Raceroom New FFB vs Old FFB

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Turtle Power, Jun 26, 2021.

?

Your personal preference regarding the new vs old FFB

Poll closed Jul 6, 2021.
  1. I like the new FFB

92 vote(s)
    71.9%
  2. I prefer the Old FFB

14 vote(s)
    10.9%
  3. Neutral

9 vote(s)
    7.0%
  4. Not sure what I like more

13 vote(s)
    10.2%
  1. canF1

canF1 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    It's big news for wheel users yes but also a big impact for gamepad users. It was working flawlessly, I don't remember myself complaining about ffb(or rumble effect as they say) of gamepad before.

It's completely different for me and i can simplify the differences down to two factors,
    'kerbs'1' are now accented too much because 'traction loss'2'(like burnouts to exaggerate) are not there like they've used to.
    I can feel even tiny differences because I do need and benefit from every bit of ffb/rumble effect, and I'm not a slow driver.

I'm using xbox 360 gamepad for years, for everything, including ACC and BeamNG.drive, very happy with it generally.
    I was talking about superior gamepad support of RRE, analog sector with return multiplier settings were the reason for that. And they are still there, i can fine tune those and get good results everytime.
    But for new ffb, Maybe those refinements should include some specific/seperate sliders for traction loss, for hitting kerbs etc. Because other than that i can't see a way to get close to old(and good) ffb.

I can further describe if needed.

2. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Like I said above, gamepad FFB is not considered finished atm, so I'm collecting data and feedback to forward to the devs so we can make it as good as possible within the new FFB environment.

What I'd like to ask you is whether you're using a corded or a cordless Xbox360 controller?
    In case you're using a corded one and you have access to a cordless variant, please try the cordless one and create a fresh controller profile for it.
    It doesn't really make sense right now and it's just a theory of mine, but so far everyone using a cordless gamepad reported the new FFB working and everyone using a corded one had some problems, so this would be a worthwhile test.

3. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    You got to have R.O.B. for the gyroscophic effects, and the Power Glove to feel rumble. With out both, you're not playing with power.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. canF1

canF1 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I'm using wireless version, which is a version sold with receiver as a bundle essential to Windows(marketed like that, link to product), tried with a fresh profile. I can't see why the difference I feel is about the controller itself because I can still drive fine with other sims and get good ffb, my hardware didn't lose it's ffb resolution or strength.
    With old ffb, slip effect was there even with lower angles&tiny slips and it was continuous, now it's discrete and there is not enough output with lower angles, less slippery conditions. When angle reaches higher values, it starts to get obvious but it's becoming too late because car is not recoverable from that moment.
    Kerb effect is a different story, very powerful and detailed, maybe a bit too much.
    I see a legacy ffb option is far from practice. So seperate ffb power sliders for kerb&slip effects should be considered if you "can't make it as good as possible within the new FFB environment" by default.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. daniel 2

daniel 2 New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    I must admit that this sim has been installed and uninstalled on and off for the last few years. I have loved it for it’s AI and sound but the FFB have been the only thing missing for me personally to be able to enjoy it as much as I would have wanted. I’ve been sim hopping for quite a while between AMS2, Assetto Corsa and RF2 and ultimately ditched sim racing completely due to the fact that there’s always something missing but OMFG This update is the best thing that has happened since I don’t know when. Great content, epic sounds and now the FFB to match it all. So thank you for making me enjoy this beautiful game once again.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  6. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -0
    Finally got time to really test the thing with my TSPC RACER and I am happy with the new FFB

I had to increase road bumps effect significantly and also play with the the multiplier car by car so the experience is satisfying actually better than prior update

I like how the FWD cars felt before and it’s improved further
    To me RRE has the best feel for these cars compared to all sims I own

I have become a fan of AMG cars in recent years, own a baby one IRL so I really enjoy the GT3 versions in the game even more now

I would say well done Alex

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2021
  7. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 5
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  8. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Despite my hatred for RF2 again, the FFB tyre scrub is really nice and informative... I wish RRE new FFB will eventually provide such type feedback to sync with the audio during long and tight corners...

