Released June Update out now!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Georg Ortner, Jun 23, 2021.

1. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    I can´t tell enough how fantastic the newly revised BMW M235i is! :)
    I can´t tell enough how fantastic the newly revised BMW M235i is! ;)
    I can´t tell enough how fantastic the newly revised BMW M235i is! :D
    I can´t tell enough how fantastic the newly revised BMW M235i is! :cool:

Only downside is that it´s AI is relatively slow, I mean Level 117 at Bilster Berg, and I am in no way a rocket scientist racer, there the end of the flagpole is reached soon!

• Like Like x 1
  2. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    AI often need some tweaking after a physics update so no huge worry there, it will get looked at.

3. anno900

anno900 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    From my experience the AI is quite slow at Bilster Berg compared to other tracks with same car.

4. Beastux

Beastux Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +288 / 0 / -0
    A little question: I tried to map a button to the "left click" command (Gameplay command menu) but it didn't work. Any idea?

5. Samuel Moonpie

Samuel Moonpie New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thrilled with the update! UI is a very nice improvement, replay options are so very nice to have for video creations, FFB is very good but I always thought it was good. I noticed today while jumping into a private server with a friend that the password box is a bit glitchy and blinks on and off. I was able to get in the server but it was a difficult time doing so with the on and off of the password box. Thanks for all the work you did to create this amazing racing sim.

6. Nik Johnson

Nik Johnson New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Great update. Amazing BMW235 new physics.Even wanted to create my own championship for 20 races in this class.

Unfortunately I found out that you cannot change fov on cameras other than the cockpit.Sometimes I use other cameras to feel the speed. Now they default as old Fov - 1.3.

7. Mauricio

Mauricio Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0

Consult after the update I do not see tire smoke, but if I see dirt, I have configured the visible particles to the maximum ..
    but I don't see smoke ...

8. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Damn, that's true. For me they default to my old settings - x0.6, that's why I didn't notice it at first. @Andi Goodwin

As a workaround try changing it directly in the graphics_options.xml file in Documents\My games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData. You're looking for this line:
    <fovScale type="float32">

Change the number to whatever you need, mine looks like that:
    <fovScale type="float32">0.60000002</fovScale>
    Don't mind the strange "0000002" part, yours might even have "9999999" or anything like that. Just remove that stuff and put whatever number you want, doesn't even have to be in a 0.1 step increment.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2021
  9. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mauricio

Mauricio Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0

Any idea that may be happening ...

The graphic configuration is exactly the same in both shots of the video ... one with smoke the other without ... Grateful for any suggestions Slds.

11. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    I´d like to report a bug: for ADAC GT Masters on the timing screen there always is only the first driver mentioned, even if the second driver is actually in the car. This can be seen for instance if you click on Dienst´s time, in the race monitor you will see Frommenwiler. I think the instant replay also has the wrong names.

12. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Have you tried deleting or renaming the graphics_options.xml in Documents\My games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData? To let the game rebuild it with default values.

13. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    My opinion about the new FFB after an evening trying:

I really like it a lot. Weight transfer an DD1 is perfect, had a lot of fun with it, going with the rear end on the curb on exit of Schumacher-S and feel the car going into the dampers and out of it again.
    I really have to say, it's a huge step forward.

But one problem still, Like many others say: the wheel gets to hard while cornering. If I want to avoid that, I should go down with the setting, bit then the rest is too low.
    So my settings are that everything feels superb but cornering is too hard.

And thanks for the sparks. They are ridiculous fun.

14. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    I think I saw this before. When running GTR3 races I noticed that the names I see in the list of drivers before the race aren't always the same as the names I see on a race position bar.

15. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    I saw this before you saw this before ;), because it has been there for quite some while, also with GT Masters 2018. Only wanted to report it so it can potentially be fixed soon(er or later).

16. anno900

anno900 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    I think it has to do with driver change at ADAC GT Masters and if you don't use pitstops.... A little bit odd for an offline championship.

17. Mauricio

Mauricio Active Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0
    @Maskerader
    All the reason THANKS THANKS enough with renaming "graphics options.xml" the graphic was reset and "VOILA" Merci ..

• Like Like x 6
  18. F1mre

F1mre New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hi,

The position display on top of the screen and the virtual mirror overlap for me. Also, the position display does not fill the full width of my 21:9 sceen resolution.

I've attached a picture with the issues.

Imre

Attached Files:

19. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    I really like the new UI and the replay system is outstanding. Good work on those.

• Like Like x 1