Problem SIMAGIC Pedals Binding

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by robertopoz, Oct 27, 2021.

1. robertopoz

robertopoz New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I just got a new set of Simagic pedals. For some reason i can not bind them to the game. I have tried to AC, no problem. I have set up with Diview, the pedals are recognized and works I have tried to connect them directly to pc and to the Simagic wheel base too. Doesnt bind in the game. (Wheel works no problem).
    I have tried to rename the RCS file (i matched the name inside to the file name). Doesnt work.
    I am running out of options. Anyone can help?

2. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    make sure steam controllers hasnt hijacked t
    also make sure yo push the pedal all the way when binding

andi

3. robertopoz

robertopoz New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I add some screen shots because i may do something wrong, but for my guess, all it is right but keep dont binding. I have a friend, same pedals, it was just plug in the usb and done. Depressing because it is a 600 euro pedals for the only game i play. They wont even take them back as it is not their problem...
    upload_2021-10-30_20-16-27.png
    upload_2021-10-30_20-17-0.png

4. robertopoz

robertopoz New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    i forgot to add that in the game, the pedals are visible. For some reason it create double profile (SImagic 2 and 3) but also my friend has the same and he can bind with no problem. Me, no mater which i select, wont bind. The First Simagic is the wheel
    upload_2021-10-30_20-43-46.png

5. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    If I'm not mistaken, allowing Steam to control/override your controllers can cause issues. Try changing "Enable Steam input" to "Disable".

6. robertopoz

robertopoz New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    so, here what i did today and still didnt work:
    - i changed Steam controllers to disable
    - I disconnected the wheel hopping it could be "confusing" whatever
    - disinstalled Steam
    - Delete all folders on pc (i tried to clean it as more as possible)
    -re-installed steam and download the game
    - I did not connect the wheel, but only the pedal (direct usb to PC)
    - tried to bind in the game with Steam controller enable. Didt work
    - tried to bind in the game with Steam controller disable. didnt work (PS: i restart the game on every change)
    - tried different USB ports 2 and 3

The difference i found from before to today, is that before in controller setting i could see Simagic 2, Simagic 3, today it show only the keyboard and mouse (wheel not attached). I duplicated the keyboard and tried to bind, didnt work. I know the pedals works, i tested in Diview and used in assetto corsa.

What else can it be? i really cant find any logic in it. I remember that sometime if any button are pressed, it would now allow to bind anything else, so i though 1 of the load cell was failed but it isnt and then i disconnected everything else and still the game cant see it. As i mentioned before, for my friend was just plug, bind and play.

Any magician available?

7. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    disable all controllers in steam ; wheel pedals etc

you by reinstalling everything have created a new raceroom folder in mygames/simbin its called raceroom 2 or 3 or whatever
    this is why you dont see your old controller profiles
    plug the pedals into a usb2 connection
    run diview , check the pedals are showing an analogue value not a digital (if digital check steam controllers)
    run the game ; try binding the pedals, push fully down on the pedal :

Andi

8. robertopoz

robertopoz New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    i did as you said, as i already tried before, same. it does not bind. On control set, it show this, it may give a clue
    upload_2021-10-31_19-45-53.png

9. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Try leaving DiView running in the background while you start the game.

10. robertopoz

robertopoz New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    I saw you posted similar suggestion in 2015 (actually was Andi), I have already tried with Diview open in background. Doesnt work. Do you think migrating on USB port can be an issue? but even there is all up to date. As mentioned before, Window see the simagic pedal on device manager. In steam i can play with no problem in Assetto Corsa (i mean binding and play) . By logic, it has to do with R3E. In 1 post they suggested to change value on (cant remember now the file name) from 0 to 1. Didnt work. I have create new profile on controller folder (rcs file), rename it, changed the name inside, and still doesnt work. And again, the others that use the same pedals have no problem. I guess the solution is to put them for sale?

11. robertopoz

robertopoz New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    the file name which i changed the value from 0 to 1 is on controlSet rcs file (3rd row)
    I also change from false to true on file device_statistic (XML file) in user data folder.
    keep in mind i chanded these things after failing with all the others

12. robertopoz

robertopoz New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    to whom can i address the problem? is there any tech support by sector3?

13. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
  14. Phil Au

Phil Au New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I have a similar problem. I am running a CSLDD Wheel with my simagic pedals. Neither steam nor Raceroom are detecting the pedals even though Assetto Corsa, Dirt Rally 2 and AMS2 all worked with the pedals with no problems.

What could be causing this?

Attached Files:

15. robertopoz

robertopoz New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Till today no one has been able to help me. A friend of mine has the same setup (wheel & pedals simagic) and he has no problem to play in every title. Simagic, the support is what it is. But for my understanding is raceroom issue. There must be a file somewhere that cause the issue. If you ever find the solution, let me know as i have my pedals collecting dust for the past 4 months (i give up time ago already) and I hope a day i can finally use them

16. Woger73

Woger73 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I'm there with you all. My Alpha hub & wheel work fine but the P2000 pedal assembly is not recognized by Steam and/or Race Room. I will dump Race Room before I sell my pedals, they are great load cell pedals. Race room or Steam need to take this issue seriously and so far they don't give a s**t.

17. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    @Phil Au
    dont know if this helps but im around today and can be on discord voice chat , that way you can stream your screen and we can try and go through this together , please tag me here or on discord and we can try and see what is happening .

Andi

• Like Like x 1
  18. Woger73

Woger73 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Sorry Andi but I have already moved on. I’ve spent way too much time and effort trying to solve your company's software problems. There are too many of your competitors out there to spend any more time on this. I have already removed your software from my Steam account and now will be racing on Low Fuel Motorsports and/or iRacing. Let me know if you ever get this issue resolved and perhaps I’ll give your site another chance.

Woger73

19. reif

reif New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I this a problem with everyone or just a few individuals? I'm interested in buying a set of these pedals but I don't want to waste my money if it's not supported.

20. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Not for everyone: