Resolved Logitech Wheel and GHub issues? Going back to LGS with a G29/G920

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by CaptainCoffee, Jun 8, 2021.

1. CaptainCoffee

CaptainCoffee Esports Manager Beta tester

Ratings:
    +196 / 0 / -0
    Hi there!

As most people already know, GHub has become the official successor of LGS. However, GHub has been having issues for a couple of years and despite thousands of complains, there is still no fix.

So, we're going to uninstall GHub and install LGS.

However, if you previously installed GHub, there's a big chance that your device has been renamed and will not work with LGS out of the box. We're going to have to perform some magic tricks in order to reset this.

Step 1: Check if your device has been renamed
    Go to start and type joy.cpl, then enter.
    how_to_open_joy.cpl.png
    A popup will show with the joysticks plugged in. Check if the name of the G29/G920/G27 includes Ghub like this:
    ghub_renamed_g29_because_its_buggy.png
    Step 2: Unplug the wheel(!), uninstall GHub, restart the PC
    Step 3: If your device has indeed been renamed, do this:
    Go to start and type regedit:
    how_to_open_regedit.png

Now comes the tricky part:
    [​IMG]
    There could be multiple VID_046D&PID_C directories and or different names. Make sure to check all of them.
    ghub_renamed_g29_with_ghub_multiple_times.png
    Found them? Good. Select the VID_046D&PID_ directory and delete it. Every directory you find there where it says something about G29 or G920, delete it.
    Step 4: Reboot the PC (and yes, this is important)
    Step 5: Install LGS
    There are many fake and broken URLs, but this one is always working: https://support.logi.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025298053
    Step 6: Reboot the PC (and yes, this is important)
    Step 7: Plugin the wheel
    Step 8: Let LGS install the wheel, then, reboot again (and yes, this is important)
    Step 9: Finally! Your wheel is working again

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2022
  2. houdinibe

houdinibe New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Nope. Output force still weak. The 100% ffb = not 100% of the possibility of the wheel, Keeps feeling weak

3. olli.iphone

olli.iphone New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Uninstall G-Hub, delete everything you have on your computer what contains G-Hub and reinstall G-Hub and then do the updates in the GHub software!!! it works already i have a G920!! LGS is old and did not connect corect with RR to do the right FFB job!!

4. CaptainCoffee

CaptainCoffee Esports Manager Beta tester

Ratings:
    +196 / 0 / -0
    Are you 100% sure you did the steps and the name of the wheel does not include ghub?

Same as above, if the name contains ghub it does not work with LGS, but that is described in the opening post. That is the likely reason why LGS did not work for you.

But if it is working now, one way or the other: clap emoji
    Just wish their software wasn't as buggy so it wouldn't take days to figure out the problem :sweatsmile:

5. NicoCL68

NicoCL68 Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    I follow the instructions. And my FFB is back. Also FFB Meter works again.

Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  6. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Just the LEDs?

7. gio_vtec

gio_vtec Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -0
    For me at first didn't work following the steps as the OP explained. So I uninstalled the Logitech software, then searched throughout folders on my Local Disk, looking for any stored folders (LGS and LGHUB) that containing any Logitech data, delete them, and do a clean re-installation of the GHUB. That's how mine got fix.

So make sure to delete all the Logitech folders that are stored in your PC because they make a mess with the wheel.

• Like Like x 2
  8. The18thFret

The18thFret New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Yo!

I just signed up here just to say thanks for this guide. I'm always having connection problems with my G29 using both GHUB and LGS, and after following this guide and now using just LGS like the guide said, everything it working great. Thanks :)

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  9. redxiii7

redxiii7 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Just wanted to ask you guys about what can I do in order to get a better experience with Raceroom's FFB on my Logitech G920. I know this Wheel is the cheapest out there in the market and that there is not much you can expect from it performance wise but; based on the FFB experience I get from other SIMS and SIMCADES with this wheel, RaceRoom's FFB is definitely not working properly. No matter how I set it up, the amount of detail in FFB for bumps, kerbs, sand, grass etc... is very little to none.
    I have read so many good things about this game and its new FFB even from other Logitech users like me, that I find it impossible to believe that what I am getting is the same experience they all are. So, after giving up on looking around the internet for a solution, I thought of contacting you here instead to see if you guys have any advice or secret to it that you would be willing to share in order to fix my issue.

10. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Do you lack details or FFB is weak overall? If it's the former, there's a slider in FFB settings, somewhere near the end of the list. "Amplify details" or "Amplify vertical loads", can't remember..

If it's the latter, check your FFB strength in the setting. If it's still not enough, bind keys to "Show FFB meter", "Increase FFB multiplier" and "Decrease FFB multiplier" and use them to adjust FFB strength while you're driving. This setting, FFB multiplier, is stored on a per car basis.

11. jvc3143

jvc3143 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I downloaded LGS in the first instance, and it worked first time, but now when I plug in to my computer it's saying no recognised devices.