Raceroom New FFB vs Old FFB

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Turtle Power, Jun 26, 2021.

?

Your personal preference regarding the new vs old FFB

Poll closed Jul 6, 2021.
  1. I like the new FFB

92 vote(s)
    71.9%
  2. I prefer the Old FFB

14 vote(s)
    10.9%
  3. Neutral

9 vote(s)
    7.0%
  4. Not sure what I like more

13 vote(s)
    10.2%
  1. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Finally, regarding the new FFB, I managed to dial in and found a sweet spot in combination with my tactile feedback/ buttkickers. It works well as a combo and I am getting pretty much everything I wanted. My vote has been changed to "I like the new FFB". If I didn't have buttkickers, I wouldn't be fully satisfied and that is my honest opinion.

Sector 3, add more if you will but don't take anything away from the current FFB please.

Cheers

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Vi42per

Vi42per New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    @Turtle Power Good to know, someone mentioned in a different thread (maybe even you, I can't find it), that the tire slip is not felt through the wheel, but it is present in the buttkicker. Can you confirm that? It is not an ideal solution, but it is at least something to eventually consider then.

3. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    @Vi42per
    With my CSW v2.5 I can definately feel the slip in the wheel
    It's more gradual than that previous canned effect and no where near as obvious but what's better is that I can now feel how much slip there is! The old canned effect just told me there was FW slip; not how much, it was a binary on or off but the new ffb is indicitive of the amount of slip.

I know this is gonna sound wierd but it now feels more like a lack of grip as opposed to tyre slip. I think this is because there is still quite a lot of lateral wieght in the wheel where the old canned effect just killed that latteral weight and made the wheel feel loose

4. Piston Broke

Piston Broke Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    After much thought and testing i have come to a conclusion. I have had RR3 since the rocky beginning, i love rr3, always have, i love the new ffb...mostly, what i cannot forgive, is the complete absence of collision FFB, how can anyone call it a sim when you can crash / bump into another car and there's no feedback at all, canned or otherwise, the fact that simbin can just brush this off as have MANY youtubers, is imho unforgivable

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    As far as I can remember, the tyre slip was present in form of vibrations and a slightly lighter steering feel which was great in my opinion. I miss it a lot.

As for the buttkickers, mine are set to simulate strong road bumps, vertical load, impact, gear shift and engine vibrations because that is how I like it. Hence that I am using Simvibe and noticed that Raceroom is a black sheep in Simvibe and very limited in terms of options. I can not recall any tyre slip options from Simvibe? Don't care because I am happy with options as mentioned above.

Furthermore, Simvibe provides a bunch of options for ACC and iRacing and it can give you pretty much everything (brake lockup, tyre slip, suspensions feel and much more)... Simhub is another great software that can deliver many desired effects.

I hope this helps a little.

6. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    ffb collisions are however present on my simucube 1

7. ak1982

ak1982 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yes that was me. I only get the Tyreslip Effect on my Bassshaker. Cant drive without shakers anymore. Steering feels so emty without. But i miss it a lot on my Wheel too

8. Bulld0gUK

Bulld0gUK Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    It looks to me the canned effects on simhub no longer work.

The tyre slip function on simhub seems to be housing all current or some effects from raceroom.

9. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    I am getting some weird vibrations in simvibe when I use oversteer effect. I tried this just for the sake of curiosity. It's hard to find a good balance between the volume and other values. It's either too strong or nothing. I am not fuss about it but if it helps a little that is the case in simvibe.

By the way, I could never get around Simhub and it was too confusing for me.

10. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Can we have the collision effect backt to the thrustmaster users.TS-PC here,please..
    we have none!

11. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +562 / 0 / -0
    You are probably talking about two different things, you will be able to feel any collisions that would affect the steering irl. So when the car is rotated by the hit mostly. We don't model direct hits to the side of the tire in the FFB, because that is just unnecessary and dangerous on some wheels. What you are probably missing is the old collision effect which would give you a jolt in the wheel when there is a collision from any side, which is not in the new FFB.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. MattStone

MattStone Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +169 / 0 / -0
    Yup; it’s the only thing I miss with the new ffb

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Turtle Power

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    I miss canned curb and tyre slip effect. I can't see the reason why we shouldn't have this under immersion option? I read that RR is moving away from canned effects but that is just not nice. :oops:

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. carlos de hoz

carlos de hoz Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Dangerous with a slider from 0 to 100? Well, I tried it, but with a lot of pain I left it and I un-sealed it so as not to see it in my library, I caused more pain, from love to hate there is a very fine line, before I just loved him , his ffb could be better or worse, but it was unique, different, now it's just like other sims, can it be better than before? possibly, but I personally don't like it, and playing something I don't like is not good , and more if you liked before. the truth is that I'm not angry, just sad, besides life is like that, friends. couple, get lost in life. and you find others. thank you for everything. and I hope it is a see you later to oo better from here 1 year returns a new ffb, that seen these last years, it would be possible

15. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    I bumped with my front in the rear of the car in front of me and there is/was no FFB effect.I think it is a bit unrealistic.So that is why i asked for it.

16. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    (don't really) Try hitting something with a car IRL in the straight line. Why would you expect your steering wheel to move?
    Like Alex wrote there would be only is your car rotated due to the contact and that force is present in current FFB. The other option is if something hit the wheel from the side and that is not modeled, because in case of a powerful DD wheel it could break someone's arm.

What you're looking for is a fake effect that gives you a clue about the contact. It's a fake effect that gets in the way of you controlling the car like you should be able to.

17. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Yes , i understood that.So all fake effects are gone now.But you were used to it as it is in other sims.
    I have no car irl,so,i did not caused a accident as a driver ,only as a co-driver,but what he felt through the wheel,he can't remember....:)

18. Piston Broke

Piston Broke Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    RUBBISH, if you have ANY contact in a car with another car/ wall/ lampost/tree/ small child...you FEEL IT, this is completely absent in this game now and that's what's unrealistic. When you reverse into a bollard parking your car, you don't spin off, you don't go anywhere, BUT, you do feel it. I'm sorry, but the excuses devs and fanboys are coming out with are just insulting.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Not through the steering. The game is simulating steering forces.

20. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    You feel it with your ass in the seat,but not through the steering wheel/rack,as the devs impilmented it like that.I don't like it.A bump is a bump and should be felt,even when it is a "fake" effect,but not unnatural irl.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1