The Sherlock Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HomieFFM, Jan 9, 2019.

1. ShortyBuzzGER

ShortyBuzzGER Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    well, that are only esports liveries, so that will never be released.

2. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    A theory.

As we all know, Sector3 has been extremely quiet lately. The strange thing is that they also have stopped uploading staging builds to their Steam apps on 22 October:

https://steamdb.info/app/218000/history/
    https://steamdb.info/app/211500/history/

This means that whatever it is they have been working on recently can not be tested in the usual way. In my eyes, there are two possible explanations:
    • KW decided to allocate less money to the project, resulting in developers being laid off. I think that's rather unlikely since the developers still seem to be around.
    • Sector3 are planning on leaving the current Steam app behind and moved on to work on a new Steam app. Maybe they are taking RRRE, repackaging it as a "more traditional" game? This way, they could properly utilize Steam DLCs or the Steam Item Store like in rFactor 2. This would also explain why the infrastructure of the current game like the statistics server seems to be crumbling in the last months. They don't seem to have the intention to fix it in the long run. In 2019, they also announced to move their infrastructure to AWS, but that never happened as far as I know.
    In any case, at this point I don't believe that we will be getting a traditional December patch because they would've started testing it weeks ago.

• Creative Creative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Another point is the issue with sales. RRE items went on sale in the steam shop during the last 2 steam sales but it was different in the actual RRE store. Something is likely going on with the game management but your idea is as good as mine what.

4. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    RaceRoom will be 10 years old next year I think. The open beta started in January 2013 and we had participated in the closed beta even before that. So they're either preparing something big, or maybe they're nearing the end of its development cycle? Who knows...

5. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    I was thinking the same the other day. If dynamic weather, custom liveries and a game engine update are not on the table then there are only so many non gimmicky new features that can be added to the game apart from DLC and more Esports or multiplayer matchmaking.

We know some existing cars are on older physics models and that is one area that can be worked on, as well as an updated integrated HUD, but it seems that the development cycle is closer to the end than the beginning and the same goes for Rfactor 2 and to some extent ACC what with AC2 on the table.

6. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    pls no steam item store like in rf2 :D its just awful (agree on overall hunch, something is going on)

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. w.velgersdijk

w.velgersdijk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    It's a bit of a shame that they don't communicate with their customers!

8. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Btw, Discord kinda killed this old school forum format, didn't it? All the forums I used to visit are less and less active nowadays.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, seems like it... Such a shame.

10. siri175

siri175 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Earlier this year when they pulled the discord for GTR3, having just announced it in December, only one thing made any business sense to me: to combine the Raceroom and GTR3 projects. Presumably the new game had a modern engine and Raceroom has all the simulation qualities. As separate projects neither might survive - the Raceroom engine isn’t competitive any more, and a dumbed-down GTR3 sim might go the ways of Project Cars 3 and appeal to almost nobody (no point going up against Forza and GT who are about to refresh their titles). A combined effort, could be a leading-edge sim. And I think Sector 3 devs are super-talented, no reason they can’t make it happen.

That’s off-the-charts speculation of course, it’s just my own hunch, it’s what I would do if I were KW. And maybe a little wishful thinking :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. FeltHλt

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    If thats the case, then i bet on upgraded raceroom, new title would need new licenses (unless specified in the license otherwise)

12. siri175

siri175 Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I agree, and Raceroom is really the only brand that makes sense given the KW tie-in.

13. Super Nova

Super Nova Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    The com of this game is very bad like with gtr3. No roadmap, no message from the developers. TT soon then nothing for 2 months ... Sry but the others arent like that. Currently nobody talks about R3E it even seems to be forgotten by the simracers. Personally I didnt expect anything exceptional for this game but if there is something interesting I would be there o_O

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    • Funny Funny x 2
  15. FeltHλt

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
  16. keanos

keanos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +136 / 0 / -0
    And also a WiP and Preview

17. Super Nova

Super Nova Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    What does that mean?

18. FeltHλt

Ratings:
    +478 / 0 / -0
    changes to non public builds

19. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    I bet it's just J-F committing spaces in the code to troll us

• Funny Funny x 10
  20. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Well, this chart also seems interesting. I'd expect it to be "more popular" before what is believed to be major patch, meanwhile it's at best only two people logged in

upload_2021-12-6_0-44-11.png