Problem Choppy replays

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Lixma, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    Ever since the June update the replays no longer run smoothly. My display is happily v-synced at 60fps and RR runs perfectly smooth during normal play, but during replays it behaves like like this....

During the choppiness Fraps insists everything is still sailing along at 60fps.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Disable Motion blur and DOF and reduce trees.

3. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    I've got the same problem with my 144Hz monitor. I suspect it's related to the new replay UI.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    I never use blur (even though the potato-quality video might have suggested that) and during ordinary play there's no issue - only during replays does it start juddering.

5. elkingdu50

elkingdu50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    I also got the same problem since the June update. I updated my recording software and my GPU driver to be sure and unfortunately the replay are still choppy for me. Honestly, this is quite a shame because while I really like the new replay interface, my future videos will suffer a significant quality drop because of the choppy replays and knowing I can't do anything about it, I really hate that.

Here is my last video where the footage is quite choppy compared to my previous videos :

6. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    I believe having an option to enable/disable motion blur and DOF on the replays (like iRacing does) would solve the problem...

7. BeefMcQueen

BeefMcQueen Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +183 / 0 / -0
    I don't think it's a blur or DOF related issue. I noticed frame drops mainly with the static replay cam so far. The static shot at Tosa, T7 at Imola for example knocks frames from above 120 down to 70. There's no motion blur involved and DOF isn't a thing, too with such a wide angle shot. Frames immediately jump back beyond 120 the moment the cam is switched to the next corner.

Oli

8. elkingdu50

elkingdu50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    In my case, motion blur and DOF are desactivated, be it in replay mode or when I play.

9. IndEnt

IndEnt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    Hi - for me it helped to regulate the antialiasing via the graphics card - in the Nvidia driver I simply set it to 8x and it runs more smoothly