Released June Update out now!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Georg Ortner, Jun 23, 2021.

1. Mauricio

Mauricio Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    THK
    :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Cabriojoschy

Cabriojoschy New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I really like the new FFB, it feels much more natural when driving on the edge. Great work.
    But there is also shadow besides the light, I miss the button where the game puts me into the next session when running a private server. (we are a small group of real life friends running some short races, so the track changes frequently) Before I was taken automatically to the next track, now I have “Ende“ and „Ziel“, both do the same and bring me back to the lobby browser. Is it a bug?

3. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    So I guess this line from the changelog partially fixed this issue:
    • BMW Z4 GT3 - Resized wheels
    The Z4 GT3 looks all right now again. This makes me very happy, as I really like the Z4 GT3 but just couldn't stand to drive it for a long time because it looked so silly. :)

And not only the Z4 GT3 looks a lot better now, also the Alpina B6 GT3 and the Nissan GT-R GT3, although they are not mentioned in the changelog. :)

Unfortunately the rest of the cars from my old thread still look the same. :(

4. SlowInSlowOut

SlowInSlowOut New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    The FR-90 class was already the most natural feeling set of open-wheelers in any sim before the update, and now they're even better. The changes in traction are indeed more progressive now.

The other open-wheelers still aren't as good; there's still the tendency for the rear end to snap without warning. Make them more like the FR-90, please. ;)

5. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Guess, the actual "issue" might be based on the myth that a "Real Sim" should be extremely hard to drive which is ...uhm ...a myth...except for those first Simbin GTR Mods back in the days which were really hard to drive. I cannot speak for those Openwheelers (cause I don't drive them) but it's often said that GT3 cars are relatively easy to drive...nonetheless : I bet if you put a complete Newbie (even if used to some arcade or simcade titles) on a decent rig with RRE, his first laps will be donuts mostly ;)

6. Yossarian

Yossarian Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    some good things, but also some disappointments with this update (played only for a short while):

good:
    + car control seems improved, the tires behave more naturally, the grip loss seems more progressive
    + the traction control on GT3 cars seems less annoying

bad:
    -FFB - sorry to say this but I can't feel a damn thing now with my G27. I can't feel when the tires loose grip. And there are less options to adjust the FFB now.
    -new menu system: after qualifying is over, you can't see how long the race will be, if it requires a mandatory pit stop etc. For some bizarre reason, the session info button is gone :p

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
  7. RampageRacing

RampageRacing Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +71 / 0 / -0
    I am also using a G27. I felt the same at first but once I went in the Garage section and set the FFB multiplier of the individual cars, I found that the FFB on the G27 was better than it was before except with the possible exception of feeling the curbs. The curbs are very muted but I have not tried any adjustments to improve that yet. For example, I used to run the FFB multiplier on the Callaway Corvette at 1.3. I now have it set at 2.0 and the FFB meter show that it is about perfect at that setting. I am getting good strong feedback and good weight in the steering wheel with almost no clipping. Try changing the multiplier on whatever car you are driving and see if that helps.

8. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    That should only be correct for a 16:9 monitor, right? Mauricio uses a 32:9 one.

9. Cabriojoschy

Cabriojoschy New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Using a Samsung G9 myself, just dialed it in with the new advanced settings, (aspect ratio 32:9, size 49“ and distance from screen 50cm in my case). FOV looks like it should here…

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    Idk. I just wanted to point out that 40° vFoV are = 66° hFoV since the old system (hidden behind that multiplier)was vertical FoV and now its horizontal FoV ;)

11. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    That's not how it works, and you can see it even the calculator from your link. vFOV to hFOV ratio changes when you change aspect ratio and it also slightly changes with distance to the screen. You can't simply say "X° in the old system = Y° in the new system".

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    Indeed, those big turbo oil eaters like the Group C and Group 5 are now puffing a nice black cloud during gearshifts and accelerations. Feel the heat ! :D

• Like Like x 4
  13. memoNo1

memoNo1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Good Morning all.
    I have a problem.
    I tied FFB multipliers + and - to my keyboard.
    However, it doesn't work in-game. The FFB meter is visible.
    But nothing happens with FFB + and -.

I'm in VR mode.
    There are no reports.

14. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    That's correct. hFoV on a 32:9 monitor should be something around 105° with 40° vFoV.

15. Andy Kettler

Andy Kettler Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,109 / 0 / -0
    Ok my fault. Maybe its just the case for 16:9.

Everyone should just use the new in game calculator ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Yossarian

Yossarian Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the advice, I'll have a go at that in the evening

17. Skev

Skev Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    What you should see is some text indicating that the FFB is set to 1.6 (or whatever, but can't go below 1.0)
    What you should feel is your steering getting tighter / lighter as you go up or down the range.

If neither of those are happening I can only suggest binding them to something else.
    I've never had an issue where it didn't work and I'm also in VR for reference.

Hope that helps

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. memoNo1

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Well thats my prob.
    I didn't see anything in VR

19. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    Do you have the visibility of game HUD set to off, maybe? Have a look at the HUD settings and make sure 'in game overlays' is set to "essentials only".

Oli

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. memoNo1

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Oh, well.. no ididn't. :oops:
    Thank you i believe this is the soloution :)