I prefer the old FFB

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by neil, Jun 23, 2021.

1. neil

neil Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I just can't get on with this new FFB at all. Any good setting s for TM300RS?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +562 / 0 / -0
  3. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    To play it safe I deleted all user profiles in User Data and re-assigned controls, made no other adjustments than the recommended multiplier hitting that sweet spot of slightly red line one or twice per lap, and been good with out of the box settings.
    Hope you get it dialed in as it is quite enjoyable for the initial runs of F90, GT3 and DTM '20

• Like Like x 1
  4. TechnicMOC

TechnicMOC New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I can't see the images on that link regarding the FFB - The tag show "missing pic icon [ /img]"

5. neil

neil Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    I'm sorry to say I just can't gel with it. I'm spinning the car & can't drive the car on the edge. Also lacks immersion, somethings that's very noticeable for me in VR, it really feels like I'm sitting in my front room rather than driving a car.
    Many people will like it but not me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. PanVlk

PanVlk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    I also have T300, by default it felt a bit dead. I felt a bit of tyre load in corners, but not much else. I had to bring up some details in lower range by decreasing the linearity to 75%, then I added bump amplification 35% and additional flavor through gearshift effect at 40%.

I proceeded to finetune individual FFB multiplier for couple of cars, for most of them I had to increase it by one or two clicks compared to previous settings. I am tuning the FFB multiplier in a way that I get a little bit of clipping in FFB intensive places (running over kerbs while cornering in high speed), but not too much.

I only had quick test in couple cars, and I will probably keep adjusting it further, but I feel like dropping the linearity and adding the bump amplification is a good starting point for T300.

• Like Like x 1
  7. KudBkuik

KudBkuik Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    If you like Road detail and bump effects (like I do), increase the Bump-effects (Vertical Force Setting) significantly.

• Like Like x 2
  8. JyriK

JyriK Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Same here. Not good.

9. BTCCmad

BTCCmad Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    T300 owner here too. I generally like the changes, definitely smoother with the steering, weight transfer etc thats great. What i'm now missing is what alot of others seem to be saying, tracks seem very smooth, (i'm sure some are) but where have all the little bumps and imperfections gone? Dont feel anything of that now. Also kerbs are just about undetectable, (love the new sound however), but just hardly feel them.

However could it just be we need to tinker with the settings a bit, i'll defo try what PanVlk suggests and see how it goes....

But still great improvement overall so thank you to the dev's.

**after trying PanVlk's settings, definite improvement again, so thanks for that, kerbs feel more "right" now, and there's subtle tarmac bumps again too. Excellent work.**

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
  10. Paul Bennett

Paul Bennett New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Tested on my TX on recommend settings wheel felt heavy like driving on sand, then upped the linearity 100 the steering felt a bit looser with an easier turn in. Yes the multi does need turning up on all cars , but I you don't feel that much through a car steering wheel anyway it's more seat feel just add a little bit of immersion to perfect. So maybe other sims are giving us too much FFB? we just need to adjust or invest in a Dbox!

Will give PanVlk settings a try at the weekend.

11. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    During beta testing I ended up with settings similar to PanVIk on my T300.

Linearity 85
    Bump amp 40
    Gear effect 40

I feel everything I want to without the immersion effects overtaking the real ffb. Engine vibe I don't use at all, it's horrible.

Adjust so you get minimal clipping but some spikes in the red.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Kuku

Kuku New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    try going into the rcs file in control set and enable throttle and brake axis’s
    it’s about half way down file.
    i think it adds something that’s missing as i can’t feel the rear end with rwd cars

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Do you mean this?
    [ Gamepad FFB Settings ]
    FFB Throttle FX on steer axis="1"
    FFB Brake FX on steer axis="1"

I think it shouldn't work on a wheel.

14. Kuku

Kuku New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    i’m not near my computer,and only looked at it briefly before. isn’t it under wheel settings above all the other ffb effects that can be adjusted in game in same segment of controller file .

15. Yossarian

Yossarian Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Same here, the old ffb gave more information about what's happening with the car, and the new one is more realistic. Now here's a bit of a paradox: In a real car when driving on the track you also don't feel the kerbs, bumps very much on the steering wheel - you feel them with your whole body. But in a simulator all you have is that steering wheel. So by making the steering wheel behave like in a real car, you're taking away a lot of the information and making the thing feel numb and artificial.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  16. MattYKee

MattYKee Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Im not detecting any weight distribution forces anymore between the front and rear of the car. Its just broken my ability to drive allot cars in this game that i previously enjoyed.

I would've thought i'd atleast feel something through the steering wheel when i put the throttle down on a Frx90 and reached over 180km/h but nothing until i start loading the front tyres in corners.
    I got a league race tomorow and another on sunday, i'll try playing around with settings again during those. But im developing a bias against the ffb changes because rear end forces have become absent.

Agree,, the changes are'nt that noticable on traditionally stable cars like Cupra Eracer, but anything with a bunch of power/turbo like the Group 5, DTM 2020, Frx90 V10 is awful to drive with the new FFB because theres just nothing.

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    It was there in the old system, but the new one doesn't have it because it's very different. You can only feel the information that's coming from the front wheels.

18. Kuku

Kuku New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hmm maybe i need to delete my docs folder o_O

19. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Not necessary. The game should convert your old profiles into new ones, removing all no-longer-used FFB parameters and replacing them with values from a new default profile for your device. Key binds also stay the same.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Kuku

Kuku New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    i’m not sure i had a old profile of note.
    i wasn’t a fan of old system so haven’t got into this title properly, only just trying now there’s some progress as the ranked system appealed.
    The front wheel drive cars feel good but the rwd just aren’t giving the information of the rear end attitude if you know what i mean.