Raceroom New FFB vs Old FFB

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Turtle Power, Jun 26, 2021.

?

Your personal preference regarding the new vs old FFB

Poll closed Jul 6, 2021.
  1. I like the new FFB

92 vote(s)
    71.9%
  2. I prefer the Old FFB

14 vote(s)
    10.9%
  3. Neutral

9 vote(s)
    7.0%
  4. Not sure what I like more

13 vote(s)
    10.2%
  1. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Your personal preference regarding the new vs old FFB. I am really curious to find out what do you think?

2. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    You should have had one more option!
    "I fricken love the new FFB!"

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    I think I am going to start a new poll about how many threads we need to have discussing exactly the same topic.

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +563 / 0 / -0
    I don't think we can even imagine a number that big :D

• Funny Funny x 5
  5. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
  6. fbiehne

fbiehne Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +110 / 0 / -0
    New FFB is hands down better in every aspect.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  7. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    The new FFB is way better than the old, the only thing i miss is the scrub effect.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    I can´t judge it, but I voted for the new one because it gives a nice driving feeling.

• Like Like x 1
  9. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Voted!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  10. gio_vtec

gio_vtec Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    Really something new and enjoyable, even with my g29 :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Danny Michael

Danny Michael Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    I didn't like the initial feel on my CSW 2.5, but with the help of a couple people in the forums I'm sold 100% on the new. I couldn't go back now. Hats off to the team.

• Like Like x 1
  12. AndreasAUT

AndreasAUT Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    DD2 wheelbase here. I like the new setup, even if I havent changed the stock settings ( for excample I dont get any information if I hit the curbs ). Actually, right now I can catch the car if im losing it.
    EDIT: Off course I could not, by default, its set to 0% - I changed that. :-D

Yesterday on the red bull Ring with that X17 formula car, I just drooled because of the FFB change. High speed on the straight, my wheel was sooo stiff, it´s a difference like night and day.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2021
  13. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    DD Mige OSW Simucube 1 here.
    First of all, great work and I trust it will get much better in the coming months. I simply love the road bumps and gear shift effects.

I am getting closer to liking this new FFB but I won't be fully satisfied if I don't get the following:
    1. Engine vibrations at higher and lower speeds;
    2. Tyre slip vibrations
    3. Strong or exaggerated kerb effects
    4. Stronger oversteer feel.
    5. Less spring effect.

Thanks & Regards

14. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    I'm using a CSW 2.5 and the only thing I've done to the default settings is ramp up the Bump Amplification to 20%
    @Turtle Power
    Do you feel the tyre slip? I can feel the wheel go a little loose when the front starts slipping and feel the latteral force when the rear starts to give way. I can even feel when all 4 are starting to lose grip in a balanced slide!
    but I don't feel any vibration

If I over steer too much the force is very strong and can be hard to correct because of the strong force

The only vibration I feel is after leaving the track where theres a gritty vibration from the dirty tyres until the become clean

The curbs feel great on my wheel base. I can feel the different types of curbs where some are prety smooth but I can feel when I mount them, some are a little grrry and some are realy harsh. I feel what I expect to feel based on what the curb looks like.

What I really love is I can feel when my wheel leaves the curb when I going too wide onto the green stuff! I know exactly where my tyres are. I can even feel the bump when cutting a corner as I go over the curb then off track then back on the curb,

15. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    I cant feel any tyre slip vibrations and I miss it a lot. I can feel the wheel go a little loose as suggested.

After leaving the track a gritty vibrations make no sense to me at all but i think it has been said that this is something to do with the tyres. Its really odd at this stage. Maybe it needs to be reworked. The curbs as you have suggested is coming through my wheel too but very weak and sometimes I don't get it at all no matter how fast I am going. I really miss some canned effects for the purposes of immersion. Raceroom was very good at creating canned effects which is why I fall in love with it. I want to fight my wheel.

16. RDEstevao

RDEstevao New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well, not sure about the work involved, but since the old feedback was already in place, would be that hard to have an option to use or the old FFB, or the new FFB in the options?
    Of course the OLD FFB would not be maintained any longer, but would be available "as is", as a Legacy FFB.
    The old was nice, specially for lower end wheels, and I do understand people miss it. It was informative and long habits die hard.
    This being said, I have a T300RS and prefer the new one.
    I think this would be the only win/win situation.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    It's called dirt pick up. A sticky slick tyre will come out the other side of an excursion with all sorts of debris stuck to it.
    This is a tyre which has been off line and picked up a load of rubber marbles:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. memoNo1

memoNo1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Hello Alex.
    Can you please explain to me how a TCR car in RL feels on the steering wheel that starts to understeer?

19. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    Touring cars are so well refined these days that grip drop off is quite progressive. The WTCR drivers who helped with development explicitly said there is very little torque steer and almost no wheel spin even out of very tight turns. They just grip and grip.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for your feedback.
    I understand that part but this happens every time, for instance when you start moving the car or if you release the throttle at lower speeds with or without dirt on tyres still happens. Not sure what that is? Unless you are talking about different things?

And by the way, I am a big sucker for vibrations. I just love it as it make things more immersive (at least for me which is why I would like to have engine vibe at all times without fading out at higher speeds).