Problem SIMAGIC Pedals Binding

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by robertopoz, Oct 27, 2021.

1. tennenbaum

tennenbaum New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    I tried. Didn't work. Any other idea?

2. D3L8OY

D3L8OY Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    I just don't understand, I am running ACC, iRacing, AC, F12020, F12019, AMS2 and all work perfectly with the Simagic Pedals, no issues whatsoever binding them with all these sims, what is RRE doing, I never had issues with my V3's or HE sprints. Now I am no rocket scientist, but surely it can't be that hard to get a set of the pedals and get them to work without dancing around installing third party software, installing and uninstalling, I think the amount of money I have spent on RRE would be enough for Sector 3 to buy a set of pedals and get them to work.
    BTW I have tried a vanilla install, even completely uninstalled everything RRE related right down to registry edits and still no luck. Please can we just get this working I am sure everyone here has also spent enough and supported Sector 3 to deserve the respect of getting this issue fixed.

3. tennenbaum

tennenbaum New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    This. I don't play RRE no more since i got my pedals. Not because I don't want, but because i can't. (btw.: owner of the complete RRE content).

4. D3L8OY

D3L8OY Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    My point exactly, a lot of money spent and no response from the developers. What a pain I feel bad for you mate. Maybe one day when RRE 2 is available.

5. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    That's the thing: they got pedals and they work. Now the task is to somehow find out or guess why they don't work for some people.

6. Wutman

Wutman New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Today I've installed the win10 on another SSD in my PC, in win10 works the bind just fine.
    The PC is the same, just Win11 and Win10 on different SSD.
    So something goes wrong between win11, Simage Pedal and R3E.

Hope this information could help.

I've tried in Win11 uninstall-reinstall the game, didn't help. After uninstallation, I've renamed the order "documents\My Games\SimBin", but I noted that the config file is somehow remain, cause the game was started with correct resolution setting.

I'd like try to "clear" uninstall the game then reinstall it again. how shall I do it correctly?

7. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    What do you mean by "correct resolution setting"? Or, what resolution did you expect?

If you rename the game's folder in Documents, nothing should carry over from an old installation to a new one.

8. Wutman

Wutman New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

By the fresh installation in win10, at first launch the game has been opened with 1024x768@windowed, which I believe is the default setting.
    "Correct" means, the games was launched with same resolution as my desktop setting, my desktop resolution is 7680x1440, I don't believe that the game has detected it and matched the setting automatically

9. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Graphics settings, including resolution, are all stored in Documents\My games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\graphics_options.xml. You can check it yourself and you can even edit this file with a Notepad or any similar editor.

10. tennenbaum

tennenbaum New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    It's not only a Win 11 Problem. I'm Win 10.

11. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    If you could add a list of your hardware controllers /os etc to your signature it would help

Andi

12. tennenbaum

tennenbaum New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    see my hardware... thanks!

13. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    This is probably as close as we got from a clue in this thread so far, so it seems to be dependent on a Windows build or require a certain windows update, possibly?

Are you all on legit windows with all windows updates?

Shot from the hip, I know but can you try to download and run the directX web installer? Assuming you might be missing something. Find it here at Microsoft: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

14. tony cortes

tony cortes New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Did what you said , still dont bind. Strange that they work in all other racing games ,even in MFS 2020....

15. T3KNOSIS

T3KNOSIS New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I am wondering if this is a Windows Home vs Windows Pro issue. I have tested on both my pc's, one running Win 11, and the other Win 10. The pedals work no problem on both systems. So I don't think it's a matter of being Win 10 or Win 11, rather the version/edition of windows being used.

Pedal Testing Scenarios:
    > Connected Direct to PC via USB = Working
    > Connected through powered USB Hub = Working
    > Connected via Can-Bus port on Alpha Mini wheelbase = Working
    > Connected via Simagic USB Extender (Can-Bus Port) = Working
    * All scenarios tested with the button pressed in, and popped out on the Control Box *

From what I'm seeing in this forum, users who are having this issue seem to be running Windows Pro edition.

Both my PC's below confirmed working, no extra setup required. Running the following Win versions:
    PC 1:
    Edition: Windows 10 Home
    Version: 21H2
    OS build: 19044.1766
    Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0

PC 2:
    Edition: Windows 11 Home
    Version: 21H2
    OS build: 22000.739
    Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.739.0

If users could share the same info as above (Edition/Version/OS Build/Experience), we can see if there are any commonalities that may be linked to this issue. Thanks.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2022
  16. ACClongy01

ACClongy01 New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I can confirm that I'm running Windows 10 pro upgraded to win 11.

17. tony cortes

tony cortes New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Win10 home here

18. tony cortes

tony cortes New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Pedals don t work if connected directly to PC ,they work if connected on a Simagic base ,i assume you are aware of that...

19. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    I assume you are not aware of who he is. If it's simagic and it doesn't work or does work he would know, trust me

• Like Like x 1
  20. tony cortes

tony cortes New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    He should mention if his test works plugged direct to PC or not then.....

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1