you the interesting things automatically? Like cars nearby etc.?

4. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    It tells you most of the info anyway, spotter, gaps to cars ahead etc etc without having to ask. 90% of it doesn't need a mic

5. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Absolutely, yes - I've never used it with a mic but the tool itself is amazing without it

6. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Can’t race with out my Friend mr_belowski anymore... :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Since the latest update, the Crewchief does not recognize Raceroom and classic Assetto Corsa anymore, only Competizione get listed and supported...?! I had the sim list reduced to display only those titles I use, AC, ACC, RR. Now, only ACC get listed.

8. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Nope!
    All there.Must be on yor side.

9. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I have described what has happened here, not more, not less.

Several updates in past years went smooth and no problems, this update process yesterday (had not raced for some time) had the described effect.

Have no clue.

10. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Ah, its the filtering function that does not work anymore. In "Properties", "Limited availabe games (text)", deleting the entrances gave ALL sim titles back in the selection title. But I cannot filter those out anymore that I have not even installed, while before that worked.

11. Doug Spinster

Doug Spinster Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    I raced yesterday had no problem with CC but I can tell you that Windows had updates yesterday and my computer was running all funky after so I did a restore to remove that W$ update. Did you try to reinstall CC.

12. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    I allow Windows Updates only with months of delay, so yesterday's and other latest Microsoft messes do not yet affect me. I run WU only twice a year. It can be prevented from always updating, but one needs to set some manual settings to reliably prevent that, and WUS also must be switched off.

The times when "always stay updated for better protection" was a valid statement, are long since over. That were the good old times. Since then, Microsoft has terribly messed things up. Thats why my main system now runs under Linux, and gaming is just my secondary rig and does nothing else but games.

I found the issue, however. The title entries in the properties now seem to be case sensitive, weherebefore they seem to ahve been not. So you need to indeed type "RaceRoom" and not just "Raceroom", and "Assetto Corsa (64 bit)", not "Assetto Corsa (64 Bit)". Assetto Corsa Competizione" stayed like it was with its capital lettres, so it was not affected.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2021
  13. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I simply use shortened (almost acronyms) titles, and they still work in my case (after just updating to 4.15.1.5), as it did before. My entries are: acc, rf2, r3e, pcars2, ams, ams2, F1_2020. Haven't retried AC though.
    PS. Tried 'assetto' and it works and shows AC 64-bit.

14. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Well. Not here.

It now works reliably again. But only in the way I described.

If I do what you described and change the now existent precise entry to anything different, the game does no longer get listed on the main page immediately.

However. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  15. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    Latest update 4.15.2.2 can't be installed.

16. Luis Eduardo

Luis Eduardo Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I would like to translate the Crew Chief's voices from English to my language by recording the voices myself. Where in the program can I get the original files and exchange them for new voices in my language?

Thanks

17. Bauer

Bauer Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    There's a well know translated package in spanish, do you know?

Code:
    http://thecrewchief.org/showthread.php?1121-Alternative-Voice-Pack-CrewChief-Voces-en-ESPA%C3[OL-por-JOSE-DORTA(Xiry)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Playing less often currently and so cannot say precisely since when this is so, but the Crewchief app cannot be updated anymore, at least since several weeks. It announces the new version, I hit the download button and then I get this:

[​IMG]

19. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0

I had that a few weeks ago and had to totally uninstall and the reinstall. It worked as good as new after that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    So I deinstalled the old version, and tried to download a full new installation package, and when trying to get it launched, I again get a no-launch. Now I have not even an old installation of it, but nothing.

I have not updated Windows since January, its fully blocked as to my best knoweldge and ability, so nothing there has changed, not even drivers. Only definitions for ESET and Malwarebyte's Antimalware. That all is okay on security, since any sensitive stuff I do on a second, Linux-based system that is very much "sealed off". I update Windows only twice a year nowadays. And even on these rare events I am nervous. Too much porked patching done by MS these days.