Car wishlist

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xon3, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Muzarati

Muzarati Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Would love to see some dirt! Sprint cars would be great! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Skidmark

Skidmark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    This...

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
  3. Plutarch-Petrarch

Plutarch-Petrarch Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Ugh I bought the Classic Pack thinking Group C was included! Warning to the unwary... by the way is it likely or possible that the Merc Sauber C9 will be added to Group C? - obviously RRRE has a very healthy relationship with Merc already

• Like Like x 1
  4. MartinGT

MartinGT Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    Livery-Wish: Callaway C7 GT3-R, Bingo-Racing 10H of Suzuka 2019

C7.PNG

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  5. Bavarian_Firebird

Bavarian_Firebird Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Hows about TransAm Series and some more US tracks?

• Like Like x 3
  6. Mid Night

Mid Night Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    I'm hoping for this Livery aswell. Corvette and yellow are a perfect match. Furthermore the C7 has really few Liverys so it would be cool to have a variety.

Also following non-GT Masters Liveries would be cool. But the Bingo Racing Livery is number one for me :)

Attached Files:

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. bubblejohns

bubblejohns Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    like TA2. the popular series from america thats run in america and NZ and has an Asian series, a European GT series and a Scandinavian series to name a few :oops:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Joakim Tärnström

Joakim Tärnström Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Speaking as the chairman of the association for the Swedish series, V8 Thunder Cars, I would love to see us in Raceroom :) Whether it is an American series is questionable, though. The concept was originally concieved by fellow Swedes Tony Bryntesson and Hans Emerén, both involved in Camaro Cup who was in desperate need of a new set of regulations. Together with Howe Entreprises they built the new car on a space frame. When testing the car in the US, GM representatives were so impressed that they suggested using their engine to be used (despite the series running with bodies from Chevy, Ford and Dodge). The new regulations were introduced 2010 in Sweden. An estimated 90-100 cars have been sold to the Nordic market. Denmark switched from touring cars to the V8 Thunder Cars-regulations for their highest category, DTC, for a number of years (they are now back to TCR). In the US and Australia wide bodies are used while we are still using the original body width for our championship. The final race of the season was held last weekend, at Ring Knutstorp with a grid of 15 cars, which is very strong considering the effects of the pandemic. One of the cars had a very interesting livery, as can be seen below. The car has been running in the Danish championship and made a start and park by the new owner, more or less to check everything was okey. The car is not sponsored by Raceroom and will receive a new livery.

[​IMG]

• Love it! Love it! x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    :eek: yes, yes, yes ... asap please!!! :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  10. bubblejohns

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    yeah its common and quite sensible for a regional series to run a control engine, for obvious reasons. and theyre all howe made everywhere. it would also cost quite little to change over specs from one region to another. mostly engine and wheels and tires, thats an afternoons work,
    so looks like your running LS's and tires that are actually modern, what trans and electronics you have in it?
    did howe sell them with penske shockers too? thats been something i havent been able to find out if suspension is locked down

Last edited: Feb 22, 2022
  11. Joakim Tärnström

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    To my knowledge, the chassies are delivered clean from Howe and the cars are put together by Performance Automotive in Sweden. We’re using Öhlins dampers. Engine is manufactured by McLaren (USA) nowadays to the exact same specs as before. We’re also running Yokohama slicks. Brakes may vary from series to series too. Gearboxes are also varying. In Denmark they used a sequential gearbox, we are still using the old H-pattern one (unsure of manufacturer, I’m not an expert on the technical stuff, to be honest. My role is more of being an interface between competitors, promotor and federation).

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. bubblejohns

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    so no abs? i know asia series runs abs and paddle shuft to make it more relevant to them
    and 4 on the floor :O you're talking dirty now :oops:

was just looking it up and yeah were running the mclaren made ls9 aswell. i think there was a change because we have 2 and a half championships for political reasons. (some dont like running under cams/ motorsport australia because they get greedy and costs triple) of course out biggest feature is bias ply tires, hoosier were really the only ones excited and put there hands up to sponsor the series. more political shenanigans because when they first came in v8 supercars tried to squash the series and initially banned it from being a support category, because supercars are still scared and up shit creek

• Like Like x 1
  13. Joakim Tärnström

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    GM’s performance division stopped making the engine a while ago, thus the change. Peter Robinson (I assume you’re an Aussie) came to visit us two years ago. Very friendly guy and he seems to be doing great with his series. When it comes to cost vs performance, this is a really good concept, maybe only matched by Radical. The engines are bullet proof. To my knowledge we have had one blown engine caused by internal causes (which turned out to be from a mistake when the engine was renovated) in Sweden and Finland since the engine was introduced about ten years ago. Normally we advice an engine renovation once a year but we have had several engines running three and four seasons without ever been opened up, and once they are opened they look fine. This concept should be quite easy to replicate in Raceroom as the physics are the same for all series, with the exception for a few mods here and there.

14. bubblejohns

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    give them a license to your series ;) yeah here theyre saying 3 years without a rebuild on a 160K car. that is really just so crazy cheap to run for us.
    i was watching an older round at Ahvenisto a few months ago trying to get people to get excited. meme track loved it.
    its strength is is its simplicity and not chasing road relevance, its just pure sceptical and entertainment

15. BreadedVirus

BreadedVirus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    MCLAREN 570S GT4
    ASTON MARTIN VANTAGE AMR GT4
    ALPINE A110 GT4
    TOYOTA GR SUPRA GT4

Chevrolet Camaro GT4.R

FORD MUSTANG GT4

• Like Like x 2
  16. Jason PLAdoh

Jason PLAdoh Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Would still like to see Spec Racer Ford in the game, I know they are not the fastest race car out there, it's more about driver skill & planning.

ta

J

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  17. MartinGT

MartinGT Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    The green black Corvette, which drives in the special tourenwagen trophy, i had already put in as a suggestion, i would also like it. The Corvette in the picture on the right also looks really good:yum:. It would be nice if all 3 liverys come into the simulation,
    as there are generally not many paintworks.

18. BreadedVirus

BreadedVirus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Ginetta GT4 Supercup

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. bubblejohns

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    NZ v8s. the cheaper odder weirder simpler cousin of v8sc, completely different builds so they wont run into licensing issues of supercars and plenty of manufacturers

Attached Files:

20. Fapricio

Fapricio Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I'll go for touring cars:

Toyota Corolla 2020-2021 BTCC (or, in fact, BTCC series ;))
    MG 6 XPOWER TCR 2021 (participates in TCR Asia, for example)
    Subaru WRX STI TCR (participates in TCR Australia)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2