Telemetry SecondMonitor (Timing & status App)

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Winzarten, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Hervé45

Hervé45 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    My iiyama 22" for my secondmonitor is at 75hz

2. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Well I can’t find what is going wrong. So I guess this app is not for me:( as said, I can test it with a laptop and hook my screen to the laptop. Although I don’t think this will help. Really strange.
    I also can reset the Nvidia driver settings for AMS2 and see if this makes a difference. Perhaps it is something in the driver setting of the NCP.

3. Hervé45

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    Save your system windows with acronis true image for example
    Format c:
    Install
    Steam
    AMS2
    Secondmonitor

For test on a clean system

4. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Yeah perhaps that is an idea although all the hassle…. Will test some other things first. I really do like the app.

5. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    That's because RFactor2 doesn't provide correct session length information before race start (notice how there is 5 minutes remaining in the session). ;)

You can try to disable "Animate Driver pos." in the map options, and "Animate Delta Bar" in Timing Grid options, if anything can cause stutter, it will most likely be this, as the window is not accelerated, and WPF always targets 60fps. Running the app on fullscreen shouldn't make a difference, as fullscreen for the app is not a real fullscreen, just "remove the top bar and stretch" :)

Also, I would check something like
    https://www.testufo.com/
    to see if similar problem with (either AMS, or the monitor tester stuttering), if so, it looks like a problem with windows and frame scheduling. I had similar problem previously, when having i.e. chrome on fullscreen would introduce stutter on another monitor if, if those monitor had different refresh rate. Either windows or graphics drivers eventually fixed that for me, but I was struggling with it for some time. ;)

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Thanks. Will do some more tests. I have reset all Nvidia driver setting but that does not help. So will see if your ideas will help. I report back later.:D

7. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    post of the day if you ask me. “Animate Delta Bar” was already disabled by default I think but, "Animate Driver pos." did the trick. Turned that off and boom, smooth as it should be.
    So many thanks to point me in this direction. Drink a glass on my account, bottoms up.:D

strange, I do not have a high end PC anymore, 4 years ago it was high end of course, but it is far from slow, so strange to see my system struggling with this app. Anyhow it is solved now.
    Have a great day, evening, night. I dunno where you live. :p

• Like Like x 1
  8. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    New version is out :)
    Notable changes:
    • In Practice and Qualification, if player is in the pits, all sector times will show the best sector time, so you can easily compare where you're relative to other drivers. When a non-player is pits, and player is on track, best sector time will be shown for that driver.
    • There is now a possibility to add "Best Sector" columns in the timing grid.. these will always show best sector times for drivers.
    • Fuel Calculator now has an additional field, "Extra Fuel %", where it is possible to specify extra fuel as percentage.
    • Fuel calculator will now prefer race sessions for automatic pre-race fuel calculation. It will also pre-fill the extra fuel, based on how many race session are logged in the app. By default it will start at 15% extra fuel when there are no race session, and the app has to use practice and qualification, and scale it back to 5% when 5 race sessions are logged. These values can be changed in the options.

• Like Like x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  9. Hervé45

Ratings:
    +135 / 0 / -0
    In Rfactor 2
    Why type tyres in yellow and other in red ?
    only soft in Rf2....No supersoft it's seem
    Tyres Color codes
    The application follows the standard color codes used in Formula 1.

• Purple - Ultrasoft tyre.
    • Red - Supersoft tyre.
    • Yellow - Soft, or option tyre.
    • White - Medium tyre.
    • Orange - Hard, or prime tyre.
    • Green - Intermediate wet tyre.
    • Blue - Full wet tyre.

1.jpg

10. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, I need to update the wiki :)
    Red is soft, yellow is medium and white is hard, how it is currently in F1...

So you might ask, why both yellow and red have a big S in the column. I've had a look and it is because the column takes the first letter from the tyre compound, which works great for sims, where the coumpound is Soft/Medium/Hard...
    But in RF2 the compounds have full names - S7M (Soft), S8M (Medium).. so taking first letter yields S for both Soft and Medium... :)
    I will try to adapt the code for next version, so it is also able to handle RF2 tyre compounds.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Since the new version I can't open the fuel calculator anymore. I click on the icon but nothing happens.

12. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Could you please attach the log file?

13. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Yes NP. See attachment.

Attached Files:

• log.txt
      File size:
      8.2 MB
      Views:
  14. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Any news on this? :D

15. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Not really, I've had a look at the log, and there doesn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary.
    I will add additional logging in the area for the next version, that might help me figure out what's going on.

Also, it will be more obvious in the next version when the fuel calculator didn't open because of insufficient data. The fuel calculator requires at least one session to be run with the Car - Track combination to have some fuel consumption info. That includes the current session, but it requires atleast 2 minutes of running.

Is anybody else experiencing this issue?

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Bull Shark

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Thanks. I will do some more test later this week.

17. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    New version is released, the suspension velocity line series "histogram" (histogram for all tyres in a single chart), is finally implemented :)
    upload_2022-6-3_16-25-25.png

• Like Like x 5
  18. Gerdoner

Gerdoner New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hey there,

first of all I wanna say thank you for your great program @Winzarten. Been using it for a while now and it more or less replaced all the other apps I used in the past.

I just noticed that the rF2 tyre temps don't line up what the MFD tells me ingame. The core tyre temps in SecondMonitor are often much higher than what it shows ingame (like 120 °C to 78 °C). Don't know if I messed up some settings, but I do remember it corresponding much closed in the past.

Also, I posted a suggestion over at GitLab before registering an account on this forum.
    Oh, and is there a way to increase the number of stored Reports to an amount of over 100?

Keep up the great work :)

19. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Glad you're liking the app :)

Nothing changed in what the app reads from telemetry.
    The left/right/middles ones are the temperatures reported by RF2 for each tyre section. These are the surface temperature, and the average of them should roughly correspond with the ingame tyre hud.

The overall tyre temp is the tyre carcass temperature from telemetry, I don't think this is visible anywhere in game. This will be higher than the surface temperature, and in general doesn't affect immediate grip.

And yes, rising the report limit is a simple matter ;)

20. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    New version is out. One notable addition is that the Fuel Overview will now calculate the recommended amount to refuel.
    SecondMonitor_sIgEqKsTtv.png

By default this amount is "Fuel until end of race" + 1Lap + 5%. This can be customized in options. This indication will turn green once there is enough space in the tank for the fuel.

For races with multiple stops, the app will also show the estimated amount of pit stops + fuel to add on the last stop. So you can judge if you can i.e. scratch one pitstop by doing some fuel saving.

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1