The Project CARS thread

Dieses Thema im Forum "Off Topic" wurde erstellt von ::SKRO::, 7. Mai 2015.

1. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1.268 / 0 / -0
    Maybe SMS just misunderstood when the community wanted realistic behaving AI?
    They thought they should match the multiplayer servers instead of real race drivers.. . ;)

• Like Like x 1
  2. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1.056 / 0 / -0
    lol.
    Watching some online race in Pcars is quite awful. People are cutting every chicane without repercussion, They do it over and over and over again. ( last turn at spa )

However my only race i did at sonoma was quite fun.
    Like i said before there is fun to be had with this title. Just got to take it for what it is.

3. Peevee88

Peevee88 Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    All RRE needs is a strong MP system like iRacing has - copy the whole race licensing and class system, tt & iratings, penalties, promotion/demotion, protest process etc etc.
    I am surprised no independent developer has made available a plugin for sims that copies or mimics the most successful thing iRacing has - namely a spot on MP system
    With this in place serious sim racers will be attracted and the target should be around 40,000 to 60,000 members in total (iRacing amounts I am guessing) and with that kind of user database try and make RRE financially viable at say $100 per year all inclusive

Perhaps coupled to that is an arcade version of the game for the masses so you would have to options eg:
    • RaceRoom Challenge (arcade style for the mass market)
    • RaceRoom Pro (serious sim for the die-hards limited market)
    Same products except Challenge version has all the assists and stuff that will attract the Clash of Clanners, Forza, Gran Turismo and even Minecraft brigade)

4. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1.268 / 0 / -0
    I don't know.
    It says they have 55000 members in iRacing, but I think they count all members they ever had, even the ones not active..
    My biggest complaint with iRacing subscribing aside was the participation.
    I actually had several car series bought without ever being able to race them once!.. .

I also think that most of the active members wasn't actually racing, there was often about 2000 members online, but only a handful of them was in the servers.
    Almost everyone just hung around the forum.. .

5. Leper Messiah

Leper Messiah Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    People moaning about COMMON developer practise of starting work on the next project as soon as the other is out the door, it's nothing unique to SMS and the ones slagging them off for it ARE being dicks. And they will dislike this post. The cost has nothing to do with raising funds and more about keeping out the sort of disruptive "person" that caused a lot of issues by having the basic inability to be polite. And YES I was FED up off the colossal amount of stupidity that was flying around forums on this subject.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. Leper Messiah

Leper Messiah Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I'm not happy with pCARS Ai either, but R3E's is not brilliant (caveat it IS better) also. I often get punted by the Ai when I make a slight error and have to correct a slide, most humans would flinch and back off/make an evasive manouever...but R3Es just seems to pile drive me off the track.

And don't get me started on Backmarkers...but EVERY game I play has the same issue...why can't Ai programmers solve this?

Honest question: How hard is it to have a secondary racing line for Ai to use when being lapped? I realise this wouldn't work in WEC/USCC style racing as I believe lapped cars stay on the racing line.

• Like Like x 1
  7. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1.013 / 0 / -0
    Let's be clear. Nobody is moaning about the common developer practice of starting work on the next game as soon as the current one is released. People ARE moaning about announcing it a few weeks after the original bug-ridden product was released. Announcing a sequel so soon, regardless of how early it's being worked on, is definitely not common developer practice. You give the current product room to breathe and establish itself first.

Nobody was being a dick.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. r-r-public

r-r-public Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    I don't own Project CARS and I have never played it, only know screenshots and YouTube footage. But I want to leave my two cents about it. It sure looks good and has advanced effects that are up to date. But when I look a little bit closer, it also has some "not so good looking" parts, especially some track side objects. And the level of detail is to harsh, there is no smooth transition, only a hard cut from one frame to the next one. But what I couldn't stand is the really awful engine sound. It's so synthetic and don't even sound like the car it should come from. The worst is this stupid "hiccup" between every gear change. No, Project CARS is not my type of game.

9. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Speaking of noticing stuff... back when the game was on my PC, I've noticed they decided, for I don't know what kind of reason, to put a black fade-in when transitioning from one TV camera to the next one.
    Why's that? Honestly that was really un-watchable... Was it a glitch? Did they fix it?

