Trick to display FPS within the game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jun 12, 2021.

Tags:
  1. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    I understand there are external tools to do so, but is they a quick key or .exe launch property that can be used to have the FPS / GPU usage in the game?

2. OtterNas3

OtterNas3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +315 / 0 / -0
    You could show the fps with Steam overlay, but that's it without external tools!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    You can also use nVidia's "GeForce Experience" program for that. I do not consider that as an external tool, I think in most cases it's already installed and running on your system if you have an nVidia GPU.

4. Rmbonk86

Rmbonk86 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    I use the built in monitoring from msi afterburner. You can monitor more than just frame rates too.

5. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    XBOX game bar included in Win 10 does the job, even shows CPU/GPU/RAM/VRAM usage. For some odd reason, you need to provide admin rights to show fps, which does not really work with the usual prompt you get in Windows. Even if you confirm to allow admin access, it will not work this way. But there is a permanent workaround. You need to add your user to the group "Performance Log Users" Here's how:

Link

It's in Spanish, but translated to English underneath.

6. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Afterburner is known to cause issues with raceroom for some people. I can't recommend this.