Released June Update out now!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Georg Ortner, Jun 23, 2021.

1. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    A small report on old content I've tested in a few races in Road America:
    - AI driving the Gr.5 DeKon Monza makes strong sparks all the time at race pace
    - The GTO Roush Mustang seems to have an issue with engine sound samples above 7.5K rpm. While driving a sound loop will become noticeably unnatural on long straights from ~7.5K to the limiter. It's easy to reproduce on Road America with the default setup, while it slowly climbs high rpm in 5th gear on the longer straights
    - It's probably been like that for very long, but no hurt to mention: in Macau there seems to be a slightly floating crowd obj on top of a building, so one of the closest guys can be seen with feet in the air from the starting line:
    look_ma.png

Thanks

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    1. Known and acknowledged. Will take some dialing in to get the right amount for each car.
    2. Known and acknowledged. Fix will be included in one of the next updates.
    3. Congratulations on spotting this one. :) Probably won't get changed anytime soon but if the track ever gets a rework this will be fixed.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    Will there be fixes for large AI grids piling up? The AI is still piling up at the starting grid and I cant even run 64 cars now.

4. Dave Brown65

Dave Brown65 Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Impossible to run an AI race on the Nordschleife now. very frustrating.

5. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    I did 90min race on nords yesterday with 50 ai ;) (and 2h, 70+ai race 2 days ago)

6. Fennek

Fennek Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Hello all,

I don't know if the problem has been mentioned yet, but I've been having significant issues in VR since the update.

I play Raceroom only on a VR headset (Rift S). Since the update I have extreme frame drops in the multiplayer menu. It's a slide show with freezes and it only reacts with a delay. This is only the case in multiplayer, not in singleplayer.

When I participate in a multiplayer session and want to leave the session I end up in a black screen. The music is still playing in the background and according to the task manager the application is still running. But there is no other way for me than to close the game with the help of the task manager and restart the game.

Is this also the case for others? Is there a solution for this?

7. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    If I'm not mistaken (not a VR guy) this is a known issue and is caused by using a webhud, like Otterhud f.e.
    So if you have Otterhud or some other webhud running, the temporary workaround would be disabling that by removing the launch parameter.

8. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Btw is that being looked into? Do we know if the hud or the game itself causes the stuttering? Would be great to see some progress in that area, because I truly miss otterHUD in VR.

9. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Yes, we've forwarded our and community findings and it's being investigated. Things just get a bit slowed down this time of the year due to vacations.

10. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    Vacations and vaccinations! :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    There seem to be a small UI issue with the gameplay>hud>"data display style" state when accessing this menu. What is manually set here works ok in-session, but when returning to this menu it'll always show "off" instead of "full data display" or "mini data display" if previously left as so, or after switching it ingame with the 7 shortcut to anything but "off".

Not sure if intended but the 8 shortcut will fail to re-enable the position bar if it has been disabled in the menu, and then after some presses it causes the menu ui to show it as enabled even if it doesn't render. The user must then disable it and re-enable on the menu for it to show again, and for the 8 toggle to work back as expected.

Minor stuff, but I guess it's worth mentioning. Thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    I've been just trying out the new FFB after clearing up some issues with my rig, updates, etc the last few weeks (minimal time these days for sim racing). So far it feels really good! I can catch the rear end routinely, and when i can't I know what happened, not some phantom force that's unmanageable. Just came from driving the F-2 type cars. I need more practice with the car, but was really impressed with the overall feeling of it after coming from some touring cars. In short, really feels like I can dance with the cars when i get in the zone and really put in some laps. Nice work!

13. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to ask, as I've been away from R3E for some time to be up on these details, and/or if current default setups (wheel settings in particular) aren't track specific:
    - Were there any changes to the WTCR default setups on Macau since the ffb changes? I found it unexpected to see a 13º steering lock, which I must raise to something like 17º to be able to do the hairpin. I don't remember in the past having to adjust it, so this is more of a reality check than a bug report.
    If it matters, I'm on a gamepad and it's configured to reach max lock at that such low speed (i.e., under speed sensitivity thresholds). Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2021
  14. Lixma

Lixma Honorary QA

Ratings:
    +174 / 0 / -0
    I think it's standard procedure (in real life too) to increase the steering lock specifically for Macau.

15. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Undoubtedly, and it's just a matter of raising it in the setup as in any other sim, but it doesn't answer question in the post above that was more of a curiosity. P.e, R3E has (or at least had) different default setups when a track requires longer gearing.
    So, my question was if that doesn't apply to lock (anymore?) in Macau, or if a generic default lock for these cars simply has been decreased to 13º in the last months (vs. something slightly higher as 15º before), so this limitation could now be felt on the hairpin. Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2021
  16. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Steering lock has never been track specific in RaceRoom. You always had to increase it manually for Macau from the default 13° with a gamepad.

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Thanks for clarifying. Took a look at changelogs and it seems to have been set to 13 degrees by default as far back as in 2018, which would exclude any recent change.
    Given that there's a big chance I've nearly always picked a 18-19 Civic for Macau, and the "CarSetups\Honda Civic TCR.uvm" is common for all the 18/19/20 Civics (storing a lock value which will prevail on next sessions without requiring a save), I've probably raised it in the past but forgot about it until a recent setups folder cleanup.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Cheeseman

Cheeseman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +265 / 0 / -0
    20210825210359_1.jpg

Honestly, I am disappointed. Seemed the bug with the Spa and Nords pile up hasn't been fixed, it has been getting worse in the mean time where even 64 cars is no longer playable. The bug has been lingering for months, the attempts to fix it has been quite half hearted at this stage. Is raceroom still intending to fix this issue?

EDIT: Adding to that, is it possible to let the cars flip through each other before starting?

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2021
  19. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    A couple of bugs I've noticed, if it's of use to report in any way:
    - I have a 72º h fov set in the game menu, but if during a race I use the Insert key to cycle views, when it returns to cockpit view a much wider default fov will be set, even if 72º remain set on the options menu. Only after restarting a race the proper 72º fov on cockpit camera returns.
    - The fov of the mirror view projected on the cockpit's mirror changes depending if the virtual mirror is on or off. When virtual mirror is on, then the image on cockpit mirrors will become horizontally squished (narrower cars), with an unnatural aspect ratio.
    - Müllenbachschleife shows no thumbnail preview on track selection. - edit: disregard, it's ok now
    Thank you!

PS: I had mentioned z-fighting issues on some cars/cockpits when running in Nurburgring GP, but it just seems like a fp precision issue on that track, as if the Nurburgring track without the Nordschleife section wasn't placed nearer the origin.

(ops, I've previously written this msg in the wrong thread)

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
  20. Fennek

Fennek Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I posted this already in July, but nothing changed since then.
    Here again my problems since the update. Everything in VR.

1. menu in VR is extremely slow. There are very few frames per second.
    2. when a session is ended, I can't get back to the menu. The display stays black but I hear the music from the menu. The only thing I can do then is restart the game.

Is there no solution to this at all? There are no other programs running in the back (Otterhud or CrewChief) that could cause these problems. Before this update, these things were running fine.

PS: On some tracks the sky doesn't seem to stay in place. When I move my head then the clouds in the sky also move back and forth a lot. This is the case with several tracks.