How do you feel about electric cars in RRE?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vale, Sep 22, 2021.

?

How do you feel about electric cars in RRE?

Poll closed Oct 6, 2021.
  1. Great! I love electric cars

5 vote(s)
    7.9%
  2. I have them because they were in the premium pack and use them

2 vote(s)
    3.2%
  3. I have them because they were in the premium pack but don´t use them.

4 vote(s)
    6.3%
  4. I decide what to buy on how it drives, electric or petrol makes no difference.

19 vote(s)
    30.2%
  5. I don´t like electric cars in the game

24 vote(s)
    38.1%
  6. I have no opinion on the matter.

4 vote(s)
    6.3%
  7. Other

5 vote(s)
    7.9%
  1. Super Nova

Super Nova Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    It would rather be hybrids on the game. The management is more interesting. I think of the Porsche 919, Audi R18, Toyota ts050, Toyota gr010, f1 hybrid ... there is a big lack in raceroom. I see raceroom as a very good touring gt/game but that's it

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. rubenbatista

rubenbatista Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Not a massive fan of eletric cars, but ETCR is actually pretty cool to watch irl with great drivers like Farfus and Eng. The cars look great too, especially when pushed to the limit. So I decided to buy the Cupra E-Racer a few weeks ago and it´s such a fun car, really difficult to master though. Glad they added it to the game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Okay, I searched for a bit and found that it's not "many times less", but still we need a significant increase in electric power generation in order to fully switch to electric vehicles:
    http://euanmearns.com/how-much-more-electricity-do-we-need-to-go-to-100-electric-vehicles/
    https://www.inverse.com/article/51486-electric-cars-demand-better-infrastructure

4. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    I think they are appropriate for urban transport but the issues with range and recharge points (and time) mean we are not ready yet for long range electric vehicles and probably won´t be by 2035. Then there is the hefty price premium and it´s not really cheaper to recharge them than to fill up with petrol, moreso if you factor in the time you waste. It´s also important to see what USA; China, Japan and India do as there is not much point in banning thermal engines in Europe as it is a drop in the ocean if these other countries continue using fuel.

Regarding the RRE cars, I find they require a specific driving style, which I don´t mind, but I can understand people not liking no shifting, no engine noise, limited max speed etc.

5. MattYKee

MattYKee Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    The violence of the ford and ETCR on corner exit reminds me so much of how F1 cars were in the early 90's. So much torque and acceleration.
    When i saw the word "i love electric cars" haha... I dont love them, they are enjoyable to race in. But its not going to spark my emotions the way a 2005 F1 Super Aguri or Brabham around Adelaide GP would.

The thing is though, this sim would've been uninstalled and forgotten about forever by me if not for the ID.R and ETCR. So maybe im t he one who's biased? Because of the different driving characteristics. It's important to learn how to drive them imo. As no other sim is doing them in a serious setting.
    No official word on why. Cupra do have 4 contract drivers so there should be atleast 4 names on those cars.

The same disappointment is felt with the Volkswagen ID.R which has Duval driving every livery..

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    I have them all mainly for support S3 reasons. Don't like the VW, because its an ugly peace of crap. Did some races in the e-Cupra and have to say it's not that bad. Maybe there should be an e-ranked server every week. And please make the race longer to spice up the event a little with a needed pitstop. Did'nt drive the Mustang yet, just purchased him yesterday.

7. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I don’t like to drive an electric car in RRE. I miss the sound of the engine and I have a hard time to judge the corner speed etc.. no gear reference….

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. jt33396

jt33396 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    I like the electric cars. Dont really miss the whole sound aspect, I think that's kind of a lame excuse in so far as real life tbh. Within sim racing, yeah I can see why people would be off put by no sound, but to me the lack of pickable gears is the bigger issue, but still something you can drive around. Its the same for everyone

Cant say I drive the cars very frequently, but I do enjoy them and they add something to RaceRoom. Hopefully we get Formula E cars.

I think the Mach-e is a joke tho

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. SchlesiM

SchlesiM Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    For me sound is an additional acoustic feedback for rpm and shifting points.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    I don’t think you can judge for me whether I like to have sound or not. Has nothing to do with a lame excuse of course.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. jt33396

jt33396 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Thats kind of irrelevant given most electric cars don’t require shifting at this point

12. jt33396

jt33396 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I mean, I love a Judd V10, but some people’s only reasoning to dismiss electric cars is *just* because they don’t make noise. Kinda childish imo

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0 / -0
    When it's fun for me, it's ready to roll. No matter if it makes bzzzz or raarrwrr. :D

Without the Test-Drive and Leaderboard feature i would've missed out on 2 IMO fun cars already, btw... (ID.R and E-Cupra).

• Like Like x 2
  14. azaris

azaris Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    These electric vehicles suffer from the double whammy of being forced to drive automatic and having an uninformative engine noise that eliminates all sensation of speed for me. Coupled with the massive weight that makes the braking points way earlier than expected, there is an amplified sensation of driving a land whale that does not want to corner ever. I usually give up after three corners of any test drive and they remain unpurchased on my account.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. nickh158

nickh158 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    I can`t stand them, mainly because I can't get the hang of driving them. All that extra weight makes them completely different to drive than 'normal' cars.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. SchlesiM

SchlesiM Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    If course and I'm absolutely aware of that. But the combination of rpm and current gear gives a good feedback of your current speed and the appropriate approach for certain curves without looking on your gauges. For me it's much more difficult to have an intuitive feeling for speed in ecars. Both in sims and real life.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. SchlesiM

SchlesiM Active Member

Ratings:
    +30 / 0 / -0
    Kind of enthusiasm imho. IRL I would sell my Harley if she wouldn't be allowed to give me that special sound some day.

• Like Like x 1
  18. bubblejohns

bubblejohns Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    the cupra is great the IDr and mustang sucks. maybe they need to be kept RWD

19. bubblejohns

bubblejohns Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    duval just that good at driving

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    The Mach-E is pretty fun when drifting. Its an excellent vehicle for hooning around. I find it to be decent break from the norm. So my opinion on it has softened a bit. I wouldn't pick it for racing, but for learning how to drift in sim, its a great option.

• Like Like x 2