Released FORD MUSTANG MACH-E 1400

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Sep 22, 2021.

1. RaceRoom

RaceRoom game.raceroom.com Developer

Ratings:
    +1,964 / 0 / -0

Drive Ford's all-electric Mustang Mach-E 1400 now in RaceRoom! Projecting more than 2,300 lb. of downforce at 160 mph from its seven motors, the Mustang Mach-E 1400, is an all-electric road rocket. It shows just how much performance can be harnessed without using a drop of fuel. The car is perfect for drifting, so let the tyres squeal, draw lines on the tarmac and find the best slide angle!

Join the exclusive competition on Zhuhai International Circuit:
    https://game.raceroom.com/competitions/1396/leaderboard

Get the car in the store, and take it to your favorite track>
    https://game.raceroom.com/store/cars/ford-mustang-mach-e/ford/ford-mustang-mach-e-1400

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    I like the trailer. A bit edgy :D but has atmosphere. However there's something in the way the car moves in the video, that reminds me of arcade games instead of racing sims.

3. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    I got it...

Meh! It just feels slow and heavy. Maybe I'll warm up to it? If not then it'll serve as a diversion when I want to do something else. Perhaps I'll use it to teach myself how to drift in simulations... Isn't that what it's built for?

4. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    I took the car on a test drive. It was an oddly interesting experience. It has nothing in common with cars I like in R3e and yes, it feels very heavy, but also doesn't lose control even when all four wheels are sliding.

5. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Can we not race in races with these cars? Every track I've tried so far with a rolling start ends in all the cars going off the track before starting the race?

edited to add
    just tried a standing start as well and same issue. They just sit on the grid. It doesn't mention on the page that they are unable to race

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
  6. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    I´ve had that with the VW ID car too. Seems to be an issue with electric cars then. My own car also did not want to race.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0

Strange
    I have never had an issue with the VW or the Cupra. I have even run multiclass races on AI and had a blast

8. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    There's definitely something strange with these cars. When I take them for a test drive it starts with a car decelerating and turning right until "Driver control" is enabled.

9. Niko Schrenker

Niko Schrenker Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    took it out for a spin and love it. BUT, recharging is impossible. setting 100% charge in pit menu and pitting does take some time and afterwards it shows me 100% in my otterhud, but in the car's dashboard it's as empty as it was before - was quite surprised as the car suddenly ran out of power after recharging.

10. Nir Tal

Nir Tal Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +53 / 0 / -0
    Wow this is one heavy car :) and it really feels like that in its FFB and agility.
    To me its a bit too much as i mostly enjoy light nimble cars

11. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    It looks like something has recently broken AI on electric cars. Yesterday on another thread I reported the same experience with the Cupra e-racer against AI. No wonder it's also affecting the AI assisted launch of a test drive for the mach-e in the same way as rolling starts.

12. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    This happens in Monza all the time as well in Leaderboard competition mode...

13. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    This is probably something that is being corrected as I type this, but I am having a problem pitting the Mach-E. When I enter the pits, and the Ai takes control (I'm a pleb in this department. I admit it) the Mach-E parks itself at the approach to the pit stalls and then turns off. While it is pleasing to see the Ai is attempting to read my mind, I actually want to keep going.

Does this happen because there's no way to change the battery or fill it up within 10- 20 seconds?

EDIT

All 3 of the electric cars does this, its not just the Ford.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
  14. CaptainCoffee

CaptainCoffee Esports Manager Beta tester

Ratings:
    +196 / 0 / -0
    Correct, it is a bug that has an effect on all electric vehicles.

- The AI has control at the start of a leaderboard challenge, it currently invalidates the first lap but after that, it all works fine
    - The Single Player AI is unable to drive the electric vehicles. There is no current workaround.
    - The AI in Pit (regardless of SP/MP) is unable to drive the electric vehicles. Deselect AI in pit from the settings and the issue is temporarily resolved.

15. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    In other words, there are major bugs in all three game modes with these cars! Would be good to have had full disclosure about bug 2 before, like a mention in the shop (currently unsupported in single player), as not being able to use them in single player is quite a big limitation, considering they are not very popular in multiplayer.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2021
  16. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    I agree 100%. I'd have waited on buying the Mustang till this was resolved.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Niko Schrenker

Niko Schrenker Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    well, worst about the mustang is you cannot recharge the battery.

18. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Unfortunately even after today's patch, AI is broken with EVs. Just started a quick race with the Cupra e-racer, and the AI won't move after green flag (they'll just stop braking).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. MattYKee

MattYKee Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    I dont know what i can say.

Massive disappointment

20. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0