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
  9. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    Even though most of us agreed on a brilliant new FFB, for the sake of your loyal Raceroom fans, please give us our old curb, tyre slip and other mentioned effects as optional. Some users don't care about it, but many Raceroom fans care, and we loved it. In addition, thanks for keeping the 'gear shift' effect. This one is gold and absolutely brilliant for immersion.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. ⅀ℕiↅϻΔ

⅀ℕiↅϻΔ Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    For now I quit playing R3E and i play it since 2013 and before GTREvo,Race07 but the new throttle map and now the new ffb.
    Yeah how to say? On other forums things get hostile if you say anything about new FFB :confused:
    This all reminds me of a spech of my old Master where i had my apprenticeship
    1000 flys cant be wrong shit must taste great :D
    Or
    Why change a running working engine
    The new FFB is different sure but better?
    No road feel, Now i have heavy Clipping, super strong FFB on spinning or counter steering and many more.
    Or i am missing the small things like the swing of the engine you see and feel on the wheel or shift effect.
    I NEVER enabled it but i had a light shifteffect on 1992 DTM for example.
    Before the patching i knew exactly what and when to setup my FFB for a car and enjoy it for a year.
    Now i have to set all car FFB multiplier down it does not make any fun.
    So i tried again Asseto Corsa from 2014 that i never liked and just played 20 Minutes or less.
    But after so many years it is like a good wine it gets better and better.
    WHY? Because they have MOD SUPPORT and 4000 players more :eek:
    I downloaded CM,SOL,CSP and im sorry to say but after setup the FFB onceand use the Contend Manager FFB Tweaks
    (like Set MAX FFB Peak of your Wheel or gyro effect) it feels Amazing.
    Like R3E before the Patch
    Roadfeel,Curbs and the counter steer if the car comes sideways is controlabel not like in R3E just uncontrolabel
    And it looks amazing realistic.
    So lets maybe wait for a new Race Room with a better game engine maybe in 2030 :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    1. Most Mods do suck big time, only a few are top notch. I'd rather have quality content from the studio.
    2. Real life cars have different degrees of rotations, power steering vs not, etc... You can't expect a physically based FFB and not have to dial up/down the FFB resistance you want to have on your specific wheel.
    3. Did you reset your defaults like it has been recommended?
    4. You definitely are an angry gamer.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Byebye Enigma. Many weeks of complaining and ever come back to complain again. Why? Why not driving AC with fun and let the S3 people alone? Something must be here what suits you.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  13. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Put him on ignore. I have.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Wasn’t meant that bad. This is meant what I would do if I were him. Having fun at AC if I dislike Raceroom.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. ⅀ℕiↅϻΔ

⅀ℕiↅϻΔ Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Hostile as i said :p

16. ⅀ℕiↅϻΔ

⅀ℕiↅϻΔ Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Oh cool 1.2.3 game i love them im with you
    1 please name one Mod then?a good one and a bad one please otherwise i might think you do not know what your talking about.
    2. :D This made my day! I guess you have NO Driver Licence or driven a real car?
    I would like to know what you mean "Real life cars have different degrees of rotations" is there any other than 900° ? Like a Mini Cooper only has 720° because its smaller and when you have power steering its just 520degree:D
    So my 924 1987 (power steering) has same rotation then my wifes Susuki Swift 2014 (power steering)or my Vr6 1995 (power steering) or my 205 1985 (No power steering) even the tractor for the horses is 900 degrees steering.
    3. Its called Patch notes.There is a recommendation what you have to do when get new FFB you have to read it and follow it other wise the ffb does not work correct you know. also delet the documents folder and do not use OLD car setups.
    4. Wow you do not know me in any way blatant that you make such a view of hate from my post
    now my turn
    1. i reply to Turtle.I do not insult or be hostile in any ways just say what i think at the game at the moment and i play this since 2013
    But you feel addressed to answere? Hmm
    2. Why so hostile? and you call me angry :D:D:D
    LOL pointing 1.2.3.4 and no real statement so just bla bla act like the teacher but a real oppinion as i said you just get hostile answeres if you do not like the new FFB:D
    THX 4 the proof
    Now Dude you may thinking what do I expect from a Forum?
    Help or ideas how it could work better again. Instead, such high-quality answers or insults.
    Maybe like i do in other Forum post if somone has trouble posting setting to help but here lol.

17. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0

many cars have 1080 degrees

also

public warning
    attitude
    trolling
    boring me senseless

Andi

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. ⅀ℕiↅϻΔ

⅀ℕiↅϻΔ Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    So you are the Court fool here? :p you did exactly what i was waiting for answere just to this
    "Yeah how to say? On other forums things get hostile if you say anything about new FFB"
    Can you maybe write whats true? Something with content or statement or maybe just helpfull instead of this?
    You just made proof as i allready said just hostile if you do NOT like the new FFB. ;)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. ⅀ℕiↅϻΔ

⅀ℕiↅϻΔ Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Hi Andi
    Thats new to me i do not knwo a single car with 1080
    Please I would like to know what cars?

20. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    id actually say nearly all do ;
    most steering racks have 1.5 revolutions from the centre to the left and from the centre to the right
    1.5 x2 =3
    3x360=1080°

now shut it

Andi

• Funny Funny x 3