F1 2015

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Holger53, Jul 10, 2015.

1. Holger53

Holger53 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Anybody noticed the disaster with new F1 2015 of CM?
    I really looking forward when S3 will offer open wheelers:)

• Like Like x 1
  2. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Disaster ¿ what happened ?

3. Holger53

Holger53 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Go to their forum or to steam forum

4. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    The only thing worth going to their forum for is DiRT Rally news ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Holger53

Holger53 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Yes, really like DiRT Rally. It has potential

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    It certainly does, even if it just as a break from the track.

7. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Whats the disaster? I bought it and am having a blast with it. The wheel stuff needs a bit of work (force feedback, deadzones, etc) but other than that, it's fantastic to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Rodger Davies

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    I saw several reviews that were pointing to lack of a career mode, which wouldn't bother me in the slightest - it's the main part of DiRT Rally and Project CARS that I'm not a fan of (programming time spent on defined 'careers' instead of added flexibility with custom championships and custom AI).

I can see lack of safety cars as being irritating as they were well implemented before apparently, which I understand would be frustrating.

Makes no difference for me, not interested in F1, but the criticism seems a little unjust from what I was reading.

9. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    The Career mode not being there does bother me quite a bit as I ran many seasons i the past. The only things I'm disappointed with are the wheel settings and I really wish that Nurburging was available. I know it's not in the 2015 season, but it would have been nice to have it and I'm sure Codemasters already had it done. I take the game for what it is. For me, it's a chance to run the real season, the real tracks, with the real drivers in a season mode and not have to go hunting for a good mod and all the tracks to download, then having to try and run a season and keep track of points on a spreadsheet or scratch paper (since neither Race 07 or GTR2 have a 2015 mod that I can run in a custom season). I do the same thing in R3E with custom championships. Sure it may not have the best physics, or be the most realistic game, but it works for what I want it to do and at this moment, I'm super pleased with it.

edit: Another reason I bought it is just because I'm super pleased with Dirt Rally. If Dirt Rally is any indication for where this studio is headed, then I'm sure F1 2016 will reap the rewards as well.

10. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    No career mode? *Now I'm interested!

*Not really. I find F1 pretty dull these days.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Mike Demers

Mike Demers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    I've owned ever CM game since TOCA. since about F1 2011 and Dirt 2 I have been disappointed and vowed never to buy more and then bought f1 2012, 13 , 14 and GRID and was still disappointed. Dirt Rally was a nice surprise. For my F1 fix for now I dont think you can beat GSCE's F- extreme class. Graphics arent as good as CM but everything else is night and day better.

12. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I agree that GSCE's Formula Extreme is better, but until Reiza have a custom championship tool in place (hopefully the crowdfunding makes that possible), its not much fun to try and run a season with points and add everything up on paper and I'd rather just stick with a game that does it for me. I don't like the Grid games at all, but I don't mind the Formula 1 games. It's a necessary evil for me at least so I can run a full championship.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. yusupov

yusupov Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    agreed with the exception that im really wondering just how necessary that evil really is now

14. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    For me, it's very necessary. If there were any other way to play a full F1 2015 season with cars, tracks, drivers, and points, then it wouldn't be so necessary to me. I can play lots of old F1 seasons with GTR2 and Race 07 by creating a custom championship, but not the current season. R3E is the only major sim out now that supports custom championships and I've gladly supported it for that reason. When you only play single player, having championships is one of the best parts and my other favorite sims(SCE and rF2) don't have that ability. SCE and rFactor have a custom championship tool, but it's far too big of a pain in the ass to use.

15. yusupov

yusupov Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    well, god help me, ive just caved in spite of everything. i really hope there are mass refunds & complaints from console owners as well though, bc codemasters seriously needs to step up their game. no pun intended, damn it.

16. Holger53

Holger53 Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    After small patch today it's getting better - also graphicwise is not so bad.
    At least for me no more crashes - only one when I exit.
    Now I only need to find out how to end/give up a race right in the middle.

Edit: found it

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  17. Rodger Davies

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Can't you just make custom championship GDB files, like with rFactor or GTR2? I thought it was fairly open to easy modding.

18. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    In GTR2 you can but I've never gotten a custom championship to work in rFactor.

19. AMG Vilas ®™

AMG Vilas ®™ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    [​IMG]

crap games graphics in 3D I understand

20. AMG Vilas ®™

AMG Vilas ®™ Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    CODEMASTERS CHANGE NAME NEW NAME BIGBUGMASTERS