10. Peevee88

Peevee88 Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Best AI is Stock Car Extreme the Brazilian V8 cars and Formula Vee are excellent to race against at 100% to 110% (for me) on the original tracks. They really race you and even if you pull a gap, they harass you all the way to the finish and I have had times when they actually attack towards the end of the race. Also good to see is they make credible mistakes too.
    RaceRoom AI is all over the place - too fast in some places, others places too slow, every track different and can range from hard to beat at 80% and easy to beat at 110% depending on track or series.
    pCars AI are not bad, but can do silly things and like RaceRoom at some tracks unbeatable at 80% and at others easily beatable at 100% - and they don't have brakes!!!
    rFactor2 AI are way too predictable and tend to follow the exact same lines, but at the same time are race-able if you make allowances for the shortcomings

• Agree Agree x 2
    Zuletzt bearbeitet: 20. Juli 2015
  11. Peevee88

Peevee88 Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    On the AI note:
    One of the things AI developers have never been able to get right is AI starting off slowly when it comes to practice and qualifying - their out laps are always full gas which is off p!ssing as invariably one is trying to get into the groove and normally takes 2-3 laps to get at full pace in a session - like in real life.
    Surely they can code in somewhere that AI on first out lap in practice is down 25% strength, outlap 2 at 15%, outlap 3 at 5% then full gas.
    And in qualy first out lap is down 10% thereafter full gas. Hate being rammed on an outlap!

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Totally agree. I just had this experience on Zandvoort Club with the GTO a few days ago. First turn they have massive grip then slow on the Club turn and then completely wrong on the last turn before the straight where they seem to be sucked in to the left by a black hole..
    AI was 110 but couldn't race accordingly

13. Leper Messiah

Leper Messiah Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    The reason it was announced early was because they wanted the community to be involved from the beginning, how hard is that to comprehend? Those that can't comprehend and bitched were stupid, those who did comprehend and bitched were just being dicks to fan the flames. Like it or not the Car Sim community is awful IMO, fragmented and very opinionated on matters that ARE purely subjective.

pCARS IS being allowed to breath and has the support of SMS.

The WORST part of the WMD process for me was the actual release of the game, it wasn't ready and I thought the whole crowd funding side of it was supposed to mean no deadlines for release. At some point this changed, I don't know if it was pressure from Bandai Namco and the console side of things (that's my personal guess).

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Leper Messiah

Leper Messiah Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    pCARS is the best looking racer I have, trackside details and textures are excellent and far above Asseto Corsa's and Better than R3E's. I have no isses with LOD transitions either. Sounds are hit and miss (some cars better than others) and generally not on par with R3E's, but then again I think that R3E is pretty much regarded as the number one in sounds.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Leper Messiah

Leper Messiah Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    Indeed, that is something I highlighted several times. I believe that they have put in some "cool head and tyres" into the Ai but not enough it seems.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Leper Messiah

Leper Messiah Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0
    I just wish someone could bring ALL the best elements of the sims on the market into ONE cohesive product. I'm tempted by Reizas stuff, but I also want top level graphics and it's basically a tarted up RF1 engine isn't it?

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Peevee88

Peevee88 Member

Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    Try it if you are a true simmer you will enjoy it for sure. RF engine might be old but they have cranked out some pretty spectacular graphics far better than anything I have seen on RF2 for example - original tracks are great, V8 superb, FVee a blast - others yet to try just love the V8s so much nothing else matters right now. If you hate I will give you refund ;-) I ain't a fan boy - I have simmed for almost 20 years (GP2, ICR2, GPL) days) and still I haven't found what I am looking for...

• Like Like x 1
  18. r-r-public

r-r-public Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +55 / 0 / -0
    Maybe I should have add that I meant the LOD especially in replays.

Of course I would like to give this game a try but I really don't like the sound, the R8 is one of my favorite cars and this game doesn't do it a favor in this case. And I want to be honest, I'm afraid that Project CARS destroys my R3E world because of it's superior look. It's hard to come back to things when you have seen better.

19. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    I look at it the other way.... I find it hard to use PCars, because of the hopeless driving experience, God awful feedback and overly complex way to adjust it, only to find that it's still awful. I had hoped that 2.5 would make it playable, but sadly no.

As for the look, Raceroom ain't half bad and more natural imo. PCars out of the box was way to saturated for me. Just as well we have a choice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    I agree completely the most important things for me are physics/ffd, ai and settings. r3e wins with the last one by a long shot. the more i can change/disable/tweak/enable the better. the ffb in r3e is the best out their for this reason. asetto corca has good ffb if you have a "common" wheel. there is also no way to completely disable shadows or lighting in ac. I can play r3e on my laptop or a beast and get good frames.