News Safety Car available

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Georg Ortner, May 10, 2022.

1. Georg Ortner

Georg Ortner KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +3,507 / 0 / -0
    We have a special surprise for you today!

As a gesture of gratitude to our loyal community members we are giving you free access to the new #RaceRoom Safety Car

Join us on http://discord.gg/raceroom for instructions how to unlock it.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 12
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  2. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Since we're unlocking features, is there another technique to un-lock a DirectX 12 raytracing capable graphic engine? ;)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +395 / 0 / -0
    I love me an r8 but im still not joining discord :D

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. DrKarotte

DrKarotte Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    It's where the VRP are shown (at the top), there is a dropdown "Redeem code", at least I had it just a minute ago, and the code given worked...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    What can i do with the safety car? A safety car championship to drive against 20 other safety cars.:p
    WoW.If the game had the rules for a implementation of the safety car that would be a bummer! :)
    PS: Discord/Facebook/Twitter/Telegram :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: No
    George, as loyal customer who bought every car like me---send me the code via PM please;)

6. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +79 / 0 / -0
    :eek:

Me - Go to Discord as soon as you get home!

Me - Will do.

This is an interesting little bit if content. Something big must be on the horizon.

7. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    From Discord:
    The RR Safety Car is a special service for community members that would like to use it in their league races & similar online scenarios. The SC can be used to perform manual formation laps in online grids of briefed drivers, or to manage the field in manually administrated FCY phases. Disclaimer: - The SC is not intended to be used in Single Player / with AI. - The SC is not intended to be raced against other SC's - The SC driver will use a player slot on a MP server. - The SC does not add formation lap or FCY functionality to the game automatically. - Brief your drivers if you intend to use it. - The SC is not being timed/scored by the sim, so it doesn't interfere with race standings. Usage: - Add the SC to the car selection when setting up the server. - To use the roof lights press the "Flash Headlights" key. - Collisions are enabled. - SC will grid between P1 and P2 on the starting grid of the race. - If you want a regular standing start and have the safety car simply available during the race, make sure "Delayed start from pitlane" server settings has a non null value. Then the SC driver should not click to grid before that timeout has elapsed. The SC will then spawn in the pitlane, ready to be used. - If you intend to use the SC during a race session, stopping the SC should be done inside the pitlane limits (the same lines as the speed limitations), engine can be turned off. ESC shouldn't be pressed as you wouldn't be allowed back. - SC driver needs to be doing at least the pit speed limit other wise he is ghosted. Note: - Third party apps like OtterHud might not work correctly for the SC driver

My curiosity was higher than my ego:D but completly useless for single players like me.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  8. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    So that means, the SC is driven by a (non-AI)-driver who waits in the pitlane till he is needed? And he can lead the field in a formation lap to the grid?

• Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  9. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Basically yes. That's it. It can also do a formation lap from a gridded start, although there is no code for a formation lap so it's all manual. It's really a tool for league owners to use. There are no built in rules with the game. eg, you pass the safety car on the formation lap - nothing happens.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0

Watch from about 1h12 minutes in for SC deployment.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    To be honest,i don't understand this "free giveaway thing".Is it click bait for discord?
    Why don't they say that it is only useable in MP.Ts.ts..

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    A safety car in single player mode would be even more tedious and pointless than a full cooldown lap is in MP mode.
    What next? A full pre-race driver briefing and inspection of jewellery and clothing?

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  13. Muzarati

Muzarati Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    That seemed to work really well, pretty cool?

14. Stelcio

Stelcio Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    It can add some depth and dynamics. In sprint races it creates an additional challenge of keeping the tyres warm and having a good restart. In longer races it can on top of that completely rearrange your strategy. And whether it's tedious shouldn't be an argument against anything in a simulator anyway, whether it's realistic should. Presence of safety cars is very realistic, they have a role in a significant number of races, much higher than rain I would say. Same for dirt and debris - that should be a part of that, since that's the most frequent reason for a safety car in the first place. Having a safety car without the proper context for it - the danger that safety car is supposed to mitigate - admittedly makes little sense.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Exactly my point. Back in the day, Indy 500 by Papyrus had caution periods after crashes and they took their sweet time to clear the track I can tell you, but in RRE single player the AI don´t typically shed debris or block the track for long so it is really only going to be used to bunch the field up for a restart, like in DDF´s video - but ask Hamilton how he feels about that after Abu Dhabi!

16. 16sth

16sth Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Go to 40 minutes and 30 seconds in and see the SC leading the grid around for a rolling start.

17. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Well it is free, I don't know why it's done via unlock code but there you are. And it is explained in the discord thread that it is only for MP.

18. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    To bad only mp, nevertheless thanks :D

19. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    You can also drive it in single player sessions.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. ravey1981

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Well you can drive it, technically, but why?