R3E Web Dashboard Released

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Stefan Mizzi, Jul 11, 2015.

1. R. Winkler

R. Winkler Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Ok after changing "." and "," under Control Panel/Region and language/Advanced like in the screenshots speedo, rpm, oil temp, oil pressure and water temp are working. You have to do a reboot of your OS to make the changes take effect. Otherwise the app won't start.

But i have two issue left:
    1: The rpm cursor does not match the one in the game. The lower the gear, the more the cursor is going crazy and turning around a few times.

2: Poor performance. I'running the chrome window on a second screen. When the app is turned on it's lagging but fraps is showing 60fps. But this seems to be an issue of my system. When minimizing the chrome window everything is working fine.

Attached Files:

2. Stefan Mizzi

Stefan Mizzi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Hehe, so it is that decimal thing! :) Thanks for testing..I'll make a fix to it. Then you can change back to ","

Regarding
    issue 1...yes, it happens to me at times but I did not figure yet why. hitting F5 fixes my issue, but I'll try to find why it happens.

issue 2...the app is CPU hungry! As it has to render all that data per frame rate of the game! So yes, it might affect your game. ideally you run it on tablet or mobile. having said that, I can definitely improve performance by not rendering data which is not changing. i will work on this next as performance is very important if run on same game pc.

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Flavourlicious

Flavourlicious Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Heey @Stefan Mizzi , how about a digital Motec style phone/tablet friendly version where you can switch between different pages? I visually designed one version with RPM, gear, speed, the best and current lap times and tire temps and degradation. Other versions could focus more on lap times with sector times or more on engine/oil temps!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 8
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
  5. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Super cool! :D I'll see what I can do....

• Like Like x 2
  6. Flavourlicious

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Cool. :) Ooh and in case you have Illustrator, I've attached the file + the font used (Segment7):

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. nipzon

nipzon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    I am thinking of trying this app just need to decide on what mode of viewing. There are a few ways of doing it and thought I might mention that if you have a monitor with PIP can the app be resized to smaller screens? My monitors use display ports as the main input so I add an HDMI cable to one and select PIP. Workes well and it does not feel CPU intensive.

8. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    That is quite interesting and to be honest I have no idea how it will look as I've never tried. Maybe you can tell us :)

9. nipzon

nipzon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    I used it last on RF2 and the setupfu program. I have extra ports on my GPU card as my three monitors use 1xdisplay and two DV-I/E ports leaving the two HDMI as spare. Connect a HDMI cable to any of the monitors and select PIP on that monitor. I the ran rf2 in window mode so I could click on the setup program without exiting rf2. Start the program and drag it to the PIP in windows control panel.
    I could select where I wanted the PIP positioned as top bottom or side and looked quite good as an extra display right there.

10. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    So with this app, it would be easy to try then. Just fire up the software, Start it....a web window will open (with your default browser).....and then just drag it to your window like you normally do and see what happens :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Had some free time today and your design is almost finished. Give it a try on your device/pc etc and see how it fits. It should auto re-size on any device to its optimum.

Just paste this url on your device/pc http://r3e.proracing.club/widgets/digital1.html

Here how it looks like for me. Tried to make it as close to your as possible (tires is missing units for now). Note, data is not hooked in yet, its just static ;)

digital.png

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 3
  12. Flavourlicious

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Bro, that's awesome! I like that is't responsive. I was making compromises on the design so it would fit on as many devices as possible but it works on everything this way. GOOD! :)

I'm also working on another design with a black background and white units (like you find in some of the WTCC cars)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Hehe, yeah. I tried to make it responsive as much as I can :p Now I'm plugging in the data, shouldn't take long but my wife and daughter want to go out for an ice-cream so I guess it has to wait :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Stefan really great job on this. Is there a chance that this tool can be used with other sims as well? (assetto, GTR2, race 07, SCE, etc)

15. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    GTR2 and Race 07 no idea as never worked on those. GSCE, RF2...yeah it will work and I can easily port it to these as I did plugins for live timing for those. AC I have not played with its API yet but I'm sure it can be done.

Problem is the time mate so not sure if they'll ever come to those. Maybe in the future if it becomes popular.

In the mean time, I uploaded a semi working version of http://r3e.proracing.club/widgets/digital1.html

Half of the stuff works, but it still needs to be incorporated in main page.

Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  16. Flavourlicious

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Nice, I will try it out tonight. :)

Here is what I have for a black style dash. I also added fuel and damage icons and maybe it would be nice to alert the driver when tires get to hot and worn. You might be able to match that to when the engineer app guy tells you when your tires are hot so that would be synced when you use both apps.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  17. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    I might be that engineer guy :). I just pulled a figure out of my bum for the tyre temp of a "hot" tyre, so I'm happy to synch my app with this one

• Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Stefan Mizzi

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Thank you Mr Belowski :) In my app, I am changing the colors of the tire (left, center and right) according to the temperature values, but to be honest, I got them out of my bum too as I have no idea hoping some pro would notice and tell me how the colors should change according to the temp values :p

This is the range I am using:

0 to 30 = blue (cold)
    31 to 70 = orange (normal)
    71 to 120 = red (hot)

tire.PNG

In between, the algorithm blends the colors.

Anyway...so my warning (red) starts at 71...but I can change them to match yours :)

19. Flavourlicious

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    A more common color for tires with optimum tiretemps is green. The right tiretemps really change per car though (soft compound runs good at higher tenps as hard compound runs better at a bit lower temps). Maybe one of the developers could share what the avarage optimum range is for tiretemps? From what I have seen everywhere around I would guess between 80 and 100 for an avarage optimum for all cars where anything above 100 is becoming orange and above 110 is red hot, and below 80 would become blueish and below 70 or 65 would become icyblue.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
  20. Flavourlicious

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to bombard you (and for the double post). I've been thinking about a couple of different pages you could have for a digital dash. I like how you can flip the pages in-game, but the downside there is that you can only see the gear on one of the two pages in-game. I can remember the gear when I'm hotlapping, but in a race I forget my current gear sometimes and I look at my gear real quick so I don't shift to the wrong one. So for now I designed two alternative pages for the black design but kept the gear indicator the prime feature and put the other features around it.

I also changed the led's in my design to look a bit like the in-game black dash. Is there any info on when a player is in the pits? Maybe nice to have the rev led's flash in yellow when the pit-limiter is engaged.

Also (maybe you've thought of this already) in the end there should be a way to change between pages and also to go back and use you original analog page. I tried to just paste a button on top of the dash but it would destroy the clean look of the thing. So I made a little settings button that will fit in the design in top left corner. So you keep the clean look but also have an option to go back and choose another dash.

Finally I re-aligned everything so the gear indicator is centered and the other features are nicely placed around and also changed the dark red to a more alarming brighter red and made one of the damage icons red for showing purposes.

Black dashes I have designed so far:

BASIC DASH
    • RPM
    • Gear
    • Speed
    • Fuel (% and L)
    • Best lap
    • Current lap
    • Damage icons
    • Tires (°C and %)
    [​IMG]

MECHANICS DASH
    • Fuel (%, L and visual bar)
    • Gear
    • Brakes (°C)
    • Oil (°C and psi)
    • Water (°C)
    • Damage icons
    • Tires (°C, % and psi)
    [​IMG]

TIMES DASH
    • Last lap
    • Best lap
    • Current lap
    • Gear
    • Damage icons
    • Best sector 1
    • Best sector 2
    • Best sector 3
    [​IMG]

BASIC DASH (PIT-LIMITER ENGAGED)
    • Basic Dash with rev led's flashing when pit-limiter is engaged (yellow, off, yellow, off, etc.)
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 5
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2015