I prefer the old FFB

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by neil, Jun 23, 2021.

1. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0

Damping in the game is only used for static friction , so we recommend running at 100
    The moment you start to roll no more damping signals are sent to the wheel

Andi

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +74 / 0 / -0
    Hello can you share your settings TS PC owner as well here
    Thanks

3. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Some cars feel very bad and left for dead no matter what you try with the ffb. Hopefully devs will look into it soon. For example GTR1 is left for dead, GTR2 is showing signs of being out too. Some cars like BMW ALPINA B6 GT3, CHEVROLET CAMARO GT3 FORD MUSTANG GT3 P4-5 COMPETIZIONE GT3 feel so old and rusty.

4. KudBkuik

KudBkuik Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Andy. I understand regarding the game-damping (Direct-Input effect in SimuCube) but, I'm referring to the hardware damping. DD-wheels generally require some amount of damping there to control rotational speed.

5. carlos de hoz

carlos de hoz Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I personally feel that the changes are horrible, I have already tried various configurations and none of them give any information about the rear axle, nor loss of grip from the front, the pianos and curbs disappeared, and I have gone through all the ffb updates and without hesitation this one for My is the worst, I already deleted myself from my competitions, because that way I don't have fun, nor is it immersive at the moment it will continue on my hard drive, as it has been since 2017 but it is time to pay the boat, luckily there is a choice

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Hang in there, I trust that Sector 3 will release many patch updates soon that may contain something for you and me too. For example some extra canned effects that will exaggerate FFB and be able to please those who were/ are enjoying extra immersion.

As for the current FFB update, I think it's a good move, brilliant work and more accurate.I personally like it and hate it just to be fair. Maybe because I miss canned effects so much. I was giving me the impression of driving a real car. Most people turn effects off which fair enough but I like to fight my wheel and feel madness. Not referring to a strength or stiffness of the wheel. I am talking about the information details, pulling forcers, strong curbs and vibrations. This is how I like it.

Finally, don't give up and spend some time tweaking and racing. Eventually you will find a sweat spot for now. Later as I said will be more options for sure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Very unlikely.

8. azaris

azaris Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    I doubt the weird bump steering tyre forces or rig-shattering kerb effects are coming back.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

10. carlos de hoz

carlos de hoz Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I still think that any previous ffb was better, I just needed to continue polishing a better sensation of asphalt in a straight line. the pianos were fantastic. the oversteer was superb, a shame for me for not understanding the new direction of the ffb, I'm happy for the others and by sector 3, and enjoyed a lot, this game but nothing is forever everything has an end

11. TechnicMOC

TechnicMOC New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I like the new FFB, but changing my Fanatec wheel setting to DRI:-2, FEI:100 help give it more life.

12. ajopp1

ajopp1 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    To me with a Thrusmaster TMX wheel this is a massive improvement (I may have already mentioned it somewhere else). I don't know, maybe before the update I had the FFB dialed in wrong, but driving in RR was not pleasurable at all for me and I had to force myself to do my league racing in TCR (not to mention GT3s which felt really bad compared to ACC).

Also, I can feel the road, bumps, kerbs etc. perfectly fine with my TMX, so for you that have Thrustmaster wheels, make sure your firmware is up to date.

13. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    I installed the firmware yesterday and I have the same wheel. I don't feel the bump in the road, just as I didn't feel it before.

14. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    test with this
    minimum force at 3%
    ffb linearity at 70%
    bump amplification at 30% or more

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. A Warringa

A Warringa New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I bought a ts-pc a couple of months ago and with that the ffb in Raceroom was so horrible that I actually stopped playing when I read a ffb patch would be released. It immediately felt much better, but after a couple of hours I really started to enjoy it.
    The only 'extra' ffb setting I use is the shifter ffb, I put that at 50%. Love feeling the 'clank' when I'm shifting.
    I also assigned ffb+ and ffb- to one of the dials of my wheel. I did notice most/all cars have a default ffb that's too low, maybe that's an issue for some users, not knowing that you have to dial in the ffb force per car?

16. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    How much do you suggest? For me it feels ok at 0 natural damper, 0 natural friction and 0 natural inertia. I have been playing with natural damper at 10%, but I haven't quite decided what I like the most yet.

17. Rexx Fernandez

Rexx Fernandez New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I shelved this game for many months, but now i can't get off my rig...
    The NEW FFB with my DD1 has completely blown me away..
    Can't see myself firing up ACC or AMS2 anytime soon, ACC feel robotic and boring, and AMS is fun but bouncy and kinda broken random physics... RaceRoom is Great work, well done Sector3!

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  18. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I don't have one so I can't say. Experiment and see what feels best for you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  19. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    or example

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  20. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I re-installed the game and it's better, but still not good (TS300). The track either feels dead, or by playing with the linearity/bump effects the best I can get is a uniform rumbling of the wheel, just like a controller. There's no way I can get the old kerb vibrations or crash effect, and that rumbling is just annoying.
    On a positive note, the grip feels better making cars like the Tatuus much easier to drive.