News Summer Sale 2021

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Georg Ortner, Jul 13, 2021.

1. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 6
    • Love it! Love it! x 5
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Rapster

Rapster New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    You have made me a very happy man, Georg....and it's usually my gf that does that.

Thank you!

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. PicoBp

PicoBp Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    @Georg Ortner There's something funky with the pricing, it's overcharging even compared to normal price. For example, Leon e-Racer says 50% discount, add all liveries for 4 EUR (2 EUR with 50% discount), 400 vRP. When I add it to cart, it says full price is 1124 vRP, but I get a 48% discount, ends up being 580 vRP in the cart.

Just bought a bunch of tracks and packs before I noticed, so I might have been ripped off on those too. Can you please check what's going on with the whole store pricing mess? Cheers!

upload_2021-7-16_0-36-8.png
    upload_2021-7-16_0-36-25.png
    upload_2021-7-16_0-37-26.png

4. Danny Michael

Danny Michael Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Does the 50% off apply to the liveries? I see 400 + 200 - 20 (for the livery you got with the car) = 580. Just guessing.

5. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    That doesn't work like that. 50% off only applies to individual items. "Car + all its liveries" is a pack, so you only get 25% off on that.

There is one peculiar thing, though. Like with some other cars, your final price will be lower if you simply add all liveries separately. That'd be 575 vRP instead of 580.

However this is not a bug. This is a consequence of different discounts being applied. 50% off on individual items ends up being more than base discount for this pack + 25% sale discount.

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
  6. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Only when you buy them separately.

Well, almost 50%. You pay 15 vRP instead of usual 29 vRP.

No, it's calculated in a different way. There's a base discount for this pack and then an additional 25% discount is applied because of the sale, so you get 580 vRP final price. 50% discount is not applied on anything here.

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. Galadras

Galadras New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Vaya, con impaciencia compré el paquete premium a precio normal hace unos días.

8. PicoBp

PicoBp Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for the info @Maskerader! But the simple fact you have to go this deep to explain it shows how non customer-friendly this is. When I contemplate if I'd want to buy an item, I want to know the price I have to pay. Not provisional, conditional, relative prices. Such behaviour is punished by law in some countries, misleading the customer, false representation of the price. Whatever I see before adding to the cart should match the amount when I click on checkout.

Don't get me wrong, I'm even okay with the higher price. I just can't stand being "scammed" into paying more for something then the sticker price I see. I ask to display either one or the other. A car can't be a car and a pack at the same time, if I buy it from the cars menu, not the packs. It shouldn't be 2 EUR (200 vRP), 4 EUR (400vRP), 5.8 EUR (580) and 11.24 EUR (1124 vRP) depending on which state of adding to cart I am. So which one is it?

P.S.: If your logic is how the store actually works, it should be clearly highlighted during the process. Shouldn't be hard to put it like: "Buy car + all liveries for 333 vRP (222 vRP + 11 vRP / livery)". Or maybe in the cart have it in two lines, one for the car + base livery, and another for the amount of extra liveries.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2021
  9. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    I agree that it's not an easy to understand system but I disagree on the rest. Your accusations on price manipulation or scam hold no weight, at least in this example. You pay what it shows to you - or less.

It says 200 vRP for this Cupra E-Racer. Then it says "Add all liveries for 400 vRP". That'll be 200 + 400 = 600 vRP. However on checkout it says 580 vRP.

It was only your assumption that you should get an additional discount on these 400 vRP, which is not supported by anything in the offer. You can't just point at a price and say "Look, this price doesn't have a discount sticker on it, but I assume I should pay less regardless".

Thinking of it, the liveries aren't included in the offer, the banner only says "50% off on all cars and tracks"...

Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
  10. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    However:

1) I see your frustration: you found something you didn't know about and now you're worrying that you might've paid more that you thought you were paying. From my personal experience with the store (and I love to pay attention to such mechanics and nuances) I'd say a probability of you adding items to your cart and ending up with a higher final price than the sum of all items, is very low. I'm really interested if someone can give an example of what items to add to get that.

2) Whether a "car + all its liveries" is a car or a pack, I think is a valid question and I can see how some people might see it as a car. Technically, from how the store works, if you buy multiple items by only clicking once, that's a pack, e.g. several items packed together to be sold as one item. But at the same time, what you get in result is a car - one car, while the liveries aren't independent items, they only work as an option to add to that one car they belong to.

11. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    I agree. I'd appreciate seeing all the separate discounts that are applied to items, not only a total one.

The shopping cart could definitely see some improvement. I have these issues for example:
    1) In its drop-down-list form you can remove items, but you can't see their full names, the space is too small there.
    cart-compact.png

2) In it's window form (when you click "Checkout") it's the other way around: you can see full names, but you can't remove items.
    cart-full.png

3) None of these have links to the items, except the window form with only one item in it. Add another one and they are reduced to a text list.

12. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys, thanks for the sale!
    My content is almost up to date again bar some liveries.
    I'm very content with developement of r3e right now.
    Keep it up!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    A livery for a car I already own is shown as 15 VRP. When I try to buy the livery by adding it to my cart it is listed as 29 VRP.

I bought the car as GT3 class so it seems to have something to do with this livery being ADAC 2020 class. BUT either way the store offers it to me at 15 VRP (see pics below - all done within game).

I know what a small amount of money it is :D but there's a principle involved that I hold quite strongly.:)

upload_2021-7-18_10-36-7.png

14. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    In this case you aren't buying a livery for 29 vRP, you're buying a car that was discounted from a full price down to 29 vRP because you already own the same car in another class.

When you click on a livery for a car you don't own, the car is added instead of only the livery. I agree, it's even less clear when you have what they call a "linked discount".

livery-car.png

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2021
  15. ozcanuck55

ozcanuck55 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Brno and Gr. 2 VW. Thank you!
    PS: Good combo....do your self a favour and get these!

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
  16. Hendrick

Hendrick Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    Got premium pack over a week ago and loving every bit of it. Just came across this issue. Can someone kindly explain why I have no access to this content, thank you.

Attached Files:

17. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    it is an old Porsche which is no longer available for purchase. only the GT3 r (2019) is available for purchase

18. Hendrick

Hendrick Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    Thought so thank you