Raceroom New FFB vs Old FFB

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Turtle Power, Jun 26, 2021.

?

Your personal preference regarding the new vs old FFB

Poll closed Jul 6, 2021.
  1. I like the new FFB

92 vote(s)
    71.9%
  2. I prefer the Old FFB

14 vote(s)
    10.9%
  3. Neutral

9 vote(s)
    7.0%
  4. Not sure what I like more

13 vote(s)
    10.2%
  1. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    I thoroughly enjoy the FFB update. I feel more in control of the cars now, even though the extra shaking effects are no longer there. FWIU I'd need some sort of tactile feedback to get those effects now, which is in line with what I feel in a real car. Undulations, bumps and rough surfaces are felt through my body and not my hands, but I understand a lot of players liked those effects. There's some of the effects I liked, but I didn't rely on them that heavily. What mattered to me was how natural the car felt. With the new FFB I can just drive. I no longer need to adapt myself to R3E, or interpret what the FFB was trying to say. I just get on track and the FFB gets out of the way.

Everyone is different. Some loved Raceroom's canned buffet, others didn't, but at the very least, the developers have made a major step forward in the control department. I am sure they hear us loud and clear, and will figure out a solution that'll allow the missing cans of effects to added to the stew. Im good without the MSG, but hey...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Ok, now I know what you mean. Followed your trick now.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. IndEnt

IndEnt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +76 / 0 / -0
    Every now and then I drive a few laps in rF2 - the driving experience (with the newer cars) is just great - a little bit more of the rF2-FFB in Raceroom would catapult the whole thing forwards (my personal feeling), then it would I don't touch any other sim anymore.
    Edit: compared to the rF2-FFB, R3E-FFB seems like 8bit to 16bit in rF2 - can that be possible?
    But as of now, I think the R3E-FFB is absolutely fine, it is definitely going in the right direction! (the DTM 2020 are a blast)

4. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    It works well!! Loving that option now. He doesn't make any sense... If you criticize anything, you must provide detailed repeatable steps along with proposed ideas, alternatives and solutions to the problem otherwise you are simply bitching into the ether...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Piston Broke

Piston Broke Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Your a hostile POC, he has genuine concerns in the way RR3 has gone, and your attitude is STFU and FO, I hate people like you, you are the toxic people in a community

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Piston Broke

Piston Broke Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Detailed? you feel NOTHING when you contact another car or crash, how fricken realistic is that fanboy?

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Piston Broke

Piston Broke Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I'll tell you what S3, the new ffb was/ is lovely, but your omission to include so much of the canned ffb that made this game great is deplorable, even you cannot defend the complete lack of collision ffb, i've been an avid fan of RR3 since day one (when it was really hard to drive), but this? well it's a step to far, let the no contact effect need for speed kiddies play your game, i'm pretty angry about your refusal to admit you've gone wrong here and your refusal to put it right, and the cancel kiddy toxic responses you're now getting on here, only enforce my opinion to give your game a negative rating in future, makes no odds to you, but you've lost another long time fan.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    @Piston Broke collisions took a back seat during the FFB development as all the focus was on driving dynamic far and above anything else.

Most of the team are taking a summer holiday at the moment.

We'll most likely be taking a look at it when we're all back together.

• Like Like x 8
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. FormelLMS

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Oh, is this the new wording in this forum? To be rude and aggressive? A can live without that. That's my opinion.
    It's not a problem to be normal to each other here.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Piston Broke

Piston Broke Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    it's only rude and agressive if someone disagrees with your opinion, that's the problem I have with people like you. If someone disagrees, you vilify their opinions then try to justify yourselves by being all high and mighty, people like you are exactly what is wrong with this world, stifle any opposition or oppossing view by denigrating it and if possible cancelling them

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  11. Piston Broke

Piston Broke Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Thank you for your answer, I hope it gets sorted out.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    What's wrong with you "hateboy"? I have been saying, via many posts, that we now have a solid FFB foundation that can built upon and add more features. If you understand software development, you would agree with the release approach RRE has taken. Actually, no worries, the world doesn't need to additional hate mongers. The cool thing is now, I discovered an "ignore" option in this forum exactly for people like you... Boom, you got silenced!!

13. FormelLMS

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Do you know something?
    I think you are not able to read abd understand correctly in your blind hateful brain.
    My opinion is not that you seem to think.
    You don't need to be aggressive against me.

But now the other thing: let this personal thing here. It's no need to get that personal against someone. This is disrespectful. We're talking here about a racing game and his FFB. No need to be such an asshole as you seem to be here. So tone it down.

And then read my post again and you will see that it my meaning wasn't that everyone with another opinion like me have to shut up.
    So please get your anger down, try to think and act like a normal human and read it again. And if you have questions with understanding (probably Because English is not my native language or other problems on your side) you can ask if you understood it correct.
    This is what normal people will do

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    In my view, for those who miss canned effects (myself included), there is no need to drop Raceroom or attack each other. Once again, the new FFB is a brilliant move forward. Right now, we need to thank developers for their excellent hard work. They need a little bit of time to rest, and they won't stop improving FFB. Eventually, they will come up with more awesome stuff as they always do.

• Like Like x 6
  15. Piston Broke

Piston Broke Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    In this post alone, you call me hateful, aggressive and an asshole, so who is the one being disrespectful?
    You live in your own world of double standards mate, it's ok for you to put people down, be sarcastic, aggressive and hateful, but it's not ok for someone to pull you up on it?
    I rest my case, i'm just going to put you on ignore.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  16. FormelLMS

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Then read your own posts my dear. These are your own weapons.

17. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Should we just calm it down lads? No one wants to see this.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. ⅀ℕiↅϻΔ

⅀ℕiↅϻΔ Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    WOW :Dnice language pretty anti-social

19. Bulld0gUK

Bulld0gUK Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Calm down ladies and take it to the virtual track, nothing ever comes from a thread derail as any useful feedback will get lost.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. ⅀ℕiↅϻΔ

⅀ℕiↅϻΔ Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Yep i hope so they will find that sweet spot again for my t500 ... as i said befor and earned hate.
    At the moment im not satisfied with new ffb it is better yeah but in some ways i get strange ffb behavior.
    (mega clipping above the ffb indicator)
    I think your right in a half year i guess all will be fixxed.
    Guess as im used to the old ffb for 8 years and it is hard to shake this off:D

• Agree Agree x